Author Topic: Llandudno swimming pool - a catalogue of admin errors  (Read 71593 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno swimming pool
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:19 pm »
I haven't used the pool for a couple of years but I seem to remember the training pool and the main pool are both accessible by steps.

However, there was something there to assist the physically disabled to get in and get out but I cannot remember much about it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2014, 11:42:59 pm »
I haven't used the pool for a couple of years but I seem to remember the training pool and the main pool are both accessible by steps.

However, there was something there to assist the physically disabled to get in and get out but I cannot remember much about it.

Yeah,  there is a crane / hoist type device to allow disabled people to be lowered in.

There is no easy ramp style access to the Pool, not that I am aware of.

However, there is a flat walkway from the reception to the poolside itself, if that's what SDQ was meaning?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2014, 08:07:20 am »
Does anyone knoe if Llandudno, or any other of the Three Towns, has a Water Polo Team?    <:> <:>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2014, 07:14:37 am »
I have had a response to my query, and re-print it here in full:

" I appreciate your concerns regarding the problems we encountered with our Air Conditioning which unfortunately led to the temporary closure of our Fitness Suite
In reply to your query I would like to offer the following response:

In what way does an A/C failure prevent the Gymnasium facilities from being used?

When the air conditioning units fail we are unable to regulate the air temperature within our facilities. We appreciate these closures caused some inconvenience to our members / clients but the decision was taken on the advice of industry recommendations along with two incidents when customers had experienced an adverse reaction (fainting) to these high temperatures. Due to the close proximity of the fitness suite to the swimming pool, Llandudno in particular experienced temperatures close to 30°C

Who is responsible for determining the criteria behind the closure?

A.  Conwy County (Active & Creative Lifestyles) based on the information above made the decision to close our Fitness Suites.

What are those criteria?

A.  The air temperature within our facilities should be maintained around 20°C

Can I finish by apologising for any inconvenience these closures have caused and I would hope that in the future we would not experience air conditioning malfunctions at all our facilities during a similar, warm period of the year.

Kind Regards
Peter"

And we still don't know 'who' made the decision to close - only the department in question.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2014, 01:29:15 am »
I too have received a very professional response from my query, and despite Peter disputing my attempted attendance figures, I can overlook that, in view of the offer he made me in lieu of my membership fees.

I intend to reply and accept his kind offer, but not until I sober up.

I just hope that I can actually USE the facilities in future, which is all I ever wanted!
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:05 pm »
I too have received a very professional response from my query, and despite Peter disputing my attempted attendance figures, I can overlook that, in view of the offer he made me in lieu of my membership fees.

I just hope that I can actually USE the facilities in future, which is all I ever wanted!

What is this offer??  >>>
Surely if they refund yours, ie the loudest and most brash they should refund everyone's who was inconvenienced - ie MINE  D)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2014, 01:27:14 am »

What is this offer??  >>>
Surely if they refund yours, ie the loudest and most brash they should refund everyone's who was inconvenienced - ie MINE  D)

You don't ask, you don't get.......  I asked, I got.

It's not a refund anyway,  where did I say it was?
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »
Anyone else here about the inappropriate behaviour of a couple in the swimming pool?

I will type it here and asterix out the unsuitable words

"My 12 year old daughter just said 'dad what are they doing' referring to an elderly pakastani couple in the shallow end at llandudno swimming pool... i put my goggles and look under and yes.. he was ***************** (you can guess the rest it goes into a bit of detail) fuming to think my family and everyone else is swimming amongs personal body fluids ad filth"

then says reported and the bottom half of the post I couldn't see.

It's on facebook so make of it what you will, may be a load of rubbish but who knows

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2014, 12:14:31 pm »
What is the relevance to the story of them being Pakistani?  &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 12:34:02 pm »
None at all, I just posted it verbatim.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2014, 12:50:25 pm »

I don't see any harm in the nationality of the activists being mentioned.  Almost every item of news in any Media nowadays, mentions race and religion seemingly for some purpose of identification.   The use in what BtR quoted is quite justified and, to my mind, should not be found objectionable.
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2014, 12:55:31 pm »

I don't see any harm in the nationality of the activists being mentioned.  Almost every item of news in any Media nowadays, mentions race and religion seemingly for some purpose of identification.   The use in what BtR quoted is quite justified and, to my mind, should not be found objectionable.
 ZXZ
I asked what the relevance of mentioning their racial origin was? As far as I can see, it serves no purpose other than as a piece of casual racism.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:01 pm »
I agree with Dave, other than the fact it might have been used to identify them. I.E did anyone else see

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2014, 01:47:42 pm »

ZXZ
I asked what the relevance of mentioning their racial origin was? As far as I can see, it serves no purpose other than as a piece of casual racism.

Yes, I read your comment, and also BtR's reply, I was just adding to the thread by airing my feeling.   I said nothing about racial matters, and have no intention of so doing.  There is more than enough aggro to satisfy the whole of North Wales on other Social Media sites and Blogs.   This one, fortunately, is one of the more pleasant ones.   Long may it remain so!
 ZXZ
Cicero

craigollerton

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:19 pm »
Sadly we live in a world of such 'political correctness' now and have to watch what we say for people take offence so easily. No gollywogs on my Robertsons Marmalade anymore :( and that is a terrible shame.