Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651014 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1350 on: December 08, 2014, 02:11:01 pm »
No nemesis the one next to paynes , so the bowling alley is going another indoor place lost ,

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1351 on: December 08, 2014, 04:53:39 pm »
Tom, please note Seldons Superbowl is on Mostyn Champneys.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1352 on: December 08, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »
Right you are Bri! You can tell Colwyn Bay is my patch...

After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1353 on: December 10, 2014, 09:54:39 am »
Confirmation today in the Post that Homebase in Llandudno is to close, with the loss of 40 jobs.  :(

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1354 on: December 10, 2014, 10:01:43 am »
That's incredibly sad - and bad for the town. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1355 on: December 10, 2014, 11:49:49 am »

It is indeed very sad, and I have spent much in Homebase over the years.

I always found that their products were a tad better than B&Q, and they had nicely designed furniture, garden furniture, kitchenware and soft furnishings too.
Obviously I was in the minority.   :( :(
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1356 on: December 10, 2014, 12:03:36 pm »
I always thought Homebase was pretty good too.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1357 on: December 10, 2014, 02:27:17 pm »
Same here!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1358 on: December 10, 2014, 04:14:05 pm »
I thought we where getting another tat shop BandM store,so jobs are not lost.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1359 on: December 10, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »

Not really bad for the town as the planned closures of a number of Homebase stores was made some time ago.  The shareholders are quite happy as the overall plans for the Home Retail Group are very attractive.  Many HB stores will remain and greater investment is being made in the Argos side of the Business.  A loss here is regretable but there will be a gain somewhere else. Maybe we will get another cafe!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1360 on: December 10, 2014, 05:11:13 pm »

Not really bad for the town as the planned closures of a number of Homebase stores was made some time ago.  The shareholders are quite happy as the overall plans for the Home Retail Group are very attractive.  Many HB stores will remain and greater investment is being made in the Argos side of the Business.  A loss here is regretable but there will be a gain somewhere else. Maybe we will get another cafe!    ZXZ

Another coffee shop with wifi you mean, so people can sip their 3 quid coffees and order cheaper goods off amazon

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1361 on: December 10, 2014, 07:21:06 pm »

Another coffee shop with wifi you mean, so people can sip their 3 quid coffees and order cheaper goods off amazon

I have spoken to staff in B & M stores in Bangor and Holyhead recently and both sources said that B & M would be opening in Champneys Llandudno as soon as the confirmation of the closure of Homebase had been finalised. The Bangor source was also the one that correctly confirmed that the opening of B & M in Homebase Holyhead was going ahead back in May well before it was announced.

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #1362 on: December 12, 2014, 11:27:30 am »
I noticed in the Pioneer an advert regarding the former William Glover store in Mostyn Street saying 'coming soon, new levels of rest and relaxation' and to keep an eye out in the nest edition for more info. Does anyone know about this? That teasing reference could stand for either a new furniture shop or even a spa I guess. It's a mystery. Big shop though and not one I would like to rent if I didn't have a solid business idea. The rent and rates will be huge.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1363 on: December 12, 2014, 01:27:11 pm »
If you walk past the shop, you will see a few beds and matresses already in there on the floor and also up against the wall.

We noticed them at least a couple of weeks ago.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1364 on: December 12, 2014, 02:08:14 pm »
I noticed in the Pioneer an advert regarding the former William Glover store in Mostyn Street saying 'coming soon, new levels of rest and relaxation' and to keep an eye out in the nest edition for more info. Does anyone know about this? That teasing reference could stand for either a new furniture shop or even a spa I guess. It's a mystery. Big shop though and not one I would like to rent if I didn't have a solid business idea. The rent and rates will be huge.

I walked past there this morning and there were some guys working inside and a load of posters on the windows about "the benefits of a good night's sleep", "how long the average person spends in bed", etc, etc, so I think it's a safe bet it's going to be (another) bed shop.