Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216443 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2013, 10:43:17 am »
No probs Norman 08, but I knew that 2 tickets were curling up pinned inside the cupboard in the kitchen-- one for August17th and one for Sept 1st so I knew that unless the show had been cancelled that he was coming. My OH goes to every show, every time Doddy comes-- so much so that Doddy himself acknowledges him by name during the show ! Sad I know, but at 85 the great man still gives alot of 'Happiness' to alot of people!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2013, 11:18:13 am »
yes he,s brill hoteliers don,t like him because he keeps the guests out late ha ha ,them 2 dates we are away but would have gone ,remember once tears rolling down our faces looking across 2 people had sad faces ,dont know why they went lol .

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »
Leave the venue as it is and employ someone who can actually book artists?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2013, 05:37:05 pm »
yes he,s brill hoteliers don,t like him because he keeps the guests out late ha ha ,them 2 dates we are away but would have gone ,remember once tears rolling down our faces looking across 2 people had sad faces ,dont know why they went lol .

He has cut back slightly timewise, namely midnight. I think the theatres had a go at him for keeping the staff there ! In the past the latest that we have ever come away from one of his shows was 1.40am. That was back in Yorkshire.
We once had someone tried to book a room with us and said that they would check in after the Ken Dodd Show.-- Needless to say they didn't get a room !

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »
Sorry Norm i was being sarcastic,its a great idea but do you think the management there want that headache,too much like hard work,and i think there is a cinema hidden in there somewhere.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #380 on: July 15, 2013, 06:50:25 pm »
Yes get in a firm too run the place on a commission basis,it only lost 2 million last year.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2013, 10:38:21 pm »

He has cut back slightly timewise, namely midnight. I think the theatres had a go at him for keeping the staff there ! In the past the latest that we have ever come away from one of his shows was 1.40am. That was back in Yorkshire.
We once had someone tried to book a room with us and said that they would check in after the Ken Dodd Show.-- Needless to say they didn't get a room !

I think he's hilarious, and great.
Trouble is when we saw him a couple of years ago, it was 1.10am finish, and from 7.30pm start my knees, my back and my bladder were screaming.... 'never again'!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #382 on: July 17, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »
The theatre booklet gets worse year on year - it's grim reading nowadays.
Surely it should be getting better?? Why not set up a bus serivce with Bangor university and get some acts on that would appeal to somebody under 75  ££$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2013, 03:33:46 pm »
The booklet gets more difficult to negotiate round and the website is even worse !!!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »
Way behind the times! Then as soon as they have their blue moon event that someone actually wants to go to (Mumford and sons) their processes crumble. 

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2013, 06:16:27 pm »
So who is the headline act?
Justice for the 96

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #386 on: July 17, 2013, 07:17:10 pm »
Booking agent for the Venue is crap,the website is a joke,even the theater seems to be empty these days and its losing 2 million a year and CCBC ARE DOING WHAT EXCACTLY?.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #387 on: July 17, 2013, 08:04:54 pm »
Booking agent for the Venue is crap,the website is a joke,even the theater seems to be empty these days and its losing 2 million a year and CCBC ARE DOING WHAT EXCACTLY?.

Absolutely Sweet FA as usual.   :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2013, 01:51:36 am »

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:54 pm »
Once upon a time it was easy to find out what was on and indeed that there were theatres here because Catlins and then Robbie and Clive had posters everywhere.  Now unless you know the theatre is there you are not aware of anything happening.  It's a shame their marketing needs examination.