Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216448 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2012, 09:48:19 am »
While it is fair to add that many of those 2,500 tickets will have been sold by Ticketmaster, it has to be acknowledged that a fair proportion of those ticket holders will visit Llandudno for the weekend next month or at the very least arrive just for the Sunday to spend a day in the town before going along to the performance in the evening.

Aren't we the lucky ones - tickets in hand for Jimmy Tarbuck on the Friday evening and the Sterophonics on the Sunday?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2012, 10:52:50 am »
Unfortunately that is only two days!  The Theatre complex has to pay its way for another 363 days each year, or we shall have to continue subsidising it for evermore!

It is as well to note that the majority of the income will probably be going to the Banks or Acts engaged and not into the Council coffers!   $angry$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2012, 07:48:26 am »
As long as the pubs,hotels,guest houses,cafes,shops and restaurants are benefitting then this will be a good day,but it is a very rare occurance so we need to know why this is only the second gig this year,how do the complex team go about attracting bands to play the Arena and why is it going so WRONG.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:12 am »
. . . . . .how do the complex team go about attracting bands to play the Arena and why is it going so WRONG.

The main problem first of all, is that the complex is geographically in the wrong place, and secondly not enough is being done to promote the facilities, especially as far as entertainment is concerned.   Entertainment nowadays tends to revolve around the big Bands and headlining solo artists and they will only play the big gigs where they can be guaranteed the big money.

The days of Variety Acts has long since gone but maybe this is what Llandudno could do with, to at least bring the Holidaymakers into the Theatre.

The place needs active and strong promotion whether it be for one night stands, touring theatre, Shakespearian productions, Grand Opera or whatever.   The entertainers will not come to us - we have to go out and persuade them that Llandudno is a venue worthy of a visit from them.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2012, 11:34:05 am »
Not sure i agree with you on your first point Yorkie but you are bang on with the second.On the the first point its true we don;t have the population to sustain quality shows all the time but the Arena gigs are always sold out and we do need some answers to how they bring in groups and how much advertising is done in Cheshire for all the shows in the theatre.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:43 pm »
Off to see the Stereophonics tonite,it must be 6 months since the last concert held in the Arena and no more booked,if you get a chance tonite go around the venue and see how busy 2,500 people coming into town looks like,then tell me why this only happens twice a year.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2012, 04:54:12 pm »
Enjoy yourself this evening, wrex.

BTW, Jimmy Tarbuck was excellent last Friday evening.

The last time I visited the box office on a Sunday it was closed.

A notice in the door said Venue Cymru and its box office are only open on Sundays when there is something on in the evening.

I called this afternoon to purchase a couple of tickets for a show.

Guess what?

Venue Cymru and its box office were shut.

Others were arriving after me and were as surprised as I was.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2012, 06:48:31 pm »
It might be a good thing to confront the Councillors whilst they are drinking the booze we have paid for when they are in the hospitality suite.   Free tickets and free booze is the order of the day for some of them!    >>>
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2012, 07:41:05 am »
It was excellent,six of us decided to meet for tea at the lounge,have a few drinksnd a meal,so as a result of the Stereophonics being in the Arena the Gresham in Upper Mostyn st made approx 130 quid,we had one in Fat Cats and one in the Kings Arms we caught a taxi down to the Gresham,so we generated a little buisness for quite a few LOCAL firms all helping to keep the town afloat.The kings Arms was packed,i heard Wetherspoons was busy so i hope you understand how much money could be made if there where more than 2 gigs on in the Arena a year.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2012, 09:47:23 am »
Well done Wrex!

Dave and I were in the Fat Cat,  but maybe a little later than your crew were there.

So, YES!   The Arena needs more gigs..... a LOT more!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2012, 05:22:28 pm »
I wonder how many of the 2,500 crowd stayed in hotels last night,it really baffles me how our hoteliers are so laidback that they allow CCBC to show so little interest in Llandudno and never complain,ok they put parking meters on the prom so they can gain some income,then they refuse to clean the beach,cut the grass,provide any indoor facilities and then never put any think on in the Arena,wake up hoteliers andget your County clls on the case.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »
Try banging your head on a wall Wrex---- we might as well talk to the trees !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »
I think that a lot of the Forum Members should come along and sit in on a few of the Town Council Meetings.   They will then see what happens, who speaks, who doesn't and exactly how the "business" is dealt with.  I have the dates of all Committee Meetings and also Full Council Meetings if anyone cannot find them anywhere else.    $thanx$
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2012, 09:33:31 pm »
Fester and I were in the Fat Cat again tonight...purely for research purposes, you understand. We concluded that it was quite quiet for the middle of July and we met the new owner of the Lindens Hotel, a very pleasant chap.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »
You know what i mean,Dave.(he knows everything)