Poll

What do you think?

Are you 100% certain that the NASA Moon landings were genuine?
16 (66.7%)
Are you 100% certain that the NASA moon landings were faked?
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Re: The Lunar Landings  (Read 57894 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The Lunar Landings
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2012, 07:52:14 pm »
I am.  It's very grainy, and the music is dreadful. It does, however, illuminate rather nicely one comment by Fester:

I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the 1960's, where everything was switches and buttons... we possessed the capability and technology to send human beings to the moon and return them safely

Actually getting them there and back was probably the simple part. After all, it's only fairly simple celestial mechanics. The tough part would have been finding a loo....

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2012, 09:00:49 pm »
Loo nar?  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2012, 11:40:09 pm »
I was kind of dreading looking on this topic tonight, to see if Fester had answered my question about the NASA scientists supposedly killed in car crashes and suddenly made me think, ''yes of course, how stupid of me, it was all staged and I as wrong''

But no!   Yet more questions to divert attention away from the issue is all I see.
Interesting they may be, but hardly helpful in a sensible debate.
So where does all this take us?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Actually Dave, seeing as you told me today that you didn't even spend 3 minutes watching the EVIDENCE that I posted of the astronauts press conference, (yet you felt free to comment on it) .... then I just couldn't be arsed spending a lot more time getting that list together.  What would be the point?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2012, 08:24:40 am »
You're certainly correct about the 'uncomfortable viewing' the press conference makes but I suspect that could easily be attributed to tensions within the astronaut group themselves, the reluctance of men trained to work in isolated circumstances having to face a roomful of combative press from around the globe and also the simple fact that they were a long way from their own comfort zones. These were men used to being in charge and working to strictly defined parameters; facing the press can't have been easy or indeed even manageable. But I think you put your finger on it when you observed:

Anyone who feels that governments are not capable of such vast cover ups needs to look at .,.. the Manhattan project

but the Manhattan project itself leaked like a sieve, with Karl Fuchs being the lead leaker. And surely that's the point, isn't it? If something as big and as serious as the creation of Nuclear Weapons can't be kept secret, when entire organisations were created for specifically that purpose, how is anyone expected to believe that a comparatively open and straightforward project such as sending people to the moon for a couple of hours was in reality the imaginative project of a few cunning tricksters who managed to pull off the greatest con-trick of all time, and leave not one solid, indisputable piece of evidence?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »
I see that 31.6% of members who have voted by now are 100% certain that the lunar landings were faked.
I could boost that figure, but I am NOT CERTAIN.

I would say that 31.6% is a significant minority.
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »
If the poll was widened to include those who just have some doubt, (as I originally requested), then it is fair to assume that less than 50% of people are 100% certain that the lunar landings were genuine.

Quite an amazing thought really.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2012, 10:48:26 pm »
A significant minority of Americans think Elvis is still alive - do you agree with them?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2012, 10:49:44 pm »
No Dave, I think he is Dead!   Why do you ask?   $elvis$ $elvis$
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »
How do you know? Surely, if so many people think Elvis is still alive, then it is a strong possibility?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2012, 11:12:19 pm »
I doubt that over 30% of people think that Elvis is alive Dave.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:22 am »
They get confused with all the Elvis impersonators!  :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2012, 08:09:50 am »
Oh. So, in your view,  it's the level of 'significant minority' that determines whether something is likely to be true or not?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:06 am »
Lots of fascinating stats on here

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-hoaxes-of-all-time.php

WWW WWW WWW

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2012, 09:37:42 am »

There is one thing wrong with this discussion - no one has yet said to which Elvis they are referring!   Which just goes to show that so far everyone, in a way, is correct.  If we now define the Elvis as being Elvis Aaron Presley, one time Rock and Roll singer, Private in the American Army etc. etc  then the argument can get somewhere!

And, of course, he is still alive!   I saw him in Burger King only last week!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2012, 10:10:13 am »
 So has the Mars Rover really landed on Mars or is it in a film set? With modern computer effects who knows? (for the record I'm sure it is on Mars  ;D )