Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 650883 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1515 on: November 24, 2015, 07:28:42 pm »
I believe Homebase will close its doors on 30th december.

Very sad - especially for its employees.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1516 on: November 25, 2015, 07:17:41 am »
It was said that Band M store are taking over ,so no job loses but not sure if that is still the case.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1517 on: November 25, 2015, 09:54:05 am »

That's incredibly sad - and bad for the town.

Not really bad for the town as the planned closures of a number of Homebase stores was made some time ago.  The shareholders are quite happy as the overall plans for the Home Retail Group are very attractive.  Many HB stores will remain and greater investment is being made in the Argos side of the Business.  A loss here is regretable but there will be a gain somewhere else. Maybe we will get another cafe!    ZXZ

Another coffee shop with wifi you mean, so people can sip their 3 quid coffees and order cheaper goods off amazon

I have spoken to staff in B & M stores in Bangor and Holyhead recently and both sources said that B & M would be opening in Champneys Llandudno as soon as the confirmation of the closure of Homebase had been finalised. The Bangor source was also the one that correctly confirmed that the opening of B & M in Homebase Holyhead was going ahead back in May well before it was announced.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:53:42 am by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1518 on: November 25, 2015, 10:58:48 am »
Gwynant: I've edited your post to try to make it clearer. For future reference it's best to copy and paste quotes from others into the quotes tabs using the little yellow Quote icon above your main Reply box. For some reason using the Quote button in the line that appears above the person whose quote you're trying to copy is a tad indiscriminate. Best to hit "reply" then use the little speech bubble icon that appears.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1519 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:21 pm »
Gwynant: I've edited your post to try to make it clearer. For future reference it's best to copy and paste quotes from others into the quotes tabs using the little yellow Quote icon above your main Reply box. For some reason using the Quote button in the line that appears above the person whose quote you're trying to copy is a tad indiscriminate. Best to hit "reply" then use the little speech bubble icon that appears.
           Thanks for that advice Ian, I appreciate any help as I do struggle with posting occasionally as I tend to suffer from  technophobic problems!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1520 on: November 25, 2015, 04:09:02 pm »
It's not your fault. All forums seem to suffer the same issue with quoting. Glad to help, anyway.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1521 on: November 29, 2015, 05:52:21 pm »
The old phone shop in Mostyn Street is now another candle shop.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #1522 on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:51 pm »
Not a coffee shop then :)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1523 on: November 30, 2015, 08:44:50 am »
No thank goodness, but I shan't be patronising it.............all those artificial smells. Think I'll open a window ! ;D

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1524 on: November 30, 2015, 05:10:36 pm »
Anyone know what has happened to the cup cake café/ shop in Mostyn Street? It was being emptied this afternoon.

Take a Break is shut at the moment due to flooding.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1525 on: December 02, 2015, 11:02:12 am »
Anyone know what has happened to the cup cake café/ shop in Mostyn Street? It was being emptied this afternoon.

It looks very much as though Cups N Cakes has shut down, sadly. Never nice to see a local business cease trading. :(

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1526 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:40 am »
re your post on What is Llandudno...........................and my post here involving Take a Break, having walked past a few times recently the water has been almost to T a B's front door. A week last Monday the water was actually coming up from the drain outside W H Smith.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1527 on: December 02, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »

It looks very much as though Cups N Cakes has shut down, sadly. Never nice to see a local business cease trading. :(

As I said at the time it opened

Quote from: DaveR on April 27, 2014, 07:58:03 PM
Called into Cups N Cakes in Mostyn Street the other day. It's obviously been set up on quite a tight budget as the interior decor is not as smart as it could be for a high street location. Having said that, the coffee and cup cake were great, so it's certainly worth a visit.

Looks like a nursery to me, why anyone in their right mind would want to pay over 2 quid for a coffee in a place that looks like a nursery is beyond me.

Build a pub there now  Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1528 on: December 03, 2015, 09:15:35 am »
re your post on What is Llandudno...........................and my post here involving Take a Break, having walked past a few times recently the water has been almost to T a B's front door. A week last Monday the water was actually coming up from the drain outside W H Smith.
There's certainly big problems with the drainage in that part of town. It amuses me that CCBC don't seem to have the resources to do something essential like clean out the drains, yet 3 vanloads of staff were despatched to outside the Air Ambulance shop to install what looked like bike racks in the pavement the other day.  &shake&

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1529 on: December 03, 2015, 07:13:24 pm »
I noticed those today and wondered what they were!! :)