Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1028852 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #2970 on: December 31, 2015, 07:46:40 pm »
Sorry.

Bryn Williams at Porth Eirias.

http://portheirias.com/

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2971 on: December 31, 2015, 08:51:13 pm »
Thank you.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2972 on: January 01, 2016, 12:18:31 pm »
Your meal looked and sounded delicious Hollins,  I'll give it a try sometime.       Hope that you enjoyed the rest of the day and Happy New Year to you with many nice holidays to look forward to.

Offline hollins

« Reply #2973 on: January 01, 2016, 02:32:51 pm »
Happy New Year to you too Hugo. I hope you enjoy your meal there as much as we did.

Offline hollins

« Reply #2974 on: January 04, 2016, 09:10:38 am »
This is the reply to my review on Tripadvisor for Bryn Williams at Porth Eirias.
I am getting the impression that Bryn doesn't rate sherry!

"Many thanks hollins1 for writing your review, Your comments have been passed onto Magwen, who greeted you as well as our front of house team. We are continuously training and improving our staff to the standard expected of Bryn Williams. Our drinks list has been created by Bryn Williams. We're delighted you enjoyed the food and experience here and look forward to seeing you again! "

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2975 on: January 04, 2016, 11:38:04 am »
Walked along there on Saturday shame the outside doesn't look good looks a right mess ,, is Bryan Williams ever there .

Offline hollins

« Reply #2976 on: January 04, 2016, 11:55:52 am »
He was busy in the kitchen when we were there.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2977 on: January 06, 2016, 05:00:15 am »
Maybe I am missing something here, but having read this piece several times, I still don't understand Bodnant's rationale for explain how they came to be selling Belgian pork as Welsh cured gammon joint..... or am I missing something?

Certainly a PR flop.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/award-winning-conwy-farm-shop-10688209#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$1
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #2978 on: January 06, 2016, 09:24:45 am »
There do seem to be some quirky things about Bodnant. When I enquired a few months ago if they had any English wine - I had read an article and wanted to try some - a very well spoken young man firmly told me that their "ethos was to promote Welsh produce" and no they did not stock English wine.  He did this apparently oblivious to the irony that his shop was stocked with wine from almost every other country on the planet!

Offline Dave

« Reply #2979 on: January 07, 2016, 05:10:39 pm »
And I thought the citrus fruits they sell were grown in the Orangery in Bodnant gardens. I have been truly deceived!

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #2980 on: January 07, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »

It's very reminiscent of the foot and mouth outbreak on Anglesea. Cumbrian Lamb transported down to the Welsh Country Foods site in Gaerwen where it was processed then packaged and sold on as Welsh.

Never ever believe anything printed on the label unless you are absolutely certain where the contents comes from.   $walesflag$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ajllandudno

« Reply #2981 on: January 07, 2016, 10:51:53 pm »
Not sure how much truth in the 'conversation' I've over heard this evening, however it was about Broadway being sold yesterday........ Was under the belief the trust had till the end of the month to purchess the premises ?? 😕😕

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2982 on: January 08, 2016, 08:41:29 am »
Sad to hear that the Puffin Cafe on the A55 at Penmaenmawr has closed down due to a downturn in trade caused by continual roadworks on that road.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/a55-roadworks-blamed-contributing-closure-10698352

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2983 on: January 08, 2016, 04:35:57 pm »
maybe they bought Broadway

Offline wally

« Reply #2984 on: January 08, 2016, 06:43:03 pm »
I suspect the main reason for the closure of the Puffin cafe is its location. I can't see the attraction of sitting in a cafe overlooking a busy dual carriageway.