Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216543 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09:20 am »
The outside of the whole complex is starting to look shabby i suggest they get some gigs in the Arena to cover the paint costs and quick.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2011, 11:10:51 am »
How about the Kaiser Chiefs?  ;)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »
 W/e will never know if they have approached the Venue or have been asked but what we do know Bri is it must work for the groups who have played.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2011, 05:20:38 pm »
wrex, seriously the Kaiser Chiefs will be at Venue Cymru on 27 January 2012.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
 Sorry Bri i just saw that on my hotmail, nice one, maybe they are listening

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2011, 09:25:06 am »
For those of you who do not know the Kaiser Chiefs are a big group and that will bring in 2,500 people on a friday night in January and i can guarantee with it being a weekend at least a few hundred will be staying overnight if not two, so now i hope you will all understand were im coming from, more gigs more hotel beds being used more money into local economy simpeles,keep them coming CCBC. $thanx$

Offline dwsi

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2011, 06:36:44 pm »
Kaiser Chiefs Tour Venue List http://bit.ly/qBYATM  D)

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2011, 09:21:25 am »
Tickets for Kaiser Chiefs on Sale from 9 am today Friday 26th August

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2011, 11:18:39 am »

If I recall correctly the  Kaiser Chiefs predicted a riot some years ago, questions should be asked about the recent events!  ;D

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2011, 06:03:59 pm »
 I predict some pubs and hotels will make a few bob for the local economy and hope that CCBC realise this.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:53 pm »

If I recall correctly the  Kaiser Chiefs predicted a riot some years ago, questions should be asked about the recent events!  ;D

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
    L0L L0L _))* _))*
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2011, 11:55:52 pm »
Well, well, well...
My worst fears have come true.
As concerns the Venue Cymru, the mighty MOTORHEAD have announced a UK tour this winter, and have DECLINED to come to Llandudno.
This is terrible in many respects.
1, The band have an affinity with this area having lived in Llandudno, and on Anglesey, but still won't return.
2, When I spoke to them last year, they thought the acoustics in VC were mediocre at best.
3, I have to pay a fortune to travel to Manchester and Liverpool to see them.  (well worth it to me though)

Venue Cymru Management should be ashamed that a band such as Motorhead, who to be fair are no headliners these days, have chopped out Llandudno from thier itinerary.
Fester...

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2011, 12:13:17 am »
For whatever reason a few bands have played here and are not coming back on this years tour.
Joe Bonamassa (Solo), Thunder, Status Quo, Motorhead to name a few. I saw Greg Lake a few years ago and was embarrassed by the turnout & it was blamed on very poor advertising. Then it's alleged that Deep Purple, probably one of the most famous and enduring rock acts in history, were declined because the booker at the venue had never heard of them!!! It all raises serious questions over how the venue is managed to be honest.

Fair play Fester, Lemmy complaining about the acoustics when they play 'everything turned up to 11' brought a smile to my face!  L0L
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2011, 08:40:07 am »
SDQ, the irony of Motorhead complaining about the acoustics wasn't lost on me.
However, those who love Motorhead want them to be very loud, and beefed up... and they weren't.

If the act themselves feels uncomfortable and dis-satisfied then that refelects in the performance, and they will inform thier own management that they do now want to return.

The Deep Purple anecdote, if true, is tragic.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2011, 08:42:50 am »
There isn't a Booker at Venue Cymru and the guy in Senior Management we spoke to there certainly knew his stuff, so I suspect the Deep Purple story is apocryphal.

The Arena works as a 'venue for hire' - so the Promoter decides if they want to book the venue for their band, just like you book a hotel for your wedding reception. If a Band appears one year and then doesn't return on their next Tour, it probably means that the Promoter didn't make enough of a profit or the Band themselves simply didn't want to come back. Venue Cymru themselves don't make the decision.