Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 163727 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Niggles
« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2012, 06:11:38 am »
It sounds like the driver had possibly got a bit ahead of himself and 'cashed up' most of his money if it was the last bus and he was at the end of his shift. It's done to save himself some time but you run the risk of getting caught out if someone gets on with a high denomination note, I got caught out on a few occasions in my time driving buses but at the end of the day it's the driver in the wrong not you & what I tended to do was have a bit of a moan but then give them a freebie, especially if it was a quiet route like yours as the last bus rarely carried anyone.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2012, 09:43:07 am »
Someone tell me where I am in the wrong on this matter...

I got home, but I could not understand why this guy was so against changing my £10 note....

The simple answer, Fester, is this.  You should not be so rich, and certainly should not be let out alone and unprotected with such a large denomination note at that time of night!   _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2012, 11:12:14 am »
Ha ha, SDQ and Yorkie... thanks for that.... it tickled me.

SDQ, Freebies are not something I am accustomed to, especially when I'm in the pub with Dave R....  Z**
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #588 on: October 24, 2012, 11:18:13 am »
SDQ, Freebies are not something I am accustomed to, especially when I'm in the pub with Dave R....  Z**
I think you'll find I offered to buy you a beer last night, using my ill gotten gains from Caffe Nero ( found a £20 note on the chair).

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #589 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »
I lost £20 in there! I was on a chair too, must be mine! Amazing that you found it after about 8 months since I last went in!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #590 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:04 pm »
I lost £20 in there! I was on a chair too, must be mine! Amazing that you found it after about 8 months since I last went in!  :laugh:
Let me know the serial number and I'll be happy to return it.  :laugh:

Offline Tosh

« Reply #591 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:19 pm »
He doesn't know the serial number, just that it had the Queen's picture on it, will that do?
If this works Merddin Emrys we'll go halves.
ps, it was a sort of blueish colour too.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #592 on: October 24, 2012, 04:15:53 pm »
The serial number is the same on all of my twenties,  the next batch will be better  $good$
Tosh, picture of the Queen, that's the one  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #593 on: October 30, 2012, 09:09:22 am »
Here I go again!
I arrived to do my stint at the Charity Shop yesterday to find the deputy manageress quite upset.
She is very talented with her window displays and had done two wonderful windows on a theme of Halloween, only to have a man come in and rant and rave at her about it being a pagan festival and she shouldn't celebrate such a thing.
All afternoon, we were very busy and people kept popping in just to say how good they thought the windows were. We sold lots of children's fancy dress which she had been hoarding away ready for the occasion ( she does this for all the seasons with rabbit ears for Easter, Santa hats for Christmas etc), and many who popped in put donations in the collecting box.
Now to me it is more important to raise money for terminally ill kiddies than to go into a shop and upset people with personal preferences.
I'm now waiting for when the Santa hats appear to see if there is any reaction to them !!! $angry$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #594 on: October 30, 2012, 09:32:00 am »
Nemesis, you are lucky that you only get idiots like that every so often.

I seem to get them every day.  In the summertime I get them multiple times a day.
I try to be courteous, but I am getting less tolerant with them as each day passes.

Quite often I think that the conversations I find myself in with 'certain' visitors would be more at home in the film 'One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest'

In regard to your Halloween complainant, it makes me wonder how empty his life must be to take time to come in and make that point.  Will he be going around every shop / pub/ cafe in town making these statements?  Does he think he can make a difference?
I wish him good luck in some of the rougher pubs, or Asda.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #595 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:43 am »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #596 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:19 am »
I try to be courteous
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Ha ha.... OK Dave, fair enough.... I used to try and be courteous.  :laugh:
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #597 on: October 30, 2012, 10:50:57 am »
I can see exactly where you are coming from there Fester. Had the bloke in question been in MY house or business I should have told him in no uncertain terms where to shove a pumpkin :o, but working for a charity makes a slight difference. It isn't only Halloween, people think that because it is a charity shop they can make rude remarks about goods/ prices and also let their children run riot, spilling pop, sweets and even a tub of bubbles on the floor without any apology !
I might be smiling on the outside, but if they knew what I was thinking----------------
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #598 on: October 30, 2012, 11:47:14 am »
Dealing with the public is hard work Fester. Late last Saturday a man shouted to me from the public footpath "are you open tomorrow?" He didn't look remotely like a potential golfer, but, and bearing in mind the terrible weather forcast for Sunday, I answered through gritted teeth "yes" HIS REPLY "in the evening?" My reply, bearing in mind the clocks were going back "you fancy playing in the dark in pouring rain and a gale." It's not often I say what I think.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #599 on: October 30, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »
We have just come home from a shopping trip to ALDI in Llandudno.   I get very annoyed with the cashiers as they seem to trying to break a World record with how many items they can get through the till in a given time.  The result, as I'm sure everyone knows, is that everything piles up on the minute counter space and even on the floor.   You can be the fastest trolley loader in the Universe but these cashiers can beat you hands down!
I ask them to slow down and give  me a chance but I may as well be talking to a brick wall, whilst the cashier in question, remains with her sullen face and still cognisant of the training she had from the Gestapo in the homeland of the Company.

The trouble is I like a lot of the products and also some of the prices.   I do wish the staff could be a happier group and be a bit more considerate of their customers.
 $angry2$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero