Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216439 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2012, 09:05:04 am »
Simple minds?????? :o :o Blooming hell - I'm gonna have to get the time fixed on this computer - it was supposed to go back an hour but it's gone all the way back to 1992!! :P
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #286 on: November 01, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »
We bought two Simple Minds tickets, and we were also able to reserve two more... which we have to take up (or not) within 3 days.

There was no problem, so fair play to Venue Cymru on this occasion.

Andy, £35 to £40 is roughly the normal price for any band of note these days.

Bon Jovi are selling tickets for £12.50 for their stadium tour next year (although it's debatable whether or not they're a band of note  ;).

Incidentally I've just tried to buy a couple of Simple Minds tickets from Venue Cymru's website and it seems they're still available, I was allocated "Row A Seat 746" and "Row A Seat 747" so presumably they've sold 745 tickets so far (I didn't proceed to checkout).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #287 on: November 01, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »
That seems a very long front row.  :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #288 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08:45 pm »
There are no rows... its the Arena, its all standing.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #289 on: November 01, 2012, 07:35:38 pm »
Not all the time, Fester.

I have sat in a seat a few times for the annual North Wales Choral Festival and I know of a couple who sat down in seats for a Will Young concert in the Arena not too long ago.

As Simple Minds have been around for about 30 years, I cannot imagine all their fans wanting to stand up for three hours.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #290 on: November 01, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »
Motorhead have been around since 1976, (36 years) and that was all standing, even for old buggers with knackered knees like me.

Simple Minds is all standing, we were told this at the point of booking, and its exactly what we expected.

Although, I wish for the sake of my knees that it wasn't!
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2012, 10:12:01 am »
That would be no good for me if I had an excellent position right in front of the stage.

After an hour, I would need the bathroom and lose my spot.  >:(

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:05 am »
That would be no good for me if I had an excellent position right in front of the stage.

After an hour, I would need the bathroom and lose my spot.  >:(

There are "special" very discreet attachments one can use on ones person to take care of those situations!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2013, 10:46:02 am »
St Davids Hospice have 27 Simple Minds concert tickets up for grabs!  D)

The concert will be held at Venue Cymru on 4th April 2013.

All tickets are standing only. Tickets were kindly donated by Julie Bassett. RRP £37.50.

We are offering them for £25.  :o

Please contact Agnes or Haf on (01492) 873664 or (01492) 873674

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2013, 04:29:11 pm »
Thanks Bri,got 2 yesterday for friends. $thanx$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2013, 09:01:49 am »
After all the hype of Venue Cymru Arena announcing the appearance of Simple Minds and the Vaccines all has gone deadly silent,not a hint of another band in sight,no answers as to how they go about looking(if they do) for new groups to appear,as i have said in the past Llandudno has now lost out to Bangor as the main weekend venue and the Arena is failing to fullfill its promise to entertain the youngsters of Llandudno,so lets not let them down with being happy with the old time that suits us,there must be young bands who the kids love and could fill the 2,500 standing spaces or do they avoid having youngsters in.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2013, 10:01:22 am »
I believe a Bangor Nightclub is sending a coach to Llandudno on certain nights to whisk people off for the night.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2013, 12:53:44 pm »
After all the hype of Venue Cymru Arena announcing the appearance of Simple Minds and the Vaccines all has gone deadly silent,not a hint of another band in sight,no answers as to how they go about looking(if they do) for new groups to appear,as i have said in the past Llandudno has now lost out to Bangor as the main weekend venue and the Arena is failing to fullfill its promise to entertain the youngsters of Llandudno,so lets not let them down with being happy with the old time that suits us,there must be young bands who the kids love and could fill the 2,500 standing spaces or do they avoid having youngsters in.

Just out of interest I clicked on the NME tickets bit of their website - first bands I saw were

Pigeion Detectives
Frank Turner
Stereophonics
Counting Crows
The Twang & Cast
The Script
Bloc Party
All Time Low

All of these bands would suit a 2,500 venue and Llandudno would be the nearest venue to Bangor university for all of them

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2013, 10:11:50 pm »
Tonight I was at the Gym, adjacent to the Venue Cymru.

From the window, at 8pm, I saw the Parking Dept van from CCBC.  The Officer was gleefully wandering around slapping tickets on several vehicles in a car park that was 70% empty.

It makes me sick,  :puke2:  because this is such self-defeating behaviour by the Council.

They ruin people's night, who will then vow to never again patronise the LOSS MAKING Venue Cymru.

The same happens near the Pier and other parts of Llandudno who are striving to attract visitors, only to see them persecuted when they get here.  &shake&
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: January 25, 2013, 07:00:43 am »
Agreed, it is stupid, self defeating behaviour that will only leave visitors with an unpleasant view of Llandudno.