Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 251046 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #810 on: August 05, 2013, 07:53:11 am »
That's happened to me.  I believe they seek out sources of warmth.  Couple of years back a woman in the Lake District was bitten by a False Widow spider - our version of the Black widow. She reacted badly, and was hospitalised, but survived. In that case, she had her electric blanket on, and the spider had sought out its warmth.  It bit her when she got into bed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2013, 02:21:53 pm »
I never knew that DaveR was from Indian ancestry.  I was certain he was Welsh born and bred.

This article suggests otherwise.    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6161691.stm
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2013, 02:23:35 pm »
The mind boggles as to how you would know such a minute detail!!!
 _))* _))* _))* _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2013, 02:43:14 pm »
I never knew that DaveR was from Indian ancestry.  I was certain he was Welsh born and bred.

Both he and your own good self originated in the Indian Sub-continent, F, as did just about every European. Of course, modern humans have evolved - most noticeably in height...    :o
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2013, 03:27:15 pm »
 :-X

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2013, 03:28:10 pm »
The mind boggles as to how you would know such a minute detail!!!
 _))* _))* _))* _))* _))* _))*
His interest in other mens' bits might be an indicator as to why he has so many viruses on his laptop....  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #816 on: December 30, 2013, 12:22:49 am »
Which is spreading RAPIDLY!!   :o :o
Fester...

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #817 on: December 30, 2013, 03:03:45 am »
Which is spreading RAPIDLY!!   :o :o

Your interest in other mens' bits???  :o :o :o
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #818 on: December 30, 2013, 05:22:51 pm »
The virus dear Boy.
It has now now become so bad that any internet usage (from this PC) on any Browser is ruined by annoying adverts popping up, and then opening pages whether I click on them or not.
It started in Firefox, but now the same sites accessed via Google are also affected.
Typing this post took about 15 mins, and required me to close about 20 ads.   :( :(
Fester...

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #819 on: December 30, 2013, 05:35:15 pm »
The same thing's happening to my computer too Fester but I'm not clicking on them so mine haven't opened.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #820 on: December 30, 2013, 08:34:22 pm »
If you are running Windows may I suggest you download Microsoft Security Essentials.  This is a piece of software that runs in the background and keeps your computer clean.  After installation run the Full Scan which should find any troublesome items.  The software is free.   I have it installed on my PC, two laptops and a Notebook and have been free of problems for ages.
Don't ask me why I have so much hardware, just can't bear to part with them!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #821 on: December 30, 2013, 09:47:37 pm »
Fester The virus you have should probably be removed by downloading the program in this link:
  http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3001-8022_4-10804572.html?spi=6b0e5e180d1565f4d63d3acaa25ebcc4

When you run it, during installation, untick the 'install trial version'
When it has installed, allow it to check for updates & let it install them. Then run a quick scan (this will probably seem like a  slow scan :-)  )
When it finishes, let it delete anything it finds, then restart your pc when asked.

Trust me. This will not mess up your pc, & should remove the problem.

If you have no antivirus running or your current one has expired & you dont want to pay for renewal. Uninstall any you have on your pc & install security essentials as recommended by Yorkie.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #822 on: December 31, 2013, 01:26:47 am »
Thanks Guys,
Away overnight, then I will try those measures, and report back here.
Cheers.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #823 on: December 31, 2013, 08:55:46 am »
Just a point, Microsoft Security Essentials stays on your PC constantly monitoring and protecting your system.  It can also be set to auto update and run a full, or partial scan at regular intervals. 
 ££$

I also recommend System Mechanic from Iolo which keeps your system tuned either manually or automatically.  This is a subscription service at $15 a year but well worth the outlay.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #824 on: January 02, 2014, 04:34:57 pm »
Progress so far on my crusade to rid myself of this PC Virus.

CCleaner.  A quick download and run, found over 700 items to eradicate, which I proceeded to do,
Once restarted, the virus symtoms were still evident.  NO SUCCESS.

Kaspersky.   Quite slick software, but once run found no items to fix.  Then it proceeded to bombard me with on screen attempts, and email attempts to buy other security products from Kaspersky.  NO SUCCESS.

1-Rob-1, your link took my to a slick download from 'Microsoft Partners' and 'SparkNet'
The prompts you mentioned were never displayed, but when RUN, the 'speedometer' type dashboard found over 700 naughty items.  The option to FIX ALL is displayed.
When you click that, it asks yo to register, which I did.
Sadly, that simply takes you to an endless loop where you are asked for £19 to buy the security product.  ANOTHER FAIL.

Now to try Yorkie's solution. 
Fester...