Author Topic: Walking  (Read 842429 times)

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Walking
« Reply #1455 on: November 30, 2014, 10:31:06 pm »
We always do the walk that way but normally drop down on to the beach and visit Din Lligwy and Yr Hen Gapel but this time we left them out as we were looking forward to that meal.
I can't comment on the progress of the Lifeboat Station as we couldn't get anywhere near it to see how it was going but last time we were there we had a conducted tour of the old station which was very kind of the guy.  Couldn't see the Kiwi either as it wasn't in the bay when we passed.
I've driven to Mynydd Bodafon but never walked there although I've walked part of the way when I did the Anglesey Coastal walk some years ago.  We were talking about that on Saturday and how we crossed the wooden bridge over the river but then had to jump 6 feet to the bank as we hadn't thought about the incoming tide.    :-[

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1456 on: December 01, 2014, 09:39:05 am »
That's a lovely walk. Anglesey has so much to explore for the walker.

Offline Jack

« Reply #1457 on: December 07, 2014, 11:29:02 am »
I walked along the coastal footpath from Llanfairfechan to Aber Ogwen (Spinnies) this week; I have walked this stretch many times before and posted images elsewhere in this thread. However, as Fester was lamenting at the lack of TT Forum posts I thought I would share my brick photos from the walk  ;D ;D ;D

Online Hugo

« Reply #1458 on: December 07, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »
Good bricks from Dennis of Ruabon, you should have put them in your rucksack Jack and found a place for them in your garden.     ;D

Seriously though I sometimes collect unusual stones or shells from walks I do, but once I saw a beautiful  quartz rock that had a vein through it and stuck it in my rucksack.   It was big and heavy and I had to walk with one hand between my back and the rucksack as the rock  kept hitting my back as I was moving.  My mates must have thought I was crackers but it's in the garden now.     $good$

Offline Jack

« Reply #1459 on: December 07, 2014, 03:36:33 pm »
I have to confess I did pick up a lovely piece of slate Hugo, it seemed a good idea at the time, but by the time I got back to Llanfairfechan I was seriously regretting it!

Offline Jack

« Reply #1460 on: December 24, 2014, 04:50:49 pm »
Beautiful morning for a walk in the Gwydyr this morning. Parked just above the 'Ugly House' and followed the waymarking posts towards Capel Curig. Lovely views of Moel Siabod (picture 1) from the forestry track and then it opens up giving a panoramic view of Moel Siabod, the Snowdon horseshoe, the Glyders and the Carneddau (picture 2). Before Capel Curig the path forks and I took the path towards Crimpiau and Llyn Crafnant. There are spectacular views down the Crafnant Valley (picture 3). The path drops down towards the lake and I picked up the road towards Trefriw for a short time before a path goes off to the right to Llyn Geirionydd.  This track through the forest always reminds me of 'middle earth' rather than Wales with all the green, moss covered trees!! (picture 4). From the summit it is downhill pretty much all the way along forestry roads back to Ty Hyll. Much better than last minute Christmas shopping.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1461 on: December 24, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »
Lovely photos, Jack.  $thanx$

Online Hugo

« Reply #1462 on: December 24, 2014, 06:02:46 pm »
A nice walk Jack and some lovely photos and as you say much better than last minute Christmas shopping.   I can't do either at the moment as I'm laid up with the dreaded lurgi.
Christmas dinner will be a little later for me this year.   :(

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1463 on: December 24, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Hugo. Some nasty bugs doing the rounds right now.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1464 on: December 24, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »
Thanks Ian,  I've spoken to a few people on the phone today and it seems that a lot of others are in the same position as me.   Thank goodness it didn't happen when I was on holiday last week!

Offline hollins

« Reply #1465 on: December 24, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »
Well done Jack for getting out and about on this lovely day after the last two awful days. Love the photos especially the wiggly tree one.

Sorry you are still feeling poorly Hugo.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1466 on: December 24, 2014, 08:08:44 pm »
Thanks Ian,  I've spoken to a few people on the phone today and it seems that a lot of others are in the same position as me.   Thank goodness it didn't happen when I was on holiday last week!

Sounds as though 1/2 the town have been hit with this thing Hugo. We are both coughing fit to bust, as are a lot of people I have spoken to.
Hope you feel better soon.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Jack

« Reply #1467 on: December 24, 2014, 11:33:49 pm »
Hope your up and out walking again soon Hugo  $walesflag$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1468 on: December 29, 2014, 08:54:51 am »
We went for a walk around Llyn Crafnant yesterday morning. It was a lovely crisp Winter's day, with not a breath of wind. There was a light smattering of snow on the ground and the mist hung gently over the still waters of the lake. As we walked around, we saw a couple of the Carneddau wild ponies grazing by the lake. Magical.

Online Hugo

« Reply #1469 on: January 03, 2015, 05:27:55 pm »
That's a lovely walk. Anglesey has so much to explore for the walker.

One of the Weatherman Walking walks this week was the one in Moelfre Anglesey.   It's difficult to describe how nice a walk it is so I've posted this link which should help any one to see the real beauty of that area.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fprogrammes%2Fp02d07dh&ei=MSKoVOryGYnvaJKGgugC&usg=AFQjCNHVwjzWCLKdQ6Qh6Zatpmiiz5cqbQ