Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216521 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #330 on: May 07, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »
And the place gets crazier  ???

VC boasting on their facebook about how they have stopped potential pick pockets entering the vaccines gig last night.

It seems they randomley stopped patrons and quizzed them on their knowledge of the band (lead singer's name etc)
If the Patron didn't know, they didn't get in  &shake&

How absurd, as I said on their facebook, giving their lack of bookings someone should be questioning the VC managemnt about music not the other way round!!

Offline dwsi

« Reply #331 on: May 07, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »
They even confiscated a diabetics hypo kit  &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #333 on: May 07, 2013, 08:37:38 pm »
Facebook is rife with it, I've got friends in London who have heard about this (not through me)
This is really going to damage VC's reputation and rightly so. It's time the management faced the consequences for a number of reasons &shake&

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2013, 08:39:08 pm »
I assume all this was made clear in the Terms & Conditions when tickets were purchased. 

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »
I assume all this was made clear in the Terms & Conditions when tickets were purchased.

L0L good one!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #336 on: May 08, 2013, 01:07:03 am »
It's outrageous and crass mismanagement to have done this.

If the same had happened at the Simple Minds gig, I would not have gained entry despite having paid £40 or so for my ticket.
This is because I was never a massive fan of the band, but went for the big occasion, and I could not name one of their albums.

I would sue them relentlessly if that happened to me or my kids.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:29 am »
Indeed.  When you buy a ticket for an event you are deemed to have made a contract with the sellers.  It seems they've broken their part of the contract so a civil action to recover costs and seek compensation is the avenue down which every refused ticket holder should go. Could be expensive for VC...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2013, 07:56:32 am »
It all seems extremely bizarre to me. Whilst you can understand VC wanting to stop pickpockets, their chosen method seems ludicrous.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #339 on: May 08, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »
I've just booked a couple of tickets to see the comedian Milton Jones in November.  Does that mean I've got to know some of his jokes before they let me in?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2013, 08:03:47 pm »
The notoriety continues they've made the NME http://www.nme.com/news/the-vaccines/70166

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2013, 11:23:50 pm »
It is a complete embarrassment to the Venue Cymru management..... and also for the security company they employ to 'police' these events.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38:54 am »
Lets be honest here,they make very little effort at filling the Arena,4 or 5 gigs a year is pathetic,they have never explained why it is so hard to attract bands to the taxpayers and now seem to be making the Venue a laughing stock.Remember this link is not about the Theatre its just the empty Arena we are concerned about.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »
It is a complete embarrassment to the Venue Cymru management..... and also for the security company they employ to 'police' these events.

Sounds as though this 'security lot' are related to the 'litter lot' employed by CBC.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2013, 01:22:12 pm »
It is very embarrassing to have this sort of negative national publicity for VC.  &shake&