Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 651058 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #885 on: September 22, 2013, 09:31:17 pm »
Annual rent.

Offline Minime

« Reply #886 on: September 23, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »
Thanks Andy.  Do they have RO water?  My marine is 180 plus 80 sump and i only have a little unit so may need to run out for some to get it up and running quicker. 

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #887 on: September 23, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »
Thanks Andy.  Do they have RO water?  My marine is 180 plus 80 sump and i only have a little unit so may need to run out for some to get it up and running quicker.

Unfortunately I don't know, we've got a bog standard tropical tank that we fill from the tap (although when I win the lottery a marine tank is top of the list of things to buy along with a Yellow Spotted Boxfish).

The two Rhyl shops both have websites, although one is a bit more detailed than the other.  Neither seem to mention supplying water but it might be worth contacting them.  I used to go in both shops quite a bit when I worked in Rhyl and the people in both shops are very helpful.

http://www.seaworldaquatics.co.uk/articles/about_us
http://www.rhylaquaria.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #888 on: September 23, 2013, 09:13:51 pm »
  Thanks Dave for the Finneys rent answer. I suppose for the square yard area this looks a bargain, but then again its position is certainly not of the best.Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #889 on: September 23, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »
  Thanks Dave for the Finneys rent answer. I suppose for the square yard area this looks a bargain, but then again its position is certainly not of the best.Mike
If it was on the other side of the street, it would be worth the money...maybe.

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #890 on: September 23, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »
Ref tropical fish ... my son has a marine tank and gets all his stuff from the Pancake House (not sure what the fish part is called!) near the Groes Hotel, the road towards Rowen where the otters are.  Last acquisition was a strange eel thing that was white - it started eating all the coral so was taken back and swapped for something a bit less hungry!!!

Offline Minime

« Reply #891 on: September 23, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »
I gave up on the coral, too much care needed then i got shrimps which thought they were very tasty.  Got this little sponge crab called Bob who picks bits of coral polyps and sticks them to his back so he looks kinda funky :)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #892 on: October 04, 2013, 11:34:04 am »
66 Mostyn st under offer,the shop next to Town House.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #893 on: October 05, 2013, 09:04:13 pm »
Ref tropical fish ... my son has a marine tank and gets all his stuff from the Pancake House (not sure what the fish part is called!) near the Groes Hotel, the road towards Rowen where the otters are.  Last acquisition was a strange eel thing that was white - it started eating all the coral so was taken back and swapped for something a bit less hungry!!!

The place is called Conwy Water Gardens - http://www.conwywatergardens.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=521.

The last time we went was years ago and we found the tropical fish tanks were in an absolutely disgusting state. The water was filthy, the tanks were infested with little snails (not the kind you want in your tank) and a lot of them had dead fish bobbing about in them.  There's no way anyone in their right mind would have introduced any of the fish from there into their tank because they were probably all riddled with disease.  We've never been back, it's not the sort of place you ever find yourself passing by chance, but it might be ok now.  It certainly couldn't be any worse.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #894 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:50 pm »
66 Mostyn st under offer,the shop next to Town House.
$good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #895 on: October 05, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »

The place is called Conwy Water Gardens - http://www.conwywatergardens.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=103&Itemid=521.

The last time we went was years ago and we found the tropical fish tanks were in an absolutely disgusting state. The water was filthy, the tanks were infested with little snails (not the kind you want in your tank) and a lot of them had dead fish bobbing about in them.  There's no way anyone in their right mind would have introduced any of the fish from there into their tank because they were probably all riddled with disease.  We've never been back, it's not the sort of place you ever find yourself passing by chance, but it might be ok now.  It certainly couldn't be any worse.

Andy, I was there just recently, I can confirm that the standards are very high, and lots of employees keeping things clean and impressive.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian48

« Reply #896 on: October 08, 2013, 11:02:05 am »
Slightly disappointed to learn that according to the plans submitted to the council for signage, that the large premises beneath Marlborough Place next to the Post Office is to be a British Heart Foundation furniture and electricals store.

Having seen these in other towns, they do look rather like glorified junk shops.  I would have hoped that such a prominent site would get a better quality tenant than that.  I am not against charity shops per se, but there are already a lot in town and the British Heart Foundation already have an existing store.

I for one hope this doesn't come to pass (though it probably will).

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #897 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:35 am »
The rent for that unit at one time was something like £120k, so they must either be getting a substantial discount or plan on doing very well there.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #898 on: October 08, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »
£70,000 onone site,no to second hand shop.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #899 on: October 08, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »
I don;t think a charity shop opposite the Tudno Castle hotel is going to help Mostyn estates with letting the site.