Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216612 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2012, 05:46:34 pm »
Although there are no shows planned for the arena you still could;nt book it anyway because the systems are down again,tried to book tickets for the rugby and they said no,shall i call in and buy them ,no the system is down.How are CCBC

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2012, 07:11:59 pm »
Start a Zoo of unusual animals - we already have the biggest white elephant in the whole of Wales!     _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »
I called into Venue Cymru earlier to pick up the latest ‘What’s on Summer/Autumn 2012’ brochure because historically it never arrives early by post through my letter box.

I am guessing but I would imagine holders of Premier Cards are the life blood of Venue Cymru.

Before I came away, I looked through the new brochure (commencing with a show which started yesterday) and could not find any opening night 2-for-1 offers (except for the Xmas Pantomime) that have always been a major benefit to Premier Card Holders for many years.

When I queried this with box office staff, I was informed they have finished.

When I asked where in the brochure can I find out what the individual discounts are for holders of a Premier Card, I was informed in future 10% off the top two prices only on some, but not all shows?

I pointed out that none of this information is included openly and transparently in the new brochure.

So Premier Card holders beware.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:36 pm »
You should have asked them when will there be anything on in the white elephant Arena Bri.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2012, 07:03:57 pm »
According to the brochure, wrex, there are a five shows in the Hall, including Jimmy Tarbuck, but there is actually only one event advertised in the Arena up until the end of November to date and that is this Friday evening called Noson o Adloniant promoted by the Venue Cymru Fundraising Committee.

Perhaps, more will be added in due course.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2012, 10:05:22 pm »
Complete waste of taxpayers money, making us believe they would be bringing loads of people into town with many gigs.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2012, 09:30:59 am »
I called into Venue Cymru earlier to pick up the latest ‘What’s on Summer/Autumn 2012’ brochure because historically it never arrives early by post through my letter box.

I am guessing but I would imagine holders of Premier Cards are the life blood of Venue Cymru.

Before I came away, I looked through the new brochure (commencing with a show which started yesterday) and could not find any opening night 2-for-1 offers (except for the Xmas Pantomime) that have always been a major benefit to Premier Card Holders for many years.

When I queried this with box office staff, I was informed they have finished.

When I asked where in the brochure can I find out what the individual discounts are for holders of a Premier Card, I was informed in future 10% off the top two prices only on some, but not all shows?

I pointed out that none of this information is included openly and transparently in the new brochure.

So Premier Card holders beware.
That's amazing. You have to wonder what sort of thought goes into some of these decisions...  &shake&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2012, 07:15:01 am »
Sorry folks but all the money and focus of CCBC is most definately with Colwyn Bay at the moment, there are no gigs in the Venue Cymru Arena all due too the Olly Murs concert in Erias Arena and CCBC have to justify spending all our money over there,don;t get me wrong it is a good venue and i enjoyed all the u 20 rugby games but my focus is on Llandudno and why that Arena is sitting there empty night after night after night when it was built to attract bands which would then generate pub,hotel ,restaurant buisness,but until the hoteliers start to stand up for themselves and demand some action from their beloved councillors nothing will change and the white elephant will stand empty and so will your hotels.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2012, 07:58:50 am »
Perhaps, CCBC sub-letting the Arena to an interested party could be the answer.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2012, 02:26:13 pm »
C-Y-D county councillors need telling and see what they are worth,unfortunatly im stuck with the same two.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2012, 03:29:47 pm »
I didn't think properties west (or is it north?) of the Washington Hotel were in the C-y-D ward !!

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »
If there is some genuine concern at the use of the Area, would it not make more sense to email the general manager, Sara Ecob ?
The area is I think used for other things than entertainment such as exhibitions and conference facilities.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2012, 07:45:21 am »
Cambrian i do realise the Arena is used for a variety of things,but when i was on the council we voted for the ugly building(or i did) for one reason and one reason only and that was it would be a Arena for gigs and there have been some bloody good bands and they have bought in a lot of people but unfortunatley it has dried up completly,not one, not a hint of one ,NOTHING.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2012, 10:54:12 am »
Just out of interest, have any of the bands returned on subsequent tours? I can't think of any.
Is that a sign of the quality of the venue or the way it is run?
Valar Morghulis

Offline dwsi

« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2012, 01:21:39 pm »
Manic Street Preachers are the only band i know of that have returned.
The problem with the arena is that it's a multi purpose venue and the acoustics in such venues are notoriously bad.