Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250994 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #795 on: July 25, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »
 I've never ever heard or read this word "eviscerating".  And I reckon I'm pretty good {modestly} with the English language. Never mind, I don't think I want to know what it means---sounds nasty

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #796 on: July 25, 2013, 10:19:45 pm »
 :o Thank goodness that we are vegetarians!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #797 on: July 26, 2013, 12:12:26 am »
I think it means 'pulling the guts out' Mike.

Now, Campylobacta is prevalent in all meats, and all other fresh foodstuffs, (Even salads and veggies Merddin),  But as you say Dave, it is a particular problem if chicken is not cooked properly.

This bacteria is always on my mind when I hear people asking for their Steak to be cooked, medium or even rare!  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #798 on: July 26, 2013, 06:49:43 am »
This bacteria is always on my mind when I hear people asking for their Steak to be cooked, medium or even rare!  &shake&

Yes - I'd always wondered about that, and there is a real risk, apparently, although it's not actually caused by the cooking - only by using the implements to turn the steak without sterilising them between turning...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #799 on: July 26, 2013, 05:07:19 pm »
I once succumbed to 'campylobacter', and I don't recommend it.  I was sick for over a week and lost over a stone in weight, on occasion I was on the toilet with diarrhoea and vomiting into the bath at the same time. every time I had a drink it went through me in about 10 mins. Towards the end of the week I started feeling a little better so tried beans on toast to satisfy my hunger, apparently it was one of the worst things to eat as the 'bugs' loved it and I was back to square one.   :(
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #800 on: July 26, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »
Same here-- the pain lasts for a very long time after the other symptoms have cleared.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #801 on: July 27, 2013, 12:07:17 am »
I thought it was a great idea to have a prawn curry on my first night on business, .......in Bangladesh.

It was a very bad idea, and I spent every day of the next 7 days in my hotel room, basically hoping to die.

Like Quiggs said, I was in fact a human liquidiser for that entire time.   $fan$

Apologies for the gratuitous use of the smiley.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #802 on: July 27, 2013, 06:50:34 pm »
Traffic Officers. We see them patrolling on the A55 quite often but I've never really seen them actually doing anything much.

Today, though, was different. I was out for a walk in Colwyn Bay when a there was a crash on the A55 (I was in Eirias Park and could see it all). A car had pulled out in front of a lorry on the bridge over the Old Colwyn turnoff and traffic was at a complete standstill. Police arrived quickly and were dealing with the accident itself but the traffic jam was building up rapidly though Colwyn Bay. The Traffic Officers turned up shortly after the Police and I was impressed by the way they quickly re-routed the traffic down the slip road and back up the other slip road as a temporary measure to keep the traffic moving. They then set up a row of cones and signs around the accident scene, enabling one lane of the A55 to re-open. All this was done in less than 10 mins. Well done, lads!

http://www.northwales-tra.gov.uk/index.php?id=450&L=0

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #803 on: August 02, 2013, 12:31:37 am »
It is with a great deal of relief, that I can now proudly announced that I have just CAUGHT the giant spider.

He wasn't as tough as he made out, they never are.  $good$
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #804 on: August 02, 2013, 10:33:46 am »
It is with a great deal of relief, that I can now proudly announced that I have just CAUGHT the giant spider.

He wasn't as tough as he made out, they never are.  $good$

And, I bet you pulled off the poor little blighter's legs, one by one!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #805 on: August 03, 2013, 12:16:59 am »
No, I hate spiders, but I am not that vindictive. 

The spider eventually listened to reason.
Basically, he came waltzing past me whilst I was on this forum, and he thought I wouldn't notice... but he was a good few feet out of his comfort zone.
So, like a flash I grabbed the spider catching machine, and he went berserk running everywhere to avoid it.
So I said to him, its either this, or this SLIPPER!
He basically stayed still, shrugged his hairy little shoulders and knew that his little game was up.

I bobbed the little door shut, went outside.... and emptied him into the neighbour's hedge.

The spider, (I shall call him Steve),  knows full well that THE SLIPPER awaits, should he return.

Fester...

Offline Trojan

« Reply #806 on: August 03, 2013, 12:29:43 am »
Should have killed it. Spiders are like homing pigeons.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #807 on: August 03, 2013, 08:05:05 am »
The spider eventually listened to reason. Basically, he came waltzing past me whilst I was on this forum, and he thought I wouldn't notice... but he was a good few feet out of his comfort zone.

Meanwhile, the tiny nest of voracious midges which she was hoping to have for lunch are even now happily hatching and will soon be plaguing the the hapless fester, who will shortly be posting queries along the lines of  'Where have these lumps come from and why do they itch so much?". 

:'(
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #808 on: August 04, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »
Trojan is right they usually take about fifteen to twenty minutes to find there way back in, then they are twice as hard to catch, have fun fes.

Offline Linda

« Reply #809 on: August 04, 2013, 11:24:50 pm »
Its funny Spiders downstairs doesnt bother me one bit, but in the bedrooms and bathroom i hate them. The other week i woke to find one sharing my  pillow OMG :o Now at night i go around checking the bedding and pillows , throwing the creepy crawlies out thro the window.I tried it with my OH but he clung on to the window so tightly I had to let him stay. :twoface: