Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 181550 times)

Offline Jack

Re: Local Politics
« Reply #375 on: April 17, 2012, 08:46:47 pm »
I've had a leaflet from Colin Dale of Radio Sutch.  The manifesto includes at least 2 free rock festivals on the Great Orme with Lord Mostyn and the banks footing the bill; putting double yellow lines around all council offices in order to give them some misery they have given to motorists over the years and finally to bring back the cat and the kittens (am I missing something?)
It was a shame they didn't knock, it would have made for an entertaining conversation.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: April 17, 2012, 09:29:40 pm »
I've had a leaflet from Colin Dale of Radio Sutch.  The manifesto includes at least 2 free rock festivals on the Great Orme with Lord Mostyn and the banks footing the bill; putting double yellow lines around all council offices in order to give them some misery they have given to motorists over the years and finally to bring back the cat and the kittens (am I missing something?)
He would be viewed as the more sensible wing of the Town Council, I suspect....  :laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #377 on: April 18, 2012, 01:50:18 pm »
I just read (and then re-cycled) the pamphlet from the Conservative Town Councillor Gerry Sweeny.

Apart from it being 3 minutes of my life I will never get back, and being low level drivel... I am confused about one thing.

If the Town Council number of seats is under subscribed, then why is this costly canvassing necessary?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #378 on: April 18, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »
Not every Ward is undersubscribed!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #379 on: April 25, 2012, 04:10:45 pm »
I just read (and then re-cycled) the pamphlet from the Conservative Town Councillor Gerry Sweeny.

Apart from it being 3 minutes of my life I will never get back, and being low level drivel... I am confused about one thing.

If the Town Council number of seats is under subscribed, then why is this costly canvassing necessary?
Thanks for the 3 minutes Fester. Gerry

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2012, 11:22:09 pm »
Llandudno Trust / Gerry..... saying 'no offence' probably carries little weight, but its nothing personal, I'm just heartily sick of politicians of ALL persuasions and parties.

In my experience they have little or no power at local level, and never actually deliver on any of the promises they make.

Case in point... our Mayor has very little time left now to deliver on his ONE BIG priority.
That being, ''sorting out the pier pavilion site''   Its not going to happen is it.

At the top of the scale, it seems that even Mr Cameron is powerless to deport one middle aged muslim, and the UK has slipped back into recession.   (not that we ever slipped out of it if we are honest)

I say to all politicians...... GET A PROPER JOB
Fester...

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2012, 11:44:29 pm »
I like Billy Connolly's philosophy, the desire by anyone to be a politician should bar them for life from actually becoming one!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2012, 07:11:53 am »
Quote from: Fester

At the top of the scale, it seems that even Mr Cameron is powerless to deport one middle aged muslim, and the UK has slipped back into recession.   (not that we ever slipped out of it if we are honest)

I say to all politicians...... GET A PROPER JOB

To be fair, that is all down to this EU human rights cobblers, if it was down to me he would have just disappeared in the night!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:42:42 am by DaveR »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2012, 12:00:35 pm »
I have no idea who is standing as only one gentleman, an Independent has bothered to come to the house.  I will viote as I consider it a duty but for whom that's the thing?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2012, 10:50:26 am »
County Council election results can be seen here as they are announced:
http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/mgElectionResults.aspx?ID=15&V=1&RPID=1827251

Town Council election results are here:
http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/mgElectionResults.aspx?ID=16&V=1&RPID=1836809

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2012, 09:17:50 pm »
Looking at various local council results, no doubt some posters will be hacked off with some of the successful candidates, but perhaps now the people have spoken we should let matters rest!

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Local Politics and the Aerial Ladder Platform
« Reply #386 on: May 05, 2012, 05:16:03 pm »
Browsing around the council results further afield in North Wales, I noticed that Sharon Frobisher, chairman of the the North Wales Fire Authority and Denbighshire Cabinet Member, came bottom of the poll in a Prestatyn Ward.  What a shame her effort to retain an ALP in Rhyl at the expense of Llandudno does not seem to have been appreciated by her electorate! Presumably Chief Officer Smith will now be hoping for an equally compliant replacement.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #387 on: May 05, 2012, 08:37:24 pm »
Cambrian it fine to think because the electrate have voted certain people back in that should be the end of it ,sorry not a chance,lets just take the town beach for instance,it a disgrace and none of the CCBC COUNCILLORS HAVE DONE A THING ABOUT IT AND NOW WE HAVE THE SAME SHOWER BACK IN SO WE HAVE NO CHANCE,conservatives would vote for a tramp if he stood for them,so its not the quality of councillors its their party.As for the independants they let Llandudno downas they are all only in it for the money,lets be honest why would anyone want to get involved in a neighbours town and vote on something concerning the town next door.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2012, 12:05:58 am »
So, in summary it was a monumental waste of time and money... once again?

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2012, 08:00:53 am »
It may not be perfect, but what are the alternatives?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas