Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651047 times)

Offline Yelboh

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1680 on: August 08, 2016, 07:22:52 pm »
Without doubt what it will do is retain more shoppers in Llandudno, as very often shopping missions / destinations are dictated by the all the shops you need - hence if no Primark, let's go to Broughton Park or Chester, and then spend as well, whilst there, at other shops you could have spent at locally.  I am not blind enough to say that this will stop all shopping missions at other localities, but any £ retained locally has to be good, hence I suspect nearly all Llandudno retailers will see this as a good thing.  Curious to understand the 1 year plus expected opening time, I can assure you it doesn't take a year to extend a mezzanine to a full floor.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1681 on: August 09, 2016, 06:45:01 am »
This will bring in the shoppers in from the west more often,those youngsters from Bangor,Angelsey,the Llyn Peninsula etc instead of heading for the border.I wonder if this is why Mostyn estates have put the Tudno Castle on hold,now they have a Primark to market the empty units.I suppose the inclusion of escalators etc etc will take time.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1682 on: August 09, 2016, 10:55:54 am »
A Primark spokesperson said: “The new Primark store, located at Llandudno Retail Park, will cover 30,300 sq ft of retail space and employ 110.” (twice as many as BHS)

Plans to expand the former BHS unit with an extended mezzanine floor and provide the additional space needed by a retailer like Primark have already been approved by Conwy Council.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/primark-llandudno-create-110-jobs-11721724

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1683 on: August 12, 2016, 01:27:31 pm »
A spokeswoman said: "I can confirm that the Primark store will be in the former BHS store."

It is expected that there will be many applicants for jobs at the Primark site - due to open in autumn 2017 - but the firm declined to reveal how recruitment is going at this stage.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/primark-confirms-llandudno-bhs-site-11739633

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1684 on: August 12, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »
Do you guys think we're doing enough Primark stories?  :o
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #1685 on: August 12, 2016, 02:36:48 pm »
Unsure what level of firm recruiting that Primark will be doing at the moment if they are not opening until autumn 2017!

Offline Dave

« Reply #1686 on: August 12, 2016, 05:05:24 pm »
Presume there will be some major alterations to the store if it's not opening for 12 months. I haven't been in there for a long time but it struck me as a ridiculous design to lose 25% of the floor space to thin air and what was left of the upstairs had a cafe which could have had a nice view from the window like Debenhams instead of being in a dark recess overlooking the shop floor.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1687 on: August 12, 2016, 05:15:55 pm »
Not enought on the Tudno Castle Tom,what the hell is the big secret between you [the press] and Mostyn estates

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1688 on: August 12, 2016, 06:45:24 pm »
Not enought on the Tudno Castle Tom,what the hell is the big secret between you [the press] and Mostyn estates

Don't forget the retro shelters they promised for the prom as well to replace the concrete carbuncles...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1689 on: August 12, 2016, 07:10:53 pm »
All going to the Bay.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1690 on: August 12, 2016, 10:42:19 pm »

Don't forget the retro shelters they promised for the prom as well to replace the concrete carbuncles...

Don't hold your breath on the Retro shelters as it would mean Mostyn Estates digging into their pockets and in any event they are too busy collecting eyesores in the town like the former Llandudno Youth Centre, the Castle Hotel  and some secretive involvement with the Pier Pavilion

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1691 on: August 13, 2016, 09:06:56 am »
I was told two years ago by a very good source that the council / Mostyn est had funding for three of the shelters on the prom wonder where that has gone .

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1693 on: August 15, 2016, 09:08:23 am »
No collusion between us and Mostyn, at least not to my knowledge. I'll see if I can get my colleague to chase something up this week on it. I had expected work to start on it a month ago (or more).
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1694 on: August 24, 2016, 10:39:02 am »
Llandudno's Mostyn Champneys shopping park to revamp shop units.

The owners of a shopping park in Llandudno are planning a major revamp to allow the site to compete in “increasingly difficult market conditions”.
Mostyn Champneys Shopping Park was built nearly 30 years ago and the 22 retail units employ several hundred staff in the town.

Owners Hercules Unit Trust (HUT) have been investigating how to revamp the site to modernise the park and ensure shoppers keep coming back in the face of growing competition from online and rival shopping venues.

A spokesman said: “On the basis of the shopping park’s age and the increasingly challenging market conditions facing retailing generally, the park’s owners HUT have considered a number of options for improving the shopping park’s overall appearance and attraction, and the associated shopping experience for customers.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudnos-mostyn-champneys-shopping-park-11789991