Author Topic: Walking  (Read 842510 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Walking
« Reply #2415 on: February 27, 2023, 10:08:32 am »
I've not had a good start to doing walks in 2023.  Just after getting over a 6 month Achilles heel problem I ended up with a trapped nerve in my hip but then came this coughing bug which was unpleasant and just when you think it can't get any worse I tested positive for Covid  today!    So I'm isolating at the moment        :(

Hugo, Sorry to hear about you being unwell, I did send you a PM on the 25th. but I have no record of now?, best wishes for a quick recovery and hope you feel better soon.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2416 on: February 27, 2023, 11:15:32 am »
Bad luck, Steve. Really sorry to hear about the Covid.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2417 on: February 27, 2023, 12:03:09 pm »
Bad luck, Steve. Really sorry to hear about the Covid.

Ian, I am OK, it is Hugo who is having the bad luck...............

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #2418 on: February 27, 2023, 12:33:02 pm »
I'll be back Steve, asap I hope.         Thanks for all those helpful tips on the PM  Steve.       Have you got a tip for my other ailment, that's Old Age?      :(

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2419 on: February 27, 2023, 12:42:15 pm »
I'll be back Steve, asap I hope.         Thanks for all those helpful tips on the PM  Steve.       Have you got a tip for my other ailment, that's Old Age?      :(

Well done Hugo, a good positive attitude, as for old Age, still working on it , but not much success so far..........

PS Probably a daft question but, do you know how you caught Covid?

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #2420 on: February 27, 2023, 02:21:18 pm »
Sorry to hear you have caught Covid Hugo after being so careful all this time & hope you recover soon.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2421 on: February 27, 2023, 02:53:25 pm »
Thanks Meleri, we are both ok but just feeling washed out at the moment.   Thank goodness for all those injections or it could have been worse.
As you know we don't go out that often and always take care.    We think that Lynda may have caught it when she was out shopping but she does wear a mask nowadays when she shops
By coincidence a friend phoned about 3 weeks ago and told us to be careful as there was a lot of people catching Covid in Rhos on Sea but we are not sure where she caught the virus
I hope that you are both ok, stay safe and well

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2422 on: March 18, 2023, 10:08:50 am »
Llyn Ogwen parking crackdown with double yellow lines on A5 to tackle 'selfish' drivers
Welsh Government has issued an order to ban parking along a stretch of the road that gets swamped with visitors

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llyn-ogwen-parking-crackdown-double-26497855

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2423 on: March 18, 2023, 01:20:33 pm »
Those tow truck businesses should be doing a roaring trade, especially at weekends

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2424 on: March 23, 2023, 10:41:40 am »
Moel Famau car park: Cost, opening times and permits as new parking restrictions introduced
There is also an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) payment system at Coed Moel Famau (lower car park) which reads a vehicle?s number plate at the entrance barrier

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/moel-famau-car-park-cost-26531046

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2425 on: April 01, 2023, 10:14:17 am »
Seven amazing hidden gem walks in North Wales to try this Easter
Some of these amazing treks are routes you might have never heard about

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/trips-breaks/seven-amazing-hidden-gem-walks-26532873?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2426 on: April 05, 2023, 09:54:00 am »
'Pointless and nasty' parking curbs will stop poorer people enjoying Snowdonia, say critics
Double yellow lines have been painted on the A5 to make parking and transport 'more sustainable' in the national park

cont and over 50 comments https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/pointless-nasty-parking-curbs-stop-26621046?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2427 on: April 05, 2023, 02:24:46 pm »
Yesterday Tellytubby and I drove to Dolwyddelan to meet up with old Uncle Albert and while we were waiting for him we had a look around the village Church .   When he arrived it was just like old times with plenty of banter right from the start.
There are plenty of nice walks in the area but because it was nearly 4 months since our last walk we decided to have a nice easy walk  from Dolwyddelan to Pont Y Pant.   It follows the Afon Lledy downstream and along a good level path, so what could go wrong!
We took our time enjoying the views and it wasn't long before we came to the lovely slab bridge across the river, the area is prone to flooding so the bridge must have been built like that for all the flood water to go under it.
A large deserted farm building caught our eye so we couldn't resist having a nosy there.  It was a building just for animals but nothing remained inside it.    After a quick look around we headed back to the track and carried on towards Pont Y Pant and went past a quaint old cottage that had a garden full of Daffodils  It was in an ideal spot with commanding views across the river to Moel Siabod and beyond
The path then goes under a bridge and is normally dry but yesterday it was flooded so we had to find a way past it, which we did with care and carried on to Pont Y Pant railway Station where we stopped and had our refreshments.
After a while we followed the path back  but instead of going under the bridge by the boggy ground we followed a path uphill and then had to scramble over difficult terrain and ended up by the Slab Bridge which we crossed over to get to the A470 as we wanted to see the Well of St Gwyddelan again.   A short but steep path then took us up to the well where we took some photos before heading back to our cars.   It was nice seeing friends again and going out for a walk again after such a long time

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2428 on: April 05, 2023, 02:29:55 pm »
Dolwyddelan to Pont Y Pant riverside walk

Offline hollins

« Reply #2429 on: April 05, 2023, 02:33:25 pm »
Glad you are back in action again. Lovely photos.