Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216493 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #435 on: October 02, 2013, 08:48:37 pm »
Just been sent a memo from Venue Cymru telling me whats on,it consists of 4 nights for the whole month,i will check just incase other things are sold out and they have;nt included them,lets hope its not just 4 nights its used this month.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #436 on: October 02, 2013, 08:53:39 pm »
I;am wrong ,apologies Venue Cymru,looks busy and they seem to have taken the Theatre Colwyn stuff off the Cymru site.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #437 on: October 03, 2013, 02:17:53 pm »
Further signs of the strangeness of the running of this place - in the last 2 weeks I've had 2 text messages from orange asking me if I want half price tickets to see both Ed Byrne and Jason Manford - I've just got tickets for the latter for £11.50 each! They clearly can't be selling a lot of tickets

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #438 on: October 03, 2013, 07:00:15 pm »
Further signs of the strangeness of the running of this place - in the last 2 weeks I've had 2 text messages from orange asking me if I want half price tickets to see both Ed Byrne and Jason Manford - I've just got tickets for the latter for £11.50 each! They clearly can't be selling a lot of tickets

I might have been tempted to go and see Ed Byrne if I'd been offered half price tickets but I'm with O2  :(

Looking at the online booking the two Jason Manford shows are both more or less fully booked with the exception of a few pockets of available seats up in the gods.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #439 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:13 am »
I went to Telfords Warehouse last nite to watch Llandudno band Catfish and the Bottlemen,now i don;t expect you dinosaurs to know much about modern music but what a shame i had to go to England to watch a local band.We cannot blame Venue Cymru for this but surely they could approach their promotors and offer the Hall upstairs for the locals to watch,obviously this would need some effort so forget it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #440 on: October 04, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »
I went to Telfords Warehouse last nite to watch Llandudno band Catfish and the Bottlemen,now i don;t expect you dinosaurs to know much about modern music but what a shame i had to go to England to watch a local band.We cannot blame Venue Cymru for this but surely they could approach their promotors and offer the Hall upstairs for the locals to watch,obviously this would need some effort so forget it.

Hey Wrex, Dinosaurs eh?  You'll be calling us all 'Grandad' soon..   :laugh: :laugh:
Are you going to rename yourself T-Wrex?

Now, Festersaurus here, has seen Catfish and The Bottlemen twice and loved them, MAN!

I have also seen Zebedy,  a furiously good local metal band.... and I loved them even more!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #441 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:13 pm »

Hey Wrex, Dinosaurs eh?  You'll be calling us all 'Grandad' soon..   :laugh: :laugh:
Are you going to rename yourself T-Wrex?

Now, Festersaurus here, has seen Catfish and The Bottlemen twice and loved them, MAN!

I have also seen Zebedy,  a furiously good local metal band.... and I loved them even more!

Neither of them are much good. Courteous Thief aren't bad if you're talking local bands.

Anyway felt the full blow of venue cymrus 'admin fee' last night as they charged both me and my brother £3. I had totally forgotten about their 'bandit fee' and so we elected to pay separately. However they could clearly see we were together, it would not have hurt them to be helpful and suggest we pay together to avoid paying twice! Most unhelpful of the 4 ticket staff standing around doing naff all  :roll:

This fee is clearly there to boost up there ailing finances straight from the punter's pocket. It will do them no good, If I can at all help it I'd much rather see a show in Colwyn Bay or Rhyl - better acts and more value for money!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #442 on: October 11, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »
When was the new job advertised for the Venue

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2013, 07:57:56 pm »
Any sign of a gig in the Arena,it has never been this long without at least one gig on the horizon,it was back in May that the last gig took place and there is absolutley nothing booked,such a shame.For those of you who are not sure what i am talking about it is the Arena which holds 2,500 people standing,the idea was they would bring in live groups and help keep the local youth happy and bring in thousands to the town with people staying over,useing the towns pubs,clubs,retaurants and take-aways,the Vaccines were the last to perform,a disgrace and waste of a building.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #444 on: October 18, 2013, 08:15:40 am »
Perhaps it is time for the mass of Staff the place has, to put on a show.  They certainly have plenty of time to rehearse!   

Venue Cymru Follies sound about right!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #445 on: October 18, 2013, 08:19:03 am »
Maybe we could stage a Wrestling Show in there?

Main Event: 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan vs 'Beast of Bradford' Fester

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #446 on: October 18, 2013, 08:37:32 am »

.... or, judging by Kowalski's latest blog rant;     'Killer Kowalski  V  The Three Towns Forum.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #447 on: October 18, 2013, 08:40:31 am »

.... or, judging by Kowalski's latest blog rant;     'Killer Kowalski  V  The Three Towns Forum.
More like 'Kitten Kowalski'...  $walesflag$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #448 on: October 18, 2013, 10:55:57 am »
Venue Cymru sent me an E- Mail yesterday to say that the Daniel O' Donnell concert has been cancelled. Not that I was going :o, but some people will lose bookings for their accommodation.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: October 18, 2013, 11:42:58 am »

It's a well written piece and he does make a lot of good points. But I'm curious: throughout the blog there are two very different writing styles. Wonder if there's a co-author?

It seems there are three other authors. I think.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.