Poll

What do you think?

Are you 100% certain that the NASA Moon landings were genuine?
16 (66.7%)
Are you 100% certain that the NASA moon landings were faked?
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Re: The Lunar Landings  (Read 57910 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The Lunar Landings
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2012, 07:30:48 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:24 pm »
 L0L brilliant!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ludo

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »
Collect the set!

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2012, 10:11:38 pm »
interesting advert board!  ;D

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2012, 10:12:06 pm »
Looks faked to me  _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2012, 01:41:22 am »
I was kind of dreading looking on this topic tonight, to see if anyone had dissected the NASA press conference and suddenly made me think, ''yes of course, how stupid of me, it was all genuine and I as wrong''

But no!   Cleverly photoshopped pictures of 'kiosks' on 'lunar' surfaces and laughing smileys is all I see.
Hilarious they may be, but hardly constructive, and hardly helpful in a sensible debate.
So where does all this take us?

Ian, in his inimitable style says (paraphrasing) that 'no one has ever produced unequivocal evidence that the lunar landings were a sham'
But, I would counter that by saying that the opposite is true. That being, by putting forward hoardes of anomalies that have never been properly explained, then by 'a death of a thousand cuts' .... it is reasonable to assert that the lunar landings were faked.

Apart from the shifty and embarrassed behaviour by these pioneering astronauts, (who incidentally, and suspiciously all resigned from NASA less than a month after the Apollo11 ''mission'') ... I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the 1960's, where everything was switches and buttons... we possessed the capability and technology to send human beings to the moon and return them safely

In closing, I believe that Apollo 11 blasted off successfully, attained an orbit of approx 350 miles, (as did Soyuz and other similar missions of the day) ... and returned to Earth a few days later, as it was politically and financially expedient to do so.

Anyone who feels that governments are not capable of such vast cover ups needs to look at the JFK assassination and the Atom Bomb (Manhattan project)

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2012, 02:23:41 am »
I was kind of dreading looking on this topic tonight, to see if anyone had dissected the NASA press conference and suddenly made me think, ''yes of course, how stupid of me, it was all genuine and I as wrong''

But no!   Cleverly photoshopped pictures of 'kiosks' on 'lunar' surfaces and laughing smileys is all I see.
Hilarious they may be, but hardly constructive, and hardly helpful in a sensible debate.

Ian, in his inimitable style says (paraphrasing) that 'no one has ever produced unequivocal evidence that the lunar landings were a sham'
But, I would counter that by saying that the opposite is true. That being, by putting forward hoardes of anomalies that have never been properly explained, then by 'a death of a thousand cuts' .... it is reasonable to assert that the lunar landings were faked.

Apart from the shifty and embarrassed behaviour by these pioneering astronauts, (who incidentally, and suspiciously all resigned from NASA less than a month after the Apollo11 ''mission'') ... I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the 1960's, where everything was switches and buttons... we possessed the capability and technology to send human beings to the moon and return them safely

In closing, I believe that Apollo 11 blasted off successfully, attained an orbit of approx 350 miles, (as did Soyuz and other similar missions of the day) ... and returned to Earth a few days later, as it was politically and financially expedient to do so.

Anyone who feels that governments are not capable of such vast cover ups needs to look at the JFK assassination and the Atom Bomb (Manhattan project)

I don't want to take this anymore off topic than it already is, so I apologies. But the JFK assassination is something of an interest of mine. I'm interested to know what you think was covered up Fester?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2012, 06:42:26 am »
Must be about time to mention the Illuminati  :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2012, 09:00:14 am »
I was kind of dreading looking on this topic tonight, to see if Fester had answered my question about the NASA scientists supposedly killed in car crashes and suddenly made me think, ''yes of course, how stupid of me, it was all staged and I as wrong''

But no!   Yet more questions to divert attention away from the issue is all I see.
Interesting they may be, but hardly helpful in a sensible debate.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2012, 10:50:18 am »
 _))* _))* _))*

But, I would counter that by saying that the opposite is true....... it is reasonable to assert that the lunar landings were faked.

Actually, no. As I said, the facts are there, and the anomalies fully explained, but it takes time to find them.  Any one can stand and say 'That's not true - it wuz faked!" about anything,  but I contend that those making that assertion - about any event, really - have to provide some form of unequivocal evidence - at least one scrap - if they expect to be taken seriously. If it was all a big con, then at least one tiny bit of indisputable evidence must exist. It was the sixties, after all.   And why confine it to Space? How about religion?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2012, 12:42:06 pm »

Offline Ludo

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2012, 02:04:10 pm »
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2012, 05:58:51 pm »
 :laugh:

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »
Please tell me everyone involved in this discussion is watching Moonwalk One on the Discovery channel, it's followed by One Giant Leap: A Neil Armstrong Tribute.
Valar Morghulis