Author Topic: Help wanted: Computers  (Read 179135 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Help wanted: Computers
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2012, 11:09:21 am »
fair enough, but looking at Rightmove, if you want to see the Streetview link you can't see it and no alternative is offered (you can go to maps and see it though)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Jack

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:28 pm »
My laptop no longer allows me to login and access the forum, I can read all the posts etc, but when I log in i'm told that the password isn't valid and to try again.  I do this a couple of times and it prompts me to type in my email address in order for the password to be sent to that, however when you do this it says the session has timed out and to try again later.
I know the password and username are both correct as I can use another computer and log in successfully (hence I'm able to write this plea for help!!).  I have deleted all cookies, passwords, temp internet folders etc and that hasn't helped.
I am running XP and Mozilla.
Many thanks in advance.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2012, 01:33:35 pm »
No simple answers on that one, Jack! It could be that something, somewhere is corrupted.

You could always try downloading a different browser like Chrome and using that for the Forum?

http://www.google.co.uk/chrome

Offline Jack

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2012, 01:37:00 pm »
Thanks Dave, I will try that later. 
If I have to would it be ok to register a new username and for yourself or Ian to remove this one as I would have two usernames from one email address-  is that against forum rules?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2012, 02:24:34 pm »
Thanks Dave, I will try that later. 
If I have to would it be ok to register a new username and for yourself or Ian to remove this one as I would have two usernames from one email address-  is that against forum rules?
Opening a new account probably wouldn't make any difference to the problem, as your existing one works ok on another computer. But, if you have to, we'll sort it out, just PM me to let me know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:15 pm »
I am running XP and Mozilla.

Are you by any chance logged into another web site at the same time as you are trying to get into the Forum?  I have had problems with such a situation in the past when using Mozilla Firefox.   Close the other web site and try again. 
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Jack

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2012, 05:35:03 pm »
Many thanks Dave, problem solved, I can log in to the forum with chrome but for some reason not firefox.   $thanx$

Yorkie, thanks for the suggestion, I didn't have any other sites open at the same time.  Very strange how one day it just wouldn't let me log on.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2012, 10:58:29 am »
At the end of this month, I shall need to make several amendments to my business website but the company who set it up for me are no longer trading.

Can someone please recommend a local who can take care of my requirements for me?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »
If the changes are simple and you have details of server ftp info, username/password etc, then I can do it.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2012, 01:50:29 pm »
Thank you, DaveR. $thanx$

However, I must insist on paying you for your professional services.

I will definitely locate the required info and get back to you towards the end of the month.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2012, 02:26:31 pm »
Perhaps you could make a small donation to the RNLI Llandudno Branch in lieu of paying me?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2012, 02:49:19 pm »
or to the Three Towns Forum?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:55 am »
Is anyone having any problems with Internet Explorer at the moment?

I have an ap on Facebook that refuses to completely load but which loads and operates on Firefox and Safari without any problem at all.   I do not seem to have any other issues with Explorer apart from this isolated (?) case.    >>>

Until yesterday the ap operated on Explorer without problems and I have tweeked every knob and whistle but without managing to solve the matter.    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2012, 09:32:19 am »
On my ancient pc IE has not worked for over a week, Firefox is fine. I put it down to having far too many photos on there!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2012, 02:50:01 pm »
I've got a problem. It's to do with the original model iPad I bought in the autumn, perhaps DaveR might care to make a note because I know he has just got one.
  So I had a nice new bit of "must have" tech. So I made a New Year resolution, no more scraps of paper, all my passwords, phone numbers, addresses will go straight on to the "notes" app and be kept nice and tidy. As at yesterday I had around 25 entries, lovely.
Went this morning to get a phone number. With the exception of my very first page I made around last November, everything else had vanished, presumably deleted.
I tried a sync with the mother computer, no luck.
So, what the h--- has happened? There is. A delete button, but I suppose you would have to press it 20 times to delete 20 pages. And in any case, why is the original one still there?
Anyone got any ideas? I've tried reading up on iPad for dummies etc etc but no joy.   Mike