Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 216560 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »
The Council always wanted their own Zoo and they decided to start it with the biggest White Elephant in the whole of Wales.   $walesflag$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2011, 05:44:12 pm »
A Promoter puts on a gig, not VC Management. They simply rent the building to said Promoter.

Yes, I believe this has been mentioned previously. However Wrex said:

I was told at the weekend the management refused to take a Deep Purple gig due to the fact they thought it would not sell,HELLO.

Perhaps this means that they refused to rent the building to the promoter?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2011, 05:46:06 pm »
If the Promoter had £5k, they would rent the Arena to him for the night.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2011, 05:47:58 pm »
I get sick of having to go to Liverpool, Manchester, Crewe & the midlands

Yes, and people who come to Llandudno from Liverpool, Manchester, Crewe & The Midlands are probably sick of travelling back to where they came from to see a decent gig, when it would be nice for them have a good time whilst on holiday.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2011, 05:50:19 pm »
So you're willing to put up the cash to stage a concert yourself, Trojan?  ;) You'll need about £25k by the time all the bills are paid and there's no guarantee you will make your money back, let alone make a profit....

Offline Trojan

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »
If the Promoter had £5k, they would rent the Arena to him for the night.

Suppose it all hinges on WHO the promoter THINKS will turn up to view the act.

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/major-band-reunion-promised-by-bored-british-promo/23560/

Quote from a "bored" promoter:

"If it is Genesis, or Slade, or Deep Purple, will people actually line-up to see them? Maybe a few hundred paunchy businessmen who want to hear “Smoke on the Water” in a live setting, but that’s about it".

Offline Trojan

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 05:57:21 pm »
So you're willing to put up the cash to stage a concert yourself, Trojan?  ;) You'll need about £25k by the time all the bills are paid and there's no guarantee you will make your money back, let alone make a profit....

Yes of course. We could have a Three Towns Forum Talent Contest, Alex Munro style.

I'm sure Paddy would love to smash-up a guitar again.  :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 06:06:10 pm »
Fester could do his Elvis impression...  $elvis$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 06:07:37 pm »
I don't do too badly with a comb and toilet paper--just the problem of getting the Bronco these days !! _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2011, 06:14:59 pm »

Yes of course. We could have a Three Towns Forum Talent Contest, Alex Munro style.

I'm sure Paddy would love to smash-up a guitar again.  :laugh:

Well there is another Royal Wedding coming up!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »

Dave R and I recently went quite a long way down this very path, and we concluded that;
1, The numbers really didn't stack up, (the risk outweighed the potential return)
2, There was too much resistance from Promoters and the Management companies of the acts that we were interested in.

It is never a good idea to persue a business venture where your 'partners' are reluctant.

In short, it was not a viable proposition, and we have turned our attention to more sensible investment opportunities.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2011, 11:36:45 pm »
Have Status Quo played their last ever show in Llandudno?

2011 will be the first ever year since 2000 that Quo haven't played at least one show in the town.
Instead they are doing 11 arena shows instead, playing the likes of Liverpool Echo and the O2, which they'll surely struggle to fill?

If they can fill these arenas though it does make good business sense as well as being an easy little tour for the band.

I've seen them at least once a year since they came in 2000 but don't think I'll be travelling to Liverpool in the middle of December. It's an extra 50 plus quid on the already expensive ticket for an evening out just before Christmas. It doesn't help they play virtually the same setlist year after year. I'd much rather pay £15  to watch an up and coming band

Mind you I'd have more chance of forming my own up and coming band that Venue Cymru booking one for me to watch!!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2011, 09:13:19 am »
Not being into live bands, I would personally take the option of putting my feet up at home and playing a few CD's.   When I see anything on TV the bands seem to be drowned out by screaming teenagers, or is that what people go to see and listen to?    _))*    :twoface:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:03 am »
Yorkie, the Illegal Eagles will be playing in Arena aka Hall on Sunday, 9 October 2011.

I would have expected those of us who grew up forty years ago with the Eagles would much prefer to sit down in theTheatre to enjoy their music.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2011, 10:05:19 am »
Brit Floyd put on a fantastic show, just the other week, they were just like Pink Floyd, highly recommended if they come again!  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas