Author Topic: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy  (Read 128756 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2013, 10:36:02 am »
Nice House in Trefriw and I must have been passed it a few times on my walks in that area.

Although I can't see the details on here that's the one I found on the 1891  England Census

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »
Not the same one he was born in Cheshire :(
were did W.B go in 1891 been looking for days now lol
O and nights lol
looks a lovely house wish I could join the dots
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2013, 06:50:47 pm »
Just recheck on William Bell as in those days they sometimes entered Parishes instead of towns.  Where do you think he was born?

Sorry Anneelaine I have made a  $booboo$     I can see from an earlier page that he was born in Bangor Caernarfonshire   I'll try again and will double check every thing.  He must be on it somewhere.

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49:49 am »
 $hands$ I will  give it ago again to night thanks Hugo
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »
Any luck Anneelaine? 

William wasn't in the 1891 Wales Census and I couldn't find him in the England Census either when I tried this morning.         &shake&

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:05 pm »
Mmmm cannot think were he would be
 he's got to be some were or maybe not been put on it did not think you could do that ?{}?
Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2013, 04:16:03 pm »
Hugo I been looking most off the night no luck were has he gone
 *&( Good job I cannot sleep will try again tonight
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »
I had an e-mail from my friend in Llandudno Junction and he confirmed what we already knew about the Location of Pensarn Farm.   The farm was on the site of where Jewsons is now and next to it is scrub land which was part of the farm too but I couldn't see any ruins there today although there is a drop down kerb there that serves no apparent purpose now.
He also confirmed that the building described by Cambrian is the one he meant and my other friend from the Junction remembered the large staircase there and painting it too.  So perhaps this is the large white house you have described.   It was about 150 yards away from the farm and nearer Llandudno Junction.  Sadly both buildings are no longer there.

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2013, 03:25:53 am »
 :D Thanks for that Hugo
\I know were to take a look  when we go in a few weeks
is there anyway I could find out who was the last one to have the farm
Do your friends know who lived in the house when painting it? how long  has it been pulled down   :(
I would love to know were the farm was were we went as a child will never know I think now ΒΆΒΆ##
As we know I think now the house and the farm could belong to the Davies
 $thanx$ Hugo
anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »
You've got a lot of questions there Anneelaine and I don't know if you'll find all the answers you are looking for.

In the Conwy Archives they may have some info which can tell you know who was the last one to have the farm ( rate books, electoral registers etc) but you'd need to ask them and it may take some time.
According to my friends they said that the house was owned by Martin Stewart and the house was demolished when he built his business Richard Williams Builders Ltd on that site.  In actual fact Martin has another Builders merchants under the same name on part of the site of Pensarn Farm.   Jewsons and another building firm are in fact all on the site of the old farm
If you have a photo of the farm, the old tree or anything else when you were at the other place it may help to identify it.   The Davies family had other farms in the area as well as Marl Farm so it could be one of those

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »
Thanks Hugo
Will take a look a round Conwy Archives the  but I will phone them first
Just one more thing about the house may sound daft, But did they have a grand piano
 My Aunt would go on about this
 maybe the painter would know could you fined out if it did please
If so I would think it is  the right house .
 $thanx$
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2013, 11:07:56 pm »
I'll e-mail my friend and ask him about the piano or otherwise go down to the club to see the the one who painted the place all in the line of research though.       Z**

Just try and have a think about where you stayed on that day in 1967/8. Was it a long way up a steep hill or not? 

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2013, 06:13:16 am »
Hi Hugo Pensarn farm must have been the bottom farm so I will have to try and find the top farm some how  (*)
Yes the farm was a good walk
 My sister  said the same we think we must have walked for a few miles and it was a bit of a steep hill long lane
 Do you know we still do not know how we got back to the train
I need to buy a slide thing did not know what they are called lol to put slides into it to see the photo's my dad took
in the 60/70s I can see the 2 photo at the farm in my mind but I think one just me and a tree and the other just me and sheep lol
going to try my Aunt again maybe just ask one thing at a time
 $thanx$ Hugo  O Yes Hugo in line of  research  Z**
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2013, 10:26:33 am »
I've sent an e-mail off to my friend regarding the white house and am awaiting a reply but I've just read a bit about the house and it says that it had a croquet lawns and tennis courts.
Does your Aunt remember whether the white house had these features?

The reason I asked you about the steep hill was because my friend mentioned two other farms in the area (apart from Marl Farm) that the Davies family owned.   Both are a long way uphill from where Pensarn was and are in or near the village of Bryn Pydew.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »
Anneelaine,  I was in the Archives today and had a look at the burial index for St Agnes Church Conwy.   Unfortunately I could see no entry for any Rogerson.
The Archives lists the names of people that have inscriptions on their headstones but Jane could still have been buried there.

Perhaps she remarried and is buried in her new name?