Poll

What do you think?

Are you 100% certain that the NASA Moon landings were genuine?
16 (66.7%)
Are you 100% certain that the NASA moon landings were faked?
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Re: The Lunar Landings  (Read 57890 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Lunar Landings
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2012, 08:02:16 pm »
I can't believe people are still questioning the lunar landings after all this time. Short of physically taking you there I don't know what else NASA can do to stop all this conspiracy rubbish that keeps getting regurgitated every few years.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:55 pm »
The one thing that convinces me is that it is now 43 years since Neil Armstrong is alleged to have walked on the moon.  As it was such a simple exercise why has it not been repeated?  Surely there is some value on the Moon!    ZXZ   And it is not as far as Mars or Jupiter!    Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »
The one thing that convinces me is that it is now 43 years since Neil Armstrong is alleged to have walked on the moon.  As it was such a simple exercise why has it not been repeated?  Surely there is some value on the Moon!    ZXZ   And it is not as far as Mars or Jupiter!    Z**

So even though they landed there six times but cut the Apollo program short of the planned ten because the American population were losing interest, you base your whole conviction just on the fact that they never went back?
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:04 pm »
Yep!   But that is MY opinion and may not be the view of my relatives, friends or other members of the population!    :D
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2012, 08:43:22 am »
But there was no value in returning, from an economic point of view, and that's all the US public cares about. This is a country, remember,  where one of the first reactions to the slaughter of the primary school children yesterday was to suggest arming primary school teachers.   But let's not forget there is definitive proof of the lunar landings in the shape of the laser reflector arrays.  I actually witnessed a friend from Manchester Uni fire a laser at one of these arrays and get a return response. He was using the arrays to calibrate some instruments and it was truly impressive.  In fact, it is the only real evidence that we did walk on the moon, apart from the hundreds of thousands of NASA employees, aerospace employees, observatory employees around the world, telescopic sightings, radio telescope tracking information, recordings, data dumps, photos from China and Russia and so much else that only a hermit with no knowledge of science and a case of seriously degenerative paranoia could possibly doubt the veracity of the Apollo program.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2012, 08:53:23 am »
only a hermit with no knowledge of science and a case of seriously degenerative paranoia could possibly doubt the veracity of the Apollo program.
Indeed. I really don't understand this obsession with conspiracy theories, the majority of which are patently half baked nonsense. It's one thing to have an open mind, it's another to believe any old rubbish that some crackpot posts on the Internet under the guise of 'research'.  &shake&

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2012, 09:58:36 am »
But there was no value in returning, from an economic point of view, and that's all the US public cares about. This is a country, remember,  where one of the first reactions to the slaughter of the primary school children yesterday was to suggest arming primary school teachers.   But let's not forget there is definitive proof of the lunar landings in the shape of the laser reflector arrays.  I actually witnessed a friend from Manchester Uni fire a laser at one of these arrays and get a return response. He was using the arrays to calibrate some instruments and it was truly impressive.  In fact, it is the only real evidence that we did walk on the moon, apart from the hundreds of thousands of NASA employees, aerospace employees, observatory employees around the world, telescopic sightings, radio telescope tracking information, recordings, data dumps, photos from China and Russia and so much else that only a hermit with no knowledge of science and a case of seriously degenerative paranoia could possibly doubt the veracity of the Apollo program.

Getting a response from a laser is great but did your friend actually see someone walking on the moon?   I guess not!  Q.E.D.   ;D
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2012, 10:14:08 am »
only a hermit with no knowledge of science and a case of seriously degenerative paranoia could possibly doubt the veracity of the Apollo program.
Indeed. I really don't understand this obsession with conspiracy theories, the majority of which are patently half baked nonsense. It's one thing to have an open mind, it's another to believe any old rubbish that some crackpot posts on the Internet under the guise of 'research'.  &shake&

So, you think that a minority of conspiracy theories could be true! Which ones?  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:13 am »

So, you think that a minority of conspiracy theories could be true! Which ones?  :twoface:
Did I say that? The minority are fully baked nonsense!  :Pv  :laugh:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »
Getting a response from a laser is great but did your friend actually see someone walking on the moon?   I guess not!  Q.E.D.

To get that response you need to have a carefully positioned laser-reflective array, something which had to have been done by man.  Unless you think there's someone else up there... 

Z@@
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2012, 03:40:49 pm »
The Man in the Moon, maybe?  Propped the array up using green cheese with the help of The Clangers!     $bounce$
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2012, 05:49:07 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
The Man in the Moon, maybe?  Propped the array up using green cheese with the help of The Clangers!     $bounce$

Now is the 'man in the moon' real or is that a hoax too?  ???   :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2012, 06:32:04 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!   I'll have to think about that one, can't be controversial on every issue.   _))*
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:43 pm »

In response to that, I would repeat something I said earlier.
That being, where sufficient doubt exists, there will always be the human propensity to debate, question and oppose.
I always find it odd that those who are 100% convinced that the Lunar Landings are genuine, feel it necessary to become borderline irate in the defence of the subject.
Personally, I wouldn't waste my time trying to convince a 'seriously paranoid hermit'

To me, the most interesting point is not whether it happened or not, but that one third of those asked are 100% sure that it did not.
That is incredible when it is so relatively recent, and in the age of television and media scrutiny.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -