Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment  (Read 418446 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The Snack Kiosks on Colwyn Bay Promenade
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2013, 09:02:31 pm »
But what EXACTLY does that mean Dave?    :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Colwyn Bay Waterfront Redevelopment
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:47 pm »
Please can I ask you all to refrain from making Dave's head even more insufferably large than usual.

He has recently moved home, and I am concerned that his new abode will not contain his ego for much longer if this continues.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2013, 11:34:12 pm »
now fester a song by Billy Fury comes to mind, any idea?

Offline Linda

« Reply #363 on: April 07, 2013, 11:39:04 pm »
That's good having new modern 'outlets' for teas and coffees, just hope its the same people running the new outlets as the couple where the pink car is have really built up a large clientele and it's a popular stop off, the other kiosk further down the Cayley doesn't do badly either and great if your walking the dog, having a run,cycle etc. I just hope the council doesn't sell these folk out and let the new buildings to the highest bidder when the present folk have built up the businesses.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2013, 07:25:50 am »
Ah! But there lies the rub!   The Council have to maximise the return on their (actually our) investment so it will probably be by tender.  We all know, of course, that tenders come in sealed brown envelopes, so it is anyone's guess who will be successful!   ZXZ

;) ;) ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2013, 08:41:08 am »
The bidding process should be an open and transparent one. The level of rents paid by the present kiosk owners is ridiculously low - CCBC have an obligation to manage their (our) assets properly.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:20 am »
Please can I ask you all to refrain from making Dave's head even more insufferably large than usual.

He has recently moved home, and I am concerned that his new abode will not contain his ego for much longer if this continues.
No problem, I shall simply have another wing built.  :laugh:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #367 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:13 am »
now fester a song by Billy Fury comes to mind, any idea?

Was it also recorded by Marty Wilde? :o ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #368 on: April 08, 2013, 10:08:42 pm »
i don,t recall Marty Wild singing it but Frankie Lane did

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2013, 08:43:51 am »
Heck Snowcap, we are sounding old !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Linda

« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2013, 10:09:18 pm »
I had a nice cuppa and scone at the 1st Kiosk at the Cayley today. The weather was lovely sat at one of the tables chatting to a few locals.
The Kiosk was busy with couples and dog walkers, we all signed the petition which was pages and pages long and everyone was offering
their support to the lovely hardworking couple there, who work 12hrs  7days a week.
These folk need our support as they have worked the kiosks for years. If the weather holds this week I will go to the other Kiosk for  a cuppa and support them also.  If the weather doesn't hold out we go to Ninos, my hubby has known him for years and he is always busy,so room for all. In spite of the Kiosks being a little dated the Cayley area of the promenade looked so attractive in the sunshine.
Although the seadefences need to be dealt with, I sincerely hope these kiosk people are treated fairly for I suspect the CCBC could have a battle on their hands if not, for the local people i spoke to today are extremely supportive of these folk staying.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #371 on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:53 am »
Unfortunately the Council will do as they please, which is the usual scenario.  Whilst you have Councillors of all ilks prepared to allow the law to be continuously flouted, there will be little change in the dictatorial attitude of the controlling force.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #372 on: April 16, 2013, 11:41:29 am »
You could be right there Yorkie. Over the years in business have seen the wink and a nod over the bar and who you know on the Council over housing and house grants etc. Hopefully all that has stopped.
I like to think folks are rewarded for their contribution to an area,in this case the present Kiosks leaseholders and hope they have first refusal on any future replacement kiosks. The other couple at the pier end were firstly given that privilege and then it was taken away &shake&

Offline hardknox

• School Of Hardknox
« Reply #373 on: April 16, 2013, 09:53:45 pm »
I got a cuppa from that kiosk by pier last summer,,tasted like dishwater never again yuk!!

Offline hardknox

• School Of Hardknox
« Reply #374 on: April 16, 2013, 10:07:03 pm »
Was on the prom the other day,,coudlnt believe all the sand that is there now, looks like costa brava now