Author Topic: The Great Orme  (Read 227195 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Great Orme
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:42 am »
we were driving our open top Spitfire last Thursday down the High Street of Porthmadog when we saw the camera car, those images haven't been updated yet. Big brother is watching :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2011, 10:38:43 am »
I think the Orme views were taken in the warm spell towards the end of  April so on that basis you can probably expect high street Porthmadog ones yo saw being taken to be on show in September/October. 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2011, 10:45:27 am »
the warm spell towards the end of  April 

otherwise known as Summer this year!  :laugh:

I'll keep checking the Porthmadog pics, we should be obvious in that car  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2011, 10:54:45 am »
I spotted the car coming into my road just as I was  leaving the house, in one image you can see my front door open and then closed. I took my time going to my car but I'm not  on it :(

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2011, 10:59:35 am »
I notice that  Google Street View of some of the roads on the Orme has just been updated and some new ones added. They were taken on a really sunny day (remember those !) and the  views from Anglesey Road are particularly stunning. If you look particularly closely on one of the views you might understand how I knew that updates were imminent.

Was that water in the bottle you're holding or something stronger?       ;)     The garden is looking nice by the way $good$

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:18 am »
I think it's Lawn Weed killer Hugo. For the Garden and not for drinking I might add.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2011, 07:27:14 pm »
the google streetview took a photo of me in colwyn bay  :D

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »
I've seen my car in two different places  (so far) on streetview

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:57 pm »
If you go down one way passing the house in street view it's got the previous owner of the house's car in the drive if you go the other it's got mine in the same place. Time Warp!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »
Gotcha !. What were you eating when I drove past you this morning? It looked ever so good !! ;D ;D ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2011, 12:08:02 pm »
There can't be much room at the top of the Orme today. The Trams seem to be going up at about three times their normal, usually every 20 minutes, rate and every one of them has been packed.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2011, 01:00:23 pm »
There can't be much room at the top of the Orme today. The Trams seem to be going up at about three times their normal, usually every 20 minutes, rate and every one of them has been packed.
It's funny you say that, because one of the red open top tour buses just went past me in town and every single seat was taken - they're normally half full at best.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2011, 01:25:15 pm »
I've just been informed that the Great Orme will be "closed" on Thursday 10 November for a rally, except for access by residents and businesses.  I think that this will be mainly Marine Drive and St. Tudno's Road and people affected should be receiving notification by post. 

It sounds as if consultations are starting in good time, so let's hope that some lessons have been learnt after the debacle of road closures for the "Llandudno 10" race. 

Offline outlawowl

« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2011, 07:03:42 pm »
Frustrating that the Orme will be closed again.. . always disappointing for us dog walkers.
Good to have plenty of notice but it seems that when the Orme is closed it is sometimes for an event which brings people into the town for a few hours who then leave without spending any money.
It is good to see visitors enjoying the area but it would be nice of there were a few financial benefits.

On a different tack but still about the Orme why are there not litter bins and dog bins by the car parking area above the church/cemetery?
You have to watch where you are walking because of the mess left by some dog owners not cleaning up and this weekend the whole area was strewn with litter - empty bottles, paper plates and other rubbish - left by people who come and enjoy the view and a meal.
It is obvious that many of them put their litter in plastic sacks and, before the sacks can be collected, they are pecked to bits by gulls.
Although much of it has been tidied up there are plastic bags and empty cans left in the ferns.
Why don't people take the bags away with them?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:07 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, Outlawowl.  $good$