Author Topic: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)  (Read 120645 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)
« Reply #345 on: November 11, 2021, 10:25:32 am »
A GOVERNMENT office in Llandudno Junction that has become used by fewer staff since the start of the pandemic should be turned into an entrepreneurial site, an MS has said.

Fewer than 20 of 390 staff were recorded to have worked at the £27million Welsh Government site, near Narrow Lane, on a daily basis during August and September.

The government currently advises its staff and members of the public to work from home, which Mark Drakeford said is expected to continue into early next year. However, Policy 30, of the Net-Zero Wales Carbon Budget 2, states the government has a long-term aim for around 30 per cent of Welsh workers to work remotely beyond the pandemic.

Janet Finch-Saunders, MS for Aberconwy, said that because the Junction building has received about £916,000 of maintenance work and repairs between 2017 and 2020 and more than £2.2m during its first seven years since 2010, the site should be put to use as much as possible.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19709597.ms-says-government-junction-office-become-entrepreneurial-space/

Offline Dave

« Reply #346 on: November 11, 2021, 01:22:19 pm »
A GOVERNMENT office in Llandudno Junction that has become used by fewer staff since the start of the pandemic should be turned into an entrepreneurial site, an MS has said.

Fewer than 20 of 390 staff were recorded to have worked at the £27million Welsh Government site, near Narrow Lane, on a daily basis during August and September.

The government currently advises its staff and members of the public to work from home, which Mark Drakeford said is expected to continue into early next year. However, Policy 30, of the Net-Zero Wales Carbon Budget 2, states the government has a long-term aim for around 30 per cent of Welsh workers to work remotely beyond the pandemic.

Janet Finch-Saunders, MS for Aberconwy, said that because the Junction building has received about £916,000 of maintenance work and repairs between 2017 and 2020 and more than £2.2m during its first seven years since 2010, the site should be put to use as much as possible.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19709597.ms-says-government-junction-office-become-entrepreneurial-space/

I couldn't see the point of it in the first place to be honest. There is a duplicate White Elephant not far away too.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #347 on: November 11, 2021, 01:44:50 pm »
When it was first conceived, it was supposed to house a whole department of Welsh Government moved out of Cardiff. Others were to go to places such as Aberystwyth.  However, the denizens of Cathay's Park went up in arms and none of the departments actually moved. The laudable idea was connect WG with the outer reaches of its empire.  The only places which seem to benefit to these moves are Merthyr and Pontypridd - to where Transport for Wales has now recently established itself. 

Offline Dave

« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2021, 06:35:41 pm »
When it was first conceived, it was supposed to house a whole department of Welsh Government moved out of Cardiff. Others were to go to places such as Aberystwyth.  However, the denizens of Cathay's Park went up in arms and none of the departments actually moved. The laudable idea was connect WG with the outer reaches of its empire.  The only places which seem to benefit to these moves are Merthyr and Pontypridd - to where Transport for Wales has now recently established itself.
I'm not sure how laudable the idea of creating more expense for the tax payer is to be honest. So many layers of government, so many places for them to work in and now they just want to stay at home anyway.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2021, 11:46:11 pm »
A complete and utter waste of money.
An incredible monument to waste and a lack of accountability.
People often criticise me for not voting often these days, but it’s things like this that reinforce my view that no one deserves me to walk to the end of the street and tick a box for them.
It started for me, when David Cameron vowed to get rid of Punch and Judy politics in the House of Commons.   Yes! To finally put that nonsense into the Georgian past where it belongs.
But no!   Cameron became one of the biggest ever exponents of said embarrassing lunacy.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #350 on: November 12, 2021, 08:17:26 am »
And now councillors are in line for a 17% rise, so we can expect 10%  + CT rise next year 😡

Offline Dave

« Reply #351 on: November 12, 2021, 02:54:59 pm »
And now councillors are in line for a 17% rise, so we can expect 10%  + CT rise next year 😡

You're joking! That's ridiculous, where did those figures come from?

Offline Robbie G

• Management board member
« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2021, 03:57:31 pm »
No doubt from the super efficient Welsh Assembly I should think

Offline Hugo

« Reply #353 on: November 23, 2021, 03:03:17 pm »
The reward you get for being incompetent          &shake&
Independent panel's councillor pay hike proposal branded 'obscene'
The Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (IRPW) has released its recommendation for salary payments for Conwy councillors

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/independent-panels-councillor-pay-hike-22243243

Offline Dave

« Reply #354 on: November 24, 2021, 05:13:28 pm »
Looking at the photographs of our county councillors they appear to be a decent spread of ages with only a couple of senior citizens in there. Mind you that's no bad thing in my opinion either.

I have to admit I don't understand the relationship between councillors and the various Conwy Government departments. Who is answerable to who ? Bit like the civil service and parliament where the civil service seem to pull the strings and dictate as we saw in "Yes Minister"?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #355 on: November 24, 2021, 07:36:37 pm »
Possibly some of the photos are not current Dave!  I am sure over half of them are well over 60 and at least 2 are in their 80s.

Offline Dave

« Reply #356 on: November 25, 2021, 10:28:17 am »
Possibly some of the photos are not current Dave!  I am sure over half of them are well over 60 and at least 2 are in their 80s.

Good point!
Certainly two I recognise just won't let go. One of them I'm sure has made a small fortune from politics since retiring on what I would think was a very good pension.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #357 on: November 25, 2021, 11:02:00 am »
Yes if it's the same one he has two hefty pensions besides other pensions, they talk about young blood  😅 If you fit in with the bully's and toe the line you will be ok.

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #358 on: November 25, 2021, 01:47:33 pm »
Interesting to have a look at the web site for the Independent remuneration panel.
Chair is a retired Welsh Govt mandarin whose been on the body since 2008
The other 4 members are: two regular Quango sitters; one who "leads for communications for Diverse Cymru"; and one who is "focusing on a non-executive career with organisations that have a social purpose" - this might be gobble-de-gook for a trainee Quango sitter.

None seems to have run a commercial business.

Oh, and they apparently get £198 per day.

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2021, 07:15:18 pm »
What you might call jobs for the boys Cambrian