Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 227169 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Signs on the Orme.
« Reply #450 on: February 11, 2014, 09:25:02 pm »
They have removed the Toll Collector's hut at the bottom of the zig zag road.  There are places to turn round so the no turning back is irrelevant.   It cannot be turned into a one way road!

Maybe they are going to reintroduce charges as many people avoid the toll by driving up the road from the Empire Hotel.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Cordyline

• Management board member
« Reply #451 on: February 11, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »
That's the way we usually drive onto the Orme; up the road near the Empire
Although I do have an annual permit for the toll road, still only £15 and that includes parking at the summit

Surprised that they've kept the same colour (blue) for the windscreen disc;  the Toll-man never scrutinises it

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #452 on: February 12, 2014, 09:20:19 am »
That's the way we usually drive onto the Orme; up the road near the Empire
Although I do have an annual permit for the toll road, still only £15 and that includes parking at the summit

Surprised that they've kept the same colour (blue) for the windscreen disc;  the Toll-man never scrutinises it

The Annual Season Ticket is very good value.  If you have a relative interred in the Cemetery you can get a Cemetery Pass ABSOLUTELY FREE!  Although it is primarily to visit the Cemetery many use it for just driving round.  The Cemetery Pass is, or was, available wherever you live, not just for Llandudno residents.  The Annual Season Ticket is only available to Locals.

The Toll Attendants have eyes like hawks and can recognise a pass at 20 paces!  They also get familiar with the vehicles and drivers.  I have not shown my Cemetery Pass for a year or so since there was the last change of staff.

Certainly the best value in town!   :D
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #453 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:17 am »
   That sounds typical. They take the toll keepers hut away. Then, in view of the new sign, two years later decide to start charging again.
   I found it necessary to have a word in the ear of one of the toll keepers last summer. On certain Sat-Navs if you are on the prom in Llandudno and you search the postcode for my golf course it sends you past the tollgate, up the road past the cemetery and left after you cross the tram track. The first I know about it is when some annoyed golfers arrive claiming they have had to pay a toll to get to me.
   I just asked the toll keepers to tell any prospective golfers to turn around, right at the island, first right and off you go, but, correctly, they pointed out that how would they know the passengers wanted to get to me. Fair point I suppose.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #454 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:19 am »
  The Annual Season Ticket is only available to Locals.

Where can I purchase a season ticket?

When will it be available?

Is it assigned to a specific vehicle or household?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:30 am »
Ask the toll keeper or ring CCBC on 574000.
You can have more than one car registration on one pass. ( We had 3 at one time.)
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2014, 12:11:37 pm »
Got mine by post from Landudno council
It runs from January 1st. ours is for one vehicle

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #457 on: February 12, 2014, 12:38:34 pm »
We have three cars on ours, a bargain!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #458 on: February 12, 2014, 01:12:49 pm »
All good answers,

$thanx$

I did as Nem suggested, phoned 574000 and they put me through to their Parking Department who have agreed to put an application form in the post tonight.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #459 on: February 12, 2014, 02:03:42 pm »
Glad you are sorted Bri. Ours hasn't been used as much this winter, as walking a white dog in the mud around our usual dog walks hasn't been our favorite occupation ! Roll on Spring !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #460 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »

I did as Nem suggested, phoned 574000 and they put me through to their Parking Department who have agreed to put an application form in the post tonight.

Despite the Council's generous attitude to the use of Marine Drive it has still been the subject to abuse by some Hotel Owners who have "loaned" their Season Ticket to their clients.  This resulted in the vehicle Registration Number being included on the passes a few years ago.  If you change your vehicle the Parking Department will issue a new one for free.

Season Tickets did run from April, but that may have changed.
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #461 on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:36 pm »

Despite the Council's generous attitude to the use of Marine Drive it has still been the subject to abuse by some Hotel Owners who have "loaned" their Season Ticket to their clients.

I wonder why you have singled out Hotel Owners Yorkie, when the same can be said for any other Season Ticket owner, who are just as capable of lending it to their family and friends. If you know which Hotel Owners were abusing their S T name and shame them.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #462 on: February 12, 2014, 09:31:29 pm »

I wonder why you have singled out Hotel Owners Yorkie, when the same can be said for any other Season Ticket owner, who are just as capable of lending it to their family and friends. If you know which Hotel Owners were abusing their S T name and shame them.

You may have missed that the Council acted by taking the action I have stated.  The matter was discovered by drivers stopping at the Toll, and by their words and actions giving away the facts of the situation.  Others may have done it but it was not apparent  or so prevalent.

Of course, it does not now apply with the vehicle registration being on the document.

I was not purposely singling out Hotel Owners, and as it does not now happen (as far as I know) names are not now of any concern.   At the time the matter was dealt with in a discrete manner with those found to be transgressing.

If you are still unhappy with this additional explanation, please make further comment and I will endeavour to quote you Chapter and Verse.
 :D

Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #463 on: February 13, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »
  My thoughts, naughty naughty lending your go free pass.

But not half as naughty as the disabled blue badge car owner lending it to their perfectly fit grandson so he can park somewhere naughty whilst he goes to the disco.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #464 on: February 13, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »
Well my application form arrived this morning.

I phoned up to double check that the Marine Drive Permit also includes parking on the summit and the nice lady confirmed it did.

As a result, I called into the Town Hall this afternoon, waited for 5 minutes and walked out with my new Permit.  D)

I wonder if it will it be alright to scan a copy for the second specified car.

Does anybody know the answer?

ME?

Season Tickets did run from April, but that may have changed.
 ZXZ

Yorkie, I asked for mine to start tomorrow.

No problem and it expires on the 13 February 2015.