Author Topic: Walking  (Read 821969 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Walking
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2011, 07:40:44 pm »
Walk around the Orme today, weather was beautiful in town and along the main part of the Marine Drive. Got to just past the entrance to the Lighthouse and the mother of gales arrived. Had to take refuge in the Rest & Be Thankful - wind was so strong that it was practically impossible to stand up at times outside and the rain was almost horizontal. Had a pleasant coffee and teacake, and a nice chat with the man running it. Took this pic, which nowhere near illustrates how rough it was up there...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »
Hilarious!
You had to take Refuge in the R&BT?? 
As if you weren't always intending to go precisely there ... and SEE the nice man who was running it.    _))* _))* _))*

A very nice man!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2011, 08:03:46 pm »
Would you have carried on walking in that weather?  :o

Yorkie

« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2011, 08:22:15 pm »
I often go up there on a Thursday and it certainly is a very,very nice man who looks after it.   I do believe that he will soon be moving a Baby Grand Piano in there and giving Lunchtime Recitals!      ΒΆΒΆ##
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:27:07 pm by Yorkie »

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »
Went for my usual walk along the Marina in Conwy today - Weather possibly the worst it's been this year! Hailstones absolutely battering me (This was about 1.15pm) and the Marina absolutely deserted, not even anyone around the Mulberry or dog walking (people obviously have more sense than me L0L) Nice walk though, the tide was in so had a nice close up view of the water and there were even a couple of Swans messing about dipping their head in the water, Rather them than me!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2011, 09:35:54 am »
I had my shortest and quickest walk on the West Shore yesterday.   I had only gone about 200 yards when the rain,hail and the sand lashed across from Anglesey.
It was just long enough for me to get thoroughly soacked to the skin and I had to go home to get changed!    :(

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2011, 10:06:40 am »
Mrs Fester, Llinos and I went up Penmaenmawr mountain yesterday.  It wasn't hailing thankfully but the rain lashed down and it was really windy especially as we turned the corner on the Llanfair side but we persevered (quick flick of the hair) So its true then men do melt in the wind and rain?   :o  :D

Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2011, 10:30:20 am »
I'd like to see how long you lot would have persevered for if you had come to a cafe with hot coffee and toasted teacakes like I did!

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2011, 10:53:12 am »
You got me there Dave...............unfortunately if your up the quarry, your only choice is to shelter behind a rock and share a lorry drivers butties or persevere.  No contest I suppose

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2011, 03:11:34 pm »
Walk around the Orme today, weather was beautiful in town and along the main part of the Marine Drive. Got to just past the entrance to the Lighthouse and the mother of gales arrived. Had to take refuge in the Rest & Be Thankful - wind was so strong that it was practically impossible to stand up at times outside and the rain was almost horizontal. Had a pleasant coffee and teacake, and a nice chat with the man running it. Took this pic, which nowhere near illustrates how rough it was up there...

I feel dreadful now-- we drove past you after our dog walk, somewhere before the lighthouse, it was fine then, so we decided not to disturb your walk.  :(
Sorry Dave, we could have saved you a drowning, but I suppose you would have missed your refreshments. Z**
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2011, 05:17:46 pm »
Mrs Fester, Llinos and I went up Penmaenmawr mountain yesterday.  It wasn't hailing thankfully but the rain lashed down and it was really windy especially as we turned the corner on the Llanfair side but we persevered (quick flick of the hair) So its true then men do melt in the wind and rain?   :o  :D

Mrs Fester says she enjoyed the day, loved the history lesson.... and she says it was very kind of you to invite her.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: March 11, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »
I feel dreadful now-- we drove past you after our dog walk, somewhere before the lighthouse, it was fine then, so we decided not to disturb your walk.  :(
Sorry Dave, we could have saved you a drowning, but I suppose you would have missed your refreshments. Z**
Quite alright, I got to the cafe before it started raining - others walkers out on the Orme were not so lucky, with several 'drowned rats' arriving whilst I was there!  :)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #282 on: March 11, 2011, 08:39:37 pm »
Mrs Fester says she enjoyed the day, loved the history lesson.... and she says it was very kind of you to invite her.
It was a pleasure.  Caroline is ace.  We've arranged to go for a walk once a week if possible.  We had a laugh.  Or rather they did 'cos I fell in the stream twice.  If I was trying to look like the professional guide I failed miserably.  I should have taken a canoe mate  :roll:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #283 on: March 11, 2011, 09:58:59 pm »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Yorkie

« Reply #284 on: March 12, 2011, 07:42:58 am »
You really should have an "observer" in the boat as well as the driver when water skiing!     $walesflag$