Author Topic: The Great British Weather Debate  (Read 208720 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: The Great British Weather Debate
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »
As far as I know they were taken early this morning.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:28 pm »
I've just come in after visiting Asda where it is heaving and no doubt will be like that until 10pm tonight and beyond.

After the shopping, I went for a gym and swim at Llandudno Swimming Centre just after 12.30pm and it has already closed because of the weather.

No comment !!

I also went into Craig-y-Don after to check the office and I could not believe the roads still haven't been cleared/gritted along Mostyn Avenue and Queens Road since it first snowed last Friday afternoon.

The shop keepers cannot be very happy.

I suppose if they don't clear the road then Arriva will not be sending a Number 12 bus through to Llandudno from Rhyl for a while.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:12:07 pm by Bri Roberts »

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2010, 01:14:09 pm »
Problems?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 01:33:27 pm »
Just been having a coffee in Ninos in Rhos. The roads around there are melting quite well, all the pavements in Rhos have been gritted using some sort of small machine - good to see CCBC putting a bit of effort into the job at last. The No. 12 buses have just started to run again, I saw 5 of them all heading towards Llandudno!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 02:39:30 pm »
That's a lovely photo of Frizzy Nemesis, I bet he's enjoying himself in the snow.   

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 03:14:39 pm »
Thanks Hugo-- Yes he is, but keeps disappearing under it!. Good thing is it tires him out, so he sleeps then I can get some jobs done .

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2010, 03:19:18 pm »
DaveR, I don't think the Number 12's will be coming through C-y-D just yet.

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=11548

BTW, DaveR (and other keen photographers), I have attended a funeral at the Crematorium this afternoon and I thought the journey from Black Cat Roundabout to and from Dolwyd was exceptionally picturesque with all the snow on the trees.

Your cameras will love that view if you manage to travel that way soon.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 05:39:11 pm »
This is a good site I've been checking the past few days, there's also a link where you type in a road number and get an update on conditions, just scroll downhttp://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=LL15%201XY

Offline Hugo

« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2010, 06:53:28 pm »
There was a photo of the car accident in the NWWN that crashed into the house in Ty Gwyn Road.  It was rather ironic as the driver was taking her sick child to hospital on Tuesday evening.The house owner had to be evacuated for his own safety because of fears a wall might collapse.
The condition of the road at the time looked awful
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:55:25 pm by Hugo »

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2010, 07:54:50 pm »
The house looks more than awful. Its in danger of falling apart. One wall has a 2 inch gap all the way up where from the outside if you walk past you can see the wallpaper on the inside wall. If that's not bad enough the 5 way Traffic lights since last Friday's crash are so far out of synch that some  people are going across on a red light rather than being a sitting duck when something comes down the hill and can't stop. I've rung the Council 3 times today to report the issue but they take my calls and appear to do sweet **** about it and say they are waiting for a contractor to turn up the remedy the problem. It's been relatively mild today but if it freezes then the house on the corner could have some more uninvited residents to contend with.If our local police contact is noting this then a quick word in the ear of the council wouldn't go amiss.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2010, 10:46:48 pm »
Like you've mentioned before Medz, this is not the 1st time that a car had hit that house but this year the weather has been worse than normal.
If CCBC don't act immediately something more serious could happen.  Have you tried e-mailing PC Smith, perhaps he can give the CCBC a kick in the pants to get this sorted out.
I believe that the Police warned the CCBC when there was black ice on the road between Abergele and Rhuddlan but nothing was done about it and as a result a car lost control on the ice and skidded into a group of cyclists killing four of them. No one wants that repeating on the Orme or anywhere else.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2010, 09:57:20 am »
We were actually on that road the day of that terrible accident and were diverted off as it had just happened. The road conditions were appalling, black ice and freezing fog,

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2010, 11:22:28 am »
Horrible multi-car accident on the eastbound A55 by Abergele. One of the cars involved is an ambulance. I think it was caused by drivers having the sun shine in their eyes s the A55 turns towards it. Wet/shiny roads, dirty windscreens and sun low in the sky combined to completely blind drivers. I think people just plowed into each other. Saw lots of ambulances on the scene so it doesn't look good for some :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2010, 12:12:32 pm »
Horrible multi-car accident on the eastbound A55 by Abergele. One of the cars involved is an ambulance. I think it was caused by drivers having the sun shine in their eyes s the A55 turns towards it. Wet/shiny roads, dirty windscreens and sun low in the sky combined to completely blind drivers. I think people just plowed into each other. Saw lots of ambulances on the scene so it doesn't look good for some :(
Sad news  :(