Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 181608 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Local Politics
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:01 am »
Don't get me wrong, I regard both sides in this conflict as being equally responsible for the present situation. However, my focus on the Israeli atrocities results from Mr Bebb being a 'Conservative Friend of Israel', rather than the Palestinians.

I find it reprehensible that the MP that represents me is a member of a Group that actively supports a country that is willing, to quote the example in the UN Report above, to shoot a mother waving a white flag in the head.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2014, 11:16:55 am »
I find it reprehensible that the MP that represents me is a member of a Group that actively supports a country that is willing, to quote the example in the UN Report above, to shoot a mother waving a white flag in the head.

Well, ignoring the international symbol for Parley is technically a war crime but the real problem is that there are instances of terrorists misusing the white flag in order to escape or to covertly attack enemy forces. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that Islamic militants have disguised themselves as women to escape or attack.

Don't get me wrong.  There's no way whatsoever I'm condoning what happened, merely pointing out that the first casualty of war is always the truth. Sadly, it appears that the UK is no exception.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #557 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:59 pm »
This topic is local politics and whatever your views on the very tragic conflict the only thing we should be concentrating on is this MP and his actions. In my opinion they are wrong, he has no business there whatsoever.  However it's pretty clear why he is

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/nov/16/pro-israel-lobby-conservatives-channel4-dispatches

Disgraceful actions but not surprising for this government

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:04 pm »
This topic is local politics and whatever your views on the very tragic conflict the only thing we should be concentrating on is this MP and his actions.

Can I dare to suggest that in the interests of absolute correctness, Guto Bebb MP should rate under NATIONAL POLITICS, so has no justifiable place in this thread whatsoever.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2014, 11:49:04 pm »
He is our Local Politician.   &shake&
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #560 on: August 07, 2014, 12:21:52 am »
Hey Quiggsy.... long time no see!   :)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #561 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:01 am »
He is our Local Politician.   &shake&

Ditto to Fester.  How are you matey?

GB cannot be our local politician because he does nothing for us.   What was the last thing he did that was of benefit to the folk of Llandudno?  Stuck for an answer?   Point proved!   QED.
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #562 on: August 07, 2014, 11:06:27 am »

GB cannot be our local politician because he does nothing for us.   What was the last thing he did that was of benefit to the folk of Llandudno?  Stuck for an answer?   Point proved!   QED.
 ZXZ

Could not agree more, he's a waste of space.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:04:27 am by Ian »

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #563 on: August 07, 2014, 06:21:42 pm »
Regardless, he was elected to represent us in the name of Political Correctness, the fact that he's not doing that can be corrected next May.   $good$
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #564 on: August 07, 2014, 11:42:38 pm »
Regardless, he was elected to represent us in the name of Political Correctness, the fact that he's not doing that can be corrected next May.   $good$

A very good point Quiggs,     trouble is,  who should we vote for?   Aren't they all as bad?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:25 pm »
Reading the Pioneer.......AM Janet Finch-Saunders, stepping on CCBC toes..."Deeply concerned" over "Financial disasters" and "Massive overspend"       and making major decisions away from the public eye,   she claims 2nd highest in Wales for keeping press and public out.     have we got a bit of a champion.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »
Depends on how far it all goes back.  She was on CCBC for quite a time.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »
Another nail so to speak......keep them coming......

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2014, 05:47:19 pm »
Depends on how far it all goes back.  She was on CCBC for quite a time.

I think you will find that JFS will jump on whatever band wagon is playing the most popular tune at the time!  Another one who fails to acknowledge correspondence!     :twoface:
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2014, 01:15:52 pm »
I see that the Town Council' website is still woefully lacking in any useful information.

Like to read agendas or minutes of meetings? No chance!

Like to read how your money is raised and spent? No chance!

Like to be able to contact your Councillor by email in the 21st Century? No chance!

If anyone from the Town Council reads this, I beg you to take a look at this Town Council website:
http://www.ryetowncouncil.gov.uk/

It has every meeting agenda, copies of minutes, and details of how every penny is raised and spent - it's not difficult to do, so please DO IT!

Just wanted to bring this FOUR YEAR OLD post up to illustrate that the Llandudno Town Council website is still lacking the most basic of information mentioned above.  &shake&