Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561374 times)

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1560 on: January 24, 2015, 06:43:40 pm »
Wrong button (as the actress said... BUT! From the one who opened Llandudno's first Jazz Club in the 1950s (Blue Notes Jazz Club, Payne's Corner House) - it's taken nigh on 60 years BUT - BUT - BUT, WONDERFUL, TERRIFIC!!! ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
Micox

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1561 on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:16 am »
Not sure which thread to put this in but here's a true tale of what happened yesterday.

Our daughter is diabetic and therefore has to visit the podiatrist regularly. Yesterday it was a different bloke ( This is via the NHS). She mentioned that she had a small hard patch under her foot which he diagnosed as a verruca. He then proceeded to tell her to rub it with a piece of room temperature, raw, bacon, then bury the bacon in the garden ! She stared at him, laughed, and said 'You are kidding'. He wasn't........... we are beginning to think that the NHS is employing witch doctors.  I have actually heard of this remedy, it goes in the same 'file' as bathing chilblains in urine, but to be told same in an NHS clinic. :o She has to go back to him in 7 weeks, so I will try and remember to tell you the results !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1562 on: February 07, 2015, 10:21:52 am »
Sure it wasn't the caretaker in costume?  _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1563 on: February 07, 2015, 11:19:21 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31176748

Same person who thought of this one !

She is now suffering the Rasher and Streaky jokes !

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1564 on: February 07, 2015, 12:43:38 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1565 on: February 08, 2015, 08:28:14 pm »
Not sure which thread to put this in but here's a true tale of what happened yesterday.

Our daughter is diabetic and therefore has to visit the podiatrist regularly. Yesterday it was a different bloke ( This is via the NHS). She mentioned that she had a small hard patch under her foot which he diagnosed as a verruca. He then proceeded to tell her to rub it with a piece of room temperature, raw, bacon, then bury the bacon in the garden ! She stared at him, laughed, and said 'You are kidding'. He wasn't........... we are beginning to think that the NHS is employing witch doctors.  I have actually heard of this remedy, it goes in the same 'file' as bathing chilblains in urine, but to be told same in an NHS clinic. :o She has to go back to him in 7 weeks, so I will try and remember to tell you the results !

.... and people laugh at the stuff I sell !!!    Nemesis, I don't know whether to laugh or cry,  :laugh: bawling.gif

Is she supposed to dig the bacon up again?  .... and take it back with her in 7 weeks?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1566 on: February 09, 2015, 08:48:12 am »
Now there's a point ! I must ask her, but the verruca isn't supposed to go until the bacon has decomposed. My thoughts are to do with the fact that she has a large dog ! What happens if the dog digs up the bacon and eats it? I don't actually think she will have done the deed yet as she is now streaming with cold. Perhaps the podiatrist got his spells wrong and passed that on to her instead ! :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1567 on: February 09, 2015, 11:15:53 pm »
..... and will the remedy not work if you don't HAVE a garden to bury the bacon in?

Those who live in flats or apartments must, (I assume) rely on conventional medicine ?
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1568 on: February 10, 2015, 06:56:07 am »
Of course not, F; they have window boxes, don't they?

;D ;D ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1569 on: February 10, 2015, 08:24:29 am »
The original and well known Bacon burial site is at Trinity College, Camebridge.  First opened in 1626.

ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1570 on: February 10, 2015, 09:18:40 am »
Of course not, F; they have window boxes, don't they?

;D ;D ;D

_))* _))* _))* I wonder if this pod.bod. realises what a stir he has caused?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1571 on: February 10, 2015, 11:59:36 am »
I am more concerned with whether the General Medical Council are aware of this kind of voodoo medicine being dispensed under their jurisdiction.

Anyway Nem, a Verruca is a fungal stalk, embedded in a pore..... tell her to buy a little bottle of Tea Tree Oil, pop a few drops on after her bath, and that will kill it off.
There, real Snake Oil medicine in action!
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1572 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:33 pm »
Thanks for that I have just told her.

He Dad went nuts ,said he needed reporting !

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1573 on: February 11, 2015, 08:39:17 am »
I am more concerned with whether the General Medical Council are aware of this kind of voodoo medicine being dispensed under their jurisdiction.

They don't regulate Podiatrists, AFAIK. Thinking about it I find it impossible to believe he was serious. He may have possessed an extremely sardonic sense of humour, however...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1574 on: February 11, 2015, 09:53:05 am »
... tell her to buy a little bottle of Tea Tree Oil, pop a few drops on after her bath, and that will kill it off.
There, real Snake Oil medicine in action!

And it is probably cheaper tham Bacon, and totally Kosher.   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero