Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 329678 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2014, 01:38:03 pm »
Hi Hugo,  I don't think being cynical is a problem, what you say is fact, that's the problem.
I like "character", even when I was younger, I remember being  annoyed when  the chemist on Rhos rd. changed to glass and aluminium, and the ultra modern houses were built on the front by Aberhod.
I think we need some older heads in the planning dept. the whole area has a Victorian/ old fashioned seaside resort feel, which I think draws the visitors, I am not stuck in the past, change is necessary but, needs done sympathetically.

And don't get me started on shop signs..... $angry$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2014, 05:30:52 pm »

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
    If this did come about ---- would that mean that all the sea defence work in Colwyn Bay/Towyn/Kinmel Bay was unnecessary?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2014, 10:45:13 pm »
    If this did come about ---- would that mean that all the sea defence work in Colwyn Bay/Towyn/Kinmel Bay was unnecessary?

No Mike, but it certainly means that the WIND FARM WAS !!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #349 on: September 12, 2014, 08:49:11 am »
I doubt anything will come of it - certainly in the short to medium term, but it would be a wonderful opportunity, especially if the actual breakwater were constructed with tourism in mind.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2014, 10:54:15 am »
Ref Live Blog Daily Post

LAGOON: There was a meeting last night about an idea for a lagoon off Colwyn Bay. Early days but we'll watch this space.
Ref David Jones.
V good first meeting in St Paul's church to discuss #ColwynBay tidal lagoon. Lots of potential but lots of good questions. More to come.
9:23 PM - 22 Sep 2014

Online Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50:13 pm »
I've just passed a two car pile up on the Promenade by the Aberhod turning,   Police were on the scene and both cars look like economical write offs.
No Ambulances there so I hope that no one is seriously hurt by the crash

Offline SteveH

« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2014, 03:53:31 pm »
Ref. Daily post...and Hugo
CAR SMASH: Nobody was reported injured after two cars smashed on the promenade at Rhos on Sea by the Aberhod turning. Police were on the scene. It happened at 12.07pm. The cars have now been recovered.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #353 on: September 25, 2014, 04:03:03 pm »
Ref Live Blog Daily Post
LAGOON: There was a meeting last night about an idea for a lagoon off Colwyn Bay. Early days but we'll watch this space.
Ref David Jones.
V good first meeting in St Paul's church to discuss #ColwynBay tidal lagoon. Lots of potential but lots of good questions. More to come.
9:23 PM - 22 Sep 2014
Ref. BMD...Colwyn
David Jones MP says: "I'm told a certain cabinet member on @ConwyCBC directed councillors not to attend the #ColwynBay tidal lagoon meeting. Hope that's untrue." And: "If @ConwyCBC can't see the potential benefits of the #ColwynBay tidal lagoon, it's a very sad day."

Offline Dave

« Reply #354 on: September 25, 2014, 09:18:34 pm »
Plans for eco friendly schemes are being dropped left right and centre at the moment. I can see this one being dropped too.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #355 on: September 25, 2014, 09:33:17 pm »
Plans for eco friendly schemes are being dropped left right and centre at the moment. I can see this one being dropped too.

I believe the company has 5 sites in the pipeline .

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:14 pm »
 IN THE PIPELINE. What pipeline is that?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2014, 11:46:37 pm »
IN THE PIPELINE. What pipeline is that?

"Developers to discuss TIDAL LAGOON from Rhos point to Rhyl"....

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/138032/developers-to-discuss-large-scale-tidal-lagoon-from-colwyn-bay-to-rhyl.aspx

Mr Jenkins added: “We remain very encouraged by the enthusiastic support shown to date by local people and very much hope that this will be one of the five full-scale tidal lagoons that we go on to develop after Swansea Bay.”

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2014, 08:36:44 am »

Sadly, that's true.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2014, 02:13:37 pm »
Rhos-on-Sea teddy bears have the Xtra Factor

An award-winning teddy bear company has proved it has the X-factor after supplying cuddly co-stars for the popular talent show and a top TV soap.
The producers of Xtra Factor approached Rhos-on-Sea based Be My Bear to supply the ITV show’s finalists with one of their bespoke bears as a gift to welcome them to the judges’ houses.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/rhos-on-sea-teddy-bears-xtra-factor-7933241      $good$ $walesflag$