Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 650918 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #600 on: November 08, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »
I popped down to Comet today (after seeing the Sale mentioned here) .. I needed some accessories anyway and I was pleased to get a 10 to 15% discount.

Unlike JJB, Comet are discounting by a sensible degree, given the nature of the product and the low profit margin attached to it.   So, no need to stampede down there, they ain't giving it away.

Did you buy the new Motörhead headphones.
http://www.motorheadphones.com/en
Valar Morghulis

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #601 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »
 We had a quick look at Comet this morning, they had 10 per cent off TV sets, but what would you do if there is a problem and the retailer has gone bust? We didn't feel like taking the risk!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #602 on: November 08, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »
Certainly not.

Motorhead should be HEARD and inflicted on EVERYONE, and never hidden by headphones or ear-plugs.  Thats a cop out!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2012, 08:01:00 pm »
Certainly not.

Motorhead should be HEARD and inflicted on EVERYONE, and never hidden by headphones or ear-plugs.  Thats a cop out!

I was thinking more sell out myself.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #604 on: November 08, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »
????????   Hang on ... I'm replying to SDQ in my last post ... but it wouldn't include the 'quote' when replying.

I have this situation before, it happens..... but only every now and again.   A glitch?
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:55 pm »
????????   Hang on ... I'm replying to SDQ in my last post ... but it wouldn't include the 'quote' when replying.

I have this situation before, it happens..... but only every now and again.   A glitch?
Yes....with your laptop.  :rage:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:54 pm »
Nice to see 3 units under offer on the Shopproperty site,unit ,unit 19 and unit 33a,it would be nice to see them all taken up,especially unit 10 which is the only unit that has never been let properly,its the one next to boots,book publishers had it for a bit but nothing solid, so good luck to the Victoria Center.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #607 on: November 14, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
Isn't that the same one that The Gift Company recently relocated into, which is next door to Boots?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #608 on: November 14, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »
Isn't that the same one that The Gift Company recently relocated into, which is next door to Boots?
Correct. It was J. G  Gibbons when the centre originally opened.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #609 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:24 pm »
That shows you how often i go shopping,my apologies.That is a good move then,there must be a lot more room in there ,a pleasant shop to visit ,especially around xmas.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #610 on: November 15, 2012, 08:38:18 am »
Some lovely things, but also alot of Christmas stuff that doesn't appeal to me. Not keen on odd looking reindeer etc ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #611 on: November 15, 2012, 08:50:04 am »
Apparently, it is owned by a young local couple who have 22 shops throughout England and Wales.

Perhaps, CCBC and/or Job Centre Plus should invite them into our local secondary schools and Job Centres to give inspirational talks on how they achieved their success.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #612 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37:10 pm »
          I was in Wrexham today, and I went to Mountain Warehouse Outdoor Clothing etc. in the Eagle's Meadow development as I always do when I am there, but I was horrified to see "Closing down sale, Everything must go" signs in the window.When I asked what the reason was for the signs, and asked if the company had gone bust, (having received an e-mail only this morning advertising their products and discounts which I get on a regular basis) the member of staff said that the lease was coming to an end and they were looking to relocate to the High Street in Wrexham when suitable (larger and cheaper) premises becomes available there, as the price of the new lease was extortionate. He said that the parent company is thriving and is now the biggest player in their field but they refused to pay the new lease price asked by the developers.
          I hadn't been to Wrexham for about nine months or so but it seemed to me that the High Street was much busier and many more shops are being re-occupied than when I was last there, whereas the Eagle's Meadow complex was considerably quieter. Wouldn't it be nice if this was a forerunner of things come in town centres in general?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #613 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:59 pm »
We went for a stroll around the Llandudno Christmas Fayre this evening. These fayres are a development of the European fayres, which originated in Germany and I have to say this one has missed the boat in one important respect.  In Berlin - ior anywhere in Germany - the single most impressive characteristic of their fayres is beautifully designed Christmas lighting. Mopst of the fayres also have a centrepiece - a giant illuminated clock tower for instance - but the Llandudno one is notable by the absence of any real illuminations.  It's the LED displays, the delightfully quirky lighting - that make these fayres worth visiting. The Llandudno fayre is a shadow of what it ought to be. Extremely disappointing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #614 on: November 16, 2012, 12:17:38 am »
In the UK, many towns and cities have a bonafide Xmas Market.

That being, a collection of kiosks, stalls, bars, street entertainers, musicians and eateries which spans about a 14 day timeframe.
They usually have a Bier Keller, or central tent which can accomodate a few hundred people.
Entrance is always unrestricted, and free of charge.

The Llandudno event is on a much smaller scale, and you can do the whole thing in 30 minutes sadly, and it costs a quid to enter!
Fester...