Author Topic: Walking  (Read 615553 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Walking
« Reply #2340 on: June 13, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »
It does.
Thanks Ian, this is new to me, once the photo is enlarged, I can pick a point on the photo to zoom into.

PS I have sent you a PM

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #2341 on: June 16, 2022, 09:30:57 AM »
Yesterday, Tellytubby and I met up to do a walk in Marl Woods. It was the first time either of us had done a walk there so we were looking forward to doing it
The weather was warm and sunny so the walking shorts came out for the first time this year
The first part of the walk is a long straight and fairly level walk passing masses of Wild Garlic until we came to a well.   I've no idea of the origin of the well but it is in a very good state of repair and nearby is the start of Jacob's Ladder.   A series of steep and fairly long steps that took us through some delightful woodland until we came to an area of open ground that has panoramic views in all directions.
We spent some time there before heading up the hillside and making our way to the oberlisk where we stopped to have  our refreshments sitting in a sheltered spot at the base of the oberlisk
We then had a circular walk around the village of Bryn Pydew before returning to the woodland and descending through parts of Bodysgallen Hall and  down Jacob's Ladder and then back to the car park.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2342 on: June 16, 2022, 09:37:03 AM »
Marl Woods walk

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2343 on: June 16, 2022, 09:43:06 AM »
Marl Wood walk