Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561655 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1530 on: October 11, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »
They seem to be able to conjure up food out of almost anything these days!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1531 on: October 20, 2014, 08:00:28 pm »
Should be some fireworks at least..... ££$

Britain’s Got Talent is heading to Bangor for the first time. The auditions will be held at The Greek Tavern on Wednesday, November 5.The show is open to any performer of any age, from any background, with any talent. All they need is a skill and star quality which they think will impress.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1532 on: October 21, 2014, 08:36:28 am »
I seem to remember one of the local buskers entered some such thing last year ( or possibly the year before) and was busy telling everyone.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Dave

« Reply #1533 on: January 03, 2015, 10:32:50 am »
Driving home in Llandudno at 1.00am this morning I was routinely stopped and breathalysed. I don't have a problem with that, good to know that you are being protected from drunk drivers.
Happy New Year everyone !

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1534 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46:41 pm »
Driving home in Llandudno at 1.00am this morning I was routinely stopped and breathalysed. I don't have a problem with that, good to know that you are being protected from drunk drivers.
Happy New Year everyone !

What was the result?   ZXZ ZXZ
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Dave

« Reply #1535 on: January 04, 2015, 10:32:03 pm »
 D) D) D) I don't drink and drive ! ;) ;) ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1536 on: January 05, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »
Llandudno Lifeboat reports on the 31st December...

"We were paged at 0234 this morning to reports of a male in the water on the North Shore. On our arrival the Ambulance Crew were bringing the Male up the beach towards the ambulance.

After becoming a little aggressive with the ambulance crew he then went back down the beach towards the sea and Police assistance was requested. Llandudno Lifeboat Crew Launched in case he decided to walk into the sea while a team member kitted up in our Water rescue gear ready to commence a snatch rescue if he were to walk in.

The Ambulance crew once again managed to persuade him to come back up the beach where he was met by the police and subsequently arrested.

We returned to station by 0330"

:-X

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1537 on: January 05, 2015, 10:55:25 pm »
We have other threads, more appropriate perhaps......   'Outrageous Behaviour'    'Scum?'
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1538 on: January 07, 2015, 08:43:13 am »
Good to see another major event coming to Llandudno this Summer:
http://www.jazzjournal.co.uk/jazz-latest-news/837/first-ever-llandudno-jazz-festival

The inaugural jazz festival at the Welsh seaside town in July boasts headliners Darius Brubeck, Anita Wardell and Clark Tracey

The first annual Llandudno Jazz Festival arrives at the coastal town in July, hoping to follow in the footsteps of its parent festival, Titley (which won’t be running in 2015). Taking place on the same weekend Titley usually occupies, 24 to 26 July 2015, the festival will be held in Bodafon Fields overlooking Llandudno Bay.

Darius Brubeck, Anita Wardell, Don Weller, Alan Barnes, Clark Tracey (pictured), Art Themen and many more are booked to attend, with performances taking place either at the marquee at Bodafon Fields or Tiffany Café and Bar in Llandudno town centre.

The Darius Brubeck Quartet get proceedings started on Friday 24 July at 1pm, followed by the Peter King Quartet, Jim Mullen Trio, The Jazz Worriers, and the Clark Tracey Quintet with the Barnes/Adams Quintet closing the first day at 10pm.

Saturday begins with a tribute to Cannonball Adderley by Chris Gumbley at 12pm, followed by Shades of Shearing, Art Themen, the Don Weller Quartet, Top Brass and the Festival Octet.

Sunday’s festivities open with the David Newton Trio’s ‘Music From The Movies’ at 12pm, followed by Neil Yates, Denys Baptiste, Mark Nightingale, and Anita Wardell, with the Festival Big Band featuring Clark Tracey closing the weekend at 10pm.

Camping will be available for caravans, campervans and tents at Bodafon Fields and festival t-shirts bearing the festival logo will soon be available to buy online. Tickets are from £45 to £63 for a day pass, or £120 for a weekend pass. You can find out more and book online at llandudnojazzfestival.com.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1539 on: January 08, 2015, 12:09:54 pm »
The Weekly News is now £1.05 per copy !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1540 on: January 08, 2015, 05:06:39 pm »
Yes I noticed that today ,have bought it for the last 48yrs  not anymore .

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1541 on: January 08, 2015, 06:37:52 pm »
Who would have imagined that one day the Weekly News would be more expensive than petrol  :o.  It's become a complete waste of money, not least considering that most of the stories appear in the Pioneer which is not only free but delivered a day or two before the NWWN is published.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #1542 on: January 08, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »
And anything of note is on here first anyway!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1543 on: January 08, 2015, 11:18:00 pm »
If the Pioneer can do it for free based on it's advertising then why does the NWWN not increase it's advertising and reduce the price?

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1544 on: January 09, 2015, 08:24:28 am »
The print media are in a truly parlous state.  Fewer and fewer are buying papers, often because they can get it all online for free - although that could change. But local papers around the UK are struggling.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.