Author Topic: Local Politics  (Read 181752 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Local Politics
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2012, 11:55:04 am »
Indeed, but the problem in the UK is that the law has always favoured the rich and penalised the poor.

Unfortunately, some of the "so called poor" and others considered "underprivilidged", can't be bothered to get up off their a*r*s*e*s and do a proper job.  They are just content to live off the backs of those who are prepared to do their fair share for society.  I haven't noticed them being penalised!

There are opportunities out the this big wide World if one is prepared to do something about it.   I am sure there are many of us on the Forum who were brought up during WWII and suffered the deprivation and hard times we had in the war years, and for a long time thereafter!   And amongst those are the ones who did work and became successful in their careers and businesses, without any reliance on the State during the hard times.  Life is much too easy now for the scroungers, and there is no justification in robbing those who have been successful, to support them.

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SCMP

« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:22 pm »
I work in Llandudno and mentally chuck cv's into one pile of 'lives to far away'...no car and lives in Colwyn Bay for instance. If their experience is good and the cv is good i will call them but i do have to explain to them about the buses and their wages to see if they still want an interview. I do not dismiss them just because of where they live i'd like to point out  :o

Is somebody had a minimum wage (£6.05ph) part time job of 16 hours a week, 4hr shifts so over 4 days (as many cafes and hotels offer) which works out £3 each way a day on the bus. 2 hours of 4 hours of pay would be spent on the bus?!

So even when people actually get off their bums to get a job they are still penalised!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #362 on: April 11, 2012, 01:11:38 am »
I firmly believe that those of us who work are being taxed out of existence.

Four distinct courses of action need to be followed, and I do not apologise for the over-simplification, as a start needs to be made.

1. Those who do not (or will not) work must be squeezed until it is not an option to not at least attempt to work.

2, Those who DID work, but are now retired must be asked for say 25p per bus fare, and £1.50 towards prescriptions.

3, Those who DO work, but find it hard to make ends meet must get the balance re-dressed by the government.  Here I am advocating a cut in VAT, a cut in fuel duty and easier access to affordable child care at the very least.

4, Those who come to the UK from overseas and contribute LESS than they take from the system must be hastily repatriated to whence they came.... and if they break the law, that should be an IMMEDIATE action.

The country seems badly out of balance now, and unless something drastic is done then social unrest and hardship will only increase.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:08 am »
I firmly believe that those of us who work are being taxed out of existence.

I think that might be true for the lower and medium paid.  It's the extremely highly paid who seem to be paying the last.  I understand some top earners were boasting that they were paying less in tax than their cleaners.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: April 11, 2012, 08:41:01 am »
I understand some top earners were boasting that they were paying less in tax than their cleaners.
How?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: April 11, 2012, 09:40:33 am »
I'll find out,  It was Osborne that claimed he'd heard those boasts.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline penpal

« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2012, 12:06:07 pm »
Re th bus pass etc.  I occasionally use the bus from pen to Conwy or Llandudno.  Its easier than faffing about getting to park BUT the cost of a single ( I usually get hubby to give me a lift back so single only) is £3.60 to Conwy , but if I go to Llandudno its still £3.60 - how does that work

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #367 on: April 16, 2012, 11:38:36 pm »
Is no-one interested in the council elections - not even Yorkie or wrex ? Seems to be much stuff through letter boxes especially in Craigydon.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #368 on: April 16, 2012, 11:48:36 pm »
....and it goes directly into the recycle bin.   As the short answer to your question is NO.

I do wish that valuable time and resources weren't wasted in this way.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: April 16, 2012, 11:52:01 pm »
Re th bus pass etc.  I occasionally use the bus from pen to Conwy or Llandudno.  Its easier than faffing about getting to park BUT the cost of a single ( I usually get hubby to give me a lift back so single only) is £3.60 to Conwy , but if I go to Llandudno its still £3.60 - how does that work
Its the maximum fare, maybe?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2012, 08:52:54 am »
Is no-one interested in the council elections - not even Yorkie or wrex ? Seems to be much stuff through letter boxes especially in Craigydon.

Not had a thing here !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:39 pm »
had vote for Margaret Lyon leaflet through the door this am, hand delivered by her good self,

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2012, 06:03:12 pm »
She obviously only did one side of the road then! Only labour have attempted to deliver one here.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #373 on: April 17, 2012, 06:41:28 pm »

I'm somewhat interested, but having forgotten to put in my nomination papers, and whereby I would have had  a "bye" and got in without the need for voting in my Ward, I am a bit miffed with myself to say the least!    L0L

At least I have some Councillors who listen to me, so I will continue as a Lobbyist instead.    WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #374 on: April 17, 2012, 08:21:31 pm »
Welsh conservative called this evening, makes you feel wanted