Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216474 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2013, 01:30:09 pm »
On the front page of the chronicle today I hear. However I'd be very suprised if the management are held accountable for this or any of their other failings  &shake&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »
As all the people in management in Venue Cymru are employees of CCBC their wages will be paid each week,wether they fill Venue Cymru or not,so there is no incentive to pull in gigs at the Arena,lets just make excuses like Liverpool and Manchester are to close,or the accustics are bad,well im sorry it don;t work with me,we have had some very good bands on ,so it can;t be that bad and as for being to close to others,sorry it works the other way and people love to come and make a few days of it in Llandudno,spending money which was the whole idea in the first place,only problem is we get one gigevery 3 months IF we are lucky. :rage: :rage: :rage:

Offline dwsi

« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:28 pm »
Teen not allowed to take insulin into Vaccines gig at Venue Cymru - North Wales Weekly News buff.ly/13jV76O

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2013, 04:21:24 pm »
Barking mad the lot of them.  Heads need to roll!   $angry1$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2013, 12:02:44 pm »
BBC iPlayer - 5 live Drive: 10/05/2013

from radio 5 live - skip to 1 hour 25 minutes in to hear it

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »
Got the new venue cymru listings today

for comedy  $good$

for music  &shake& What an absolute load of crappy third rate tribute bands! Yet again hardly anything interesting for anyone under 60.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2013, 09:53:04 pm »
hardly anything interesting for anyone under 60.
At least Fester will be happy then...  :laugh:  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2013, 10:08:16 pm »
 L0L

Still no Motorhead back I'm afraid though

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23:07 am »
I too got the new listings yesterday and spotted something that I wished to see in August.
If you look at the brochure it now says that all booking fees are subject to a £2.50 booking fee. My OH rang the theatre and asked if they had now started charging for cash sales at the desk. No we waive the fee then she said !
Mental note-- call in cash in hand.
During the afternoon I called at the TIC in town for something else and in the foyer was a stand full of the new brochures bearing a sign--- no booking fee here--.
Went up to the counter and said that I wanted one ticket for the particular show, did the notice apply to debit card bookings? No charge for any said the very helpful young lady. Thus I got my ticket, where I wanted to sit, with £1 off for earlybird booking. No booking charge. Admittedly I have to exchange the 'voucher/receipt for an actual ticket at some point, but just let them try and charge me any more.

Worth knowing if you want to make a booking !

By the way it is now £1.50 per ticket, not per booking for the Arena according to the brochure.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2013, 10:27:42 am »
I couldn't find anything that we want to see! I'm waiting for Jethro and Brit Floyd to return! Al Murray was great a few months ago!  _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2013, 10:50:30 am »

By the way it is now £1.50 per ticket, not per booking for the Arena according to the brochure.

Utter exploitation.  Damn good job that Marks, Asda and Tesco don't charge for shopping in their stores!  About time this practice was outlawed.  :rage:
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2013, 11:09:23 am »
Is it actually legal?
We used to charge at the Charity Shop for using the card machine, but that was stopped a while back.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2013, 11:12:57 am »
Under the new EU directive which came into force on April 13th:

"... traders will be expected to make sure that any payment surcharges are representative of the actual processing cost involved and they do not charge more than this. This will make the process fairer and more transparent for consumers and no longer result in hidden, expensive charges at the end of the payment process.

Surcharges are often cited in the airline sector but are also imposed by some retailers in other sectors, including rail, event tickets, cinemas, car dealerships and hotels. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) estimate that consumers spent around £300 million on payment surcharges in 2010 in the airline sector alone."

So reasonable charges can still be levied. Next problem - defining 'reasonable'.  However, certain businesses are excepted until the regs become Law = in April 2014.   More here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/crackdown-on-rip-off-card-charges-begins

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/consumer-marketing/rights-contracts/directive/index_en.htm
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2013, 12:23:43 pm »
These booking fees are surely nothing to do with Credit Card processing fees.  It is just an add on for no reason at all.  Their business is "selling tickets", as such any costs should be set off against profits the same as any other business overhead.  Or have I got it all wrong?   :D
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2013, 12:54:27 pm »
No, I have, and you're quite right, Y.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.