Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216424 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:57 pm »
just come past the back of Venue Cymru and how nice to see thousands going in,there must be a good crowd in for Tommy Steele as Scrooge and Will young is playing the Arena,now that is what should be happening  much more frequently.No idea how many people attending either of tonites shows are staying over for a nite but i can assure you a few will have been for a meal in town first or for a drink or maybe come in to town to do a bit iof shopping,but one thing is true,some money will have
been spent in town today as a result of these shows.
On a negative,you would think on a nite like to nite CCBC would have an agreement to use Mostyn Champneys for parking, a possible 4,ooo people in there tonight and lots not sure wether or not they will be fined by Mostyn Champneys

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2011, 08:07:34 am »
Well all we have to look forward to next year is one gig booked,i wonder if the Arena is running at a loss.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:46 pm »
Twitter / @officialJasonG: Thank you @venuecymru @Qdo ... http://bit.ly/t2NGmM

Offline dwsi

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2012, 06:11:01 pm »
Classic musical The King and I coming to Llandudno and Liverpool - Chester Chronicle http://bit.ly/xWGodB

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2012, 06:50:05 pm »
No complaints with the theatre,they always seem to have something on,the Arena on the other hand is a waste of space.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:10 pm »
I don't think there has been anything on in the theatre since 31 December and when the 'King and I' commences next Tuesday except for a free Family Fun weekend coming up.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:23 pm »
How hard is it to change a website,ive just looked at the magazine for Venue Cymru and Colin Fry is down for June 15 in the hall yet no mention on the website and the magazine must have been just printed and sent out so it has to be at least a week old yet no mention on the web,so once again how long does it take to update a website?.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »
An online booking service is advertised on their website but can you find it?

Live, secure real-time online booking, the tickets are mailed direct to your address. Purchases made three or less days before the event will be held for collection at the Venue Cymru. All internet bookings are subject to a £2.50 fee.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »
Today Mrs Fester and I popped into the Venue Cymru to do 2 things....

Firstly, we booked to see The King and I,  its one of my very favourites, and I can't wait..

Secondly, we tried to book for a Valentine's day meal, which was advertised in the recent booklet.
Here, we failed miserably.
Despite the advert being very prominent and urging us to book soon to avoid disappointment, the reception staff knew nothing about it. They looked mystified at the booklet when I showed it to them.
They sent us upstairs to the restaurant, where 2 teenage staff looked equally puzzled by our enquiry.
Bless them, at least they attempted to call a supervisor, and then a manager...(neither were available)
Eventually we just left as the whole thing was embarrassing.

This just demonstrates that even when the VC marketing team come up with a tempting offer, they don't have the management ability to actually deliver it.   $angry$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »
Today Mrs Fester and I popped into the Venue Cymru to do 2 things....

Firstly, we booked to see The King and I,  its one of my very favourites, and I can't wait..

Secondly, we tried to book for a Valentine's day meal, which was advertised in the recent booklet.
Here, we failed miserably.
Despite the advert being very prominent and urging us to book soon to avoid disappointment, the reception staff knew nothing about it. They looked mystified at the booklet when I showed it to them.
They sent us upstairs to the restaurant, where 2 teenage staff looked equally puzzled by our enquiry.
Bless them, at least they attempted to call a supervisor, and then a manager...(neither were available)
Eventually we just left as the whole thing was embarrassing.

This just demonstrates that even when the VC marketing team come up with a tempting offer, they don't have the management ability to actually deliver it.   $angry$

Had the same trouble when I went to book some tickets a few months back. They had never heard of the show had no idea it was on I had to point it out to them in the book. Everytime I book they ask me my name and address - for some reason there computer doesn't recognise I've booked tickets off them many times before - hence this morning I got 5 theatre booklets through the post! The term piss up and brewery spring to mind

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2012, 10:09:11 pm »
My Premier Card expired last October and I am still waiting for a reminder.  :-}}}

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:16 pm »
What a shame such a fabulous facility is so badly mismanaged.

Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2012, 11:47:03 pm »
The theatre at Venue Cymru continues to deliver a quality offering.

Tonight The Festers went to see The King and I.

It was a superb production, and lavishly done.
From the orchestra and supporting actors to the dancers and child actors it was a very well done indeed.
The leading lady and the guy who played the King were outstanding, and very faithful to the original Rodgers and Hammerstein production we all know.
Bravo!

It was only about 75% full, and the show is on until Saturday night, with a couple of matinee performances thrown in.
If you like good theatre try and get there, I think you will be delighted.

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2012, 07:10:35 am »
We are going on the 20th to see Jethro   8)  He was very funny when we last saw him there  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2012, 08:20:20 am »
The theatre at Venue Cymru continues to deliver a quality offering.

Tonight The Festers went to see The King and I.

It was a superb production, and lavishly done.
From the orchestra and supporting actors to the dancers and child actors it was a very well done indeed.
The leading lady and the guy who played the King were outstanding, and very faithful to the original Rodgers and Hammerstein production we all know.
Bravo!

It was only about 75% full, and the show is on until Saturday night, with a couple of matinee performances thrown in.
If you like good theatre try and get there, I think you will be delighted.

We went on Tuesday evening and took advantage of the 2 for 1 offer.

I would say the theatre was 95% full.