Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 227176 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #405 on: December 29, 2012, 07:43:18 pm »
Well worth getting, mine covers 3 cars and you can park for free at the summit!  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13:11 pm »
WOW i remember the good old days when you parked for nothin no wonder not many ormites left up there

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:53 pm »
WOW i remember the good old days when you parked for nothin no wonder not many ormites left up there

Or items go free all the time.   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #408 on: February 17, 2013, 05:26:15 pm »
Just had a nice drive around Marine Drive when half way between the cafe and the West shore, we met this clown driving very slowly the wrong way!

I could not believe it so took his picture as he had stopped, I informed him that it was one way (strongly worded!) and he said if I'd known you were taking my picture I would have smiled! I said it does not matter as I'd be sending it to the Police! He muttered something about the signs at the start of the one way, so I had a look...

The signs look clear enough to me! If he could not see those then he should not be driving! hopefully his other half in the car gave him an ear bashing!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #409 on: February 17, 2013, 05:38:52 pm »
    I think the number plate on his car says it all.  I imagine he is proud to display   "SCOUSE NUT" Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2013, 06:01:31 pm »
In summer about six cars a day go round he doing way. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #411 on: February 17, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »
In summer about six cars a day go round he doing way.

Yet nothing is ever done about it, seems mad to me!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #412 on: February 17, 2013, 08:50:03 pm »
''.......hopefully his other half in the car gave him an ear bashing!''

Oh, Merddin, I would say that was a given... whether or not she even noticed his dodgy driving.

Isn't that what wives were put on this Earth for?   :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #413 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:41 pm »
A couple of weeks ago, I met a lorry going the wrong way on that stretch.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #414 on: February 17, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »
    I think the number plate on his car says it all.  I imagine he is proud to display   "SCOUSE NUT" Mike

:laugh:

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #415 on: February 17, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »
This morning there was a black car driving the wrong way between the bottom of the zig-zags and Rest & Be Thankful ... with permission of the authorities.  We were surveying the route for the forthcoming Three Castles Classic Rally (6th to 8th June) and needed to do the measurements for the road book.

I was stationed at the bottom of the zig-zags to warn other users that they would meet a slow-moving black car with roof hazard lights.  Everyone was very friendly and appreciated knowing what we were up to!  No problems were encountered, we were there less than 30 minutes.

The only complaint I received was from an elderly pedestrian walking the "wrong way" who was almost hit from behind by a cyclist also going the wrong way round - the pedestrian wanted to know why I hadn't stopped the cyclist continuing on towards the toll gate - ignoring the No Entry signs as well!

I was surprised just how busy the Marine Drive was at 10.30am !

I have no idea who the occupants of the blue car are, what they was doing or why they were going the wrong way ... a bit naughty of Ormegolf to suggest they're Scouse - that's a Scottish registration number!

PS you may see the black car driving on the Prom this week - again doing the necessary work for the Classic Rally - all done with permission of the authorities, at 5mph walking pace and with hazard lights on - that's slower and more visible than cyclists!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #416 on: February 18, 2013, 08:20:27 am »
Marine Drive is a Private Toll Road and has been since the late 1800's, date is on North Toll House.
As far as I am aware no powers have been given to CCBC who operate the Toll to raise any form of action to those who transgress.   The first part of the West end is an "unofficial" two way for residents on that part of the Drive.   Despite the number of cars travelling the wrong way, I have never heard of any accident being caused.  The Rally Boys are the ones who destroy the walls in various places!
 :D

From about 17 yards up the Zig zag road it is a public road.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline martin

« Reply #417 on: February 18, 2013, 01:49:46 pm »
I read the number plate differently, to me it is more likely a Scottish person, or should I say, (just to annoy them), Scotch person!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #418 on: February 18, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »
When anyone gets an obscure number plate anyone looking at it has to guess at what is meant. Some are obviously more obscure than others.
Can we agree though that the last bit , nut, might be correct.  P.s. sorry I've upset touchy scousers

Offline Tosh

« Reply #419 on: February 18, 2013, 04:13:20 pm »
Not necessarily Scottish owned at the moment, we had two cars originally registered in Scotland and both were purchased from a garage in Junction.
I think that SA to SM is Western Scotland and SN to SZ is Eastern Scotland.
Just as CA to CM is South Wales and CN to CZ is North Wales. (approximately)
You find that Scottish cars particularly from the east have quite a lot of underside corrosion due to the fact that they use a heck of a lot more salt on the roads up there, or so I was told anyway.