Author Topic: Corruption - local and world-wide  (Read 9018 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Corruption - local and world-wide
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:19:54 pm »
This just proves that EVERY sport in the world is now corrupt.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12375649

The most senior Sumo Wrestlers have betrayed their honour, their religion and their traditions by (allegedly) taking money to fix matches.

The national championships have been cancelled, and the broadcasters won't touch the sport anymore...

National Disgrace.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:02:42 am by Ian »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

Re: Betting Scam
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:57 pm »
There seems to be quite a bit of corruption in the Japanese men's downhill skiing too.  :)

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
Re: Betting Scam
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:20:34 am »
As regards the cricket fixing I think that they have blown the chance to clean up the sport.  A suspension for 5 years, what a joke, it should really have been life.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Corruption - local and world-wide
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:59:44 pm »
How can any politician, no matter what colour their rosette, command any level of respect ever again when this guy.. the most genial politician I can remember, is going to PRISON. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12996049
He has stolen YOUR money, and he is just the tip of a much bigger iceberg.
They have been milking the system dry for years, and we will all be paying the price for many MORE years to come.

This week, some poor sap from the labour party, (who looked like a gay member of the McGann brothers) knocked on my door looking for my vote.
I will leave you to imagine the response he got.

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:52:12 pm »
Whilst in no way defending these ex mps I can see no point in them going to jail and us paying for their upkeep. a long community sentence would be better in addition to them returning our money, whilst he's a fat buffoon, he's clearly not a danger to society like a mugger etc
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:19 pm »
It will teach them one hell of a lesson... and I hope its not an open prison either.

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:20:05 pm »
I have to say that I was never shocked when these stories came out about mps on the fiddle, I had always assumed that they were all at it! 

Yorkie

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 08:44:17 am »
I think we should remember that corruption is not just prevalent within the Houses of Parliament but throughout society as a whole.

There is corruption in Industry, the Police, Construction, Planning in fact almost everywhere.   Even down to getting a table in a restaurant or entry into the Golf Club.

I bet a pound to a pinch of s**t that everyone of us can quote incidents that they have come across, I know I can. 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 09:12:49 am »
that's true, which is why I think prison should be reserved for those who are a danger to society IE burglars, muggers, rapists etc.   

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 08:19:10 am »
Wikileaks and Bradley Manning continue to make the news.

The US is clearly embarrassed by the leaks and needs a scapegoat. But how far should they go?

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

gwil

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:45 pm »
How can any politician, no matter what colour their rosette, command any level of respect ever again when this guy.. the most genial politician I can remember, is going to PRISON.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12996049
He has stolen YOUR money, and he is just the tip of a much bigger iceberg.

I remeber seeing Morley being interviewed on telly soon after the sad events of 1997 when they started on their course of bringing the country to it's knees. He wasn't happy with the interviwer and was scowling a making barely veiled threats in the manner of one who enjoyed a big majority. I remembered then thinking I'd like to see him get his comeuppance. Imagine my joy at seeing the thieving little s*** squealing and wailing his way towards the inevitable trial.

I'm always amused by the sneers and jibes and great efforts of the left in making moat houses and duckponds  the public face of the MP expenses scandal. Little wonder with a sizeable percentage of their MPs spending time in Her Majs lockups. Can't wait for McShane to get his due.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:22:57 am by Ian »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:01 pm »
No wonder that in recent years many politicians have been urging 'early release' and 'non-prison alternatives' for convicted offenders.

They knew that it was soon to be THEIR turn!

I'm surprised they didn't close all prisons down just before the election, and bring in legislation to give free Caribbean holidays and hefty pensions for those convicted of Fraud.

Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:14 am »
I'm always amused by the sneers and jibes and great efforts of the left in making moat houses and duckponds  the public face of the MP expenses scandal

Er...wasn't it the Telegraph that broke the story?

WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

gwil

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 12:30:21 pm »
It was indeed but I 'm refering to since it was revealed.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 01:14:31 pm »
It was indeed but I 'm refering to since it was revealed.

D)