Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 665361 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #585 on: October 16, 2012, 04:13:18 pm »
My elderly neighbour paid over £40.00 for a cut and set !

I'm going to retrain as a Hairdresser!   $good$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline nwpo

« Reply #586 on: October 19, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »
Don't think its really shops, but I understand that the Total petrol station (LSP) next to Broadway and Venue Cymru is currently under offer.

Bearing in mind Pentraeth are supposed to be building this car supermarket thing on the old Hotpoint, what's the betting it could become a Te$co Express (just speculating on that one though).

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #587 on: October 19, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »
Oscar tells me that it is the bar above Pebbles that is for sale, not the chip shop. He also said that the car dealership coming to Junction is not Pentraeth but a national dealer.

Offline nwpo

« Reply #588 on: October 20, 2012, 07:23:15 pm »
As I understand it (from people who work for them), VW Group have put in for the planning permission with the site to be managed by CJ Automotive who have taken over Pentraeth and recently took over the Skoda and VW franchises from Slaters as Slaters didn't want to spend the money to improve their showrooms.

Offline dogstail

« Reply #589 on: October 28, 2012, 07:04:56 pm »
Talking about M&S there toilets are disgracful.  I hope they are improving them aswell with all the work they are doing there.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #590 on: October 28, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »
Going back a couple of posts.  Love them or hate them, it must be said that Slaters have been selling cars for eighty --- yes eighty years . They have seen many,many car sales businesses come and go in that time, so if they think its not the time to spend cash on new showrooms, who can argue.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #591 on: October 28, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »
Going back a couple of posts.  Love them or hate them, it must be said that Slaters have been selling cars for eighty --- yes eighty years . They have seen many,many car sales businesses come and go in that time, so if they think its not the time to spend cash on new showrooms, who can argue.

That being said I found it a strange decision to sell off their Pensarn site to a direct competitor and in the process cutting all ties to VAG. I would have thought there was a certain kudos to selling their cars as opposed to the other marques they sell.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Dave

« Reply #592 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:29 pm »
A walk around Marine Drive today gave good views of the new supermarket that's being built in Llys Helig Drive. Bit short on parking space but handy for the locals. ;)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »
Do I take it that they sell Magic Mushrooms? :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Dave

« Reply #594 on: October 29, 2012, 07:05:27 pm »
The person who designed it can't have been as it shows very little in creative design.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #595 on: October 29, 2012, 10:20:53 pm »
A walk around Marine Drive today gave good views of the new supermarket that's being built in Llys Helig Drive. Bit short on parking space but handy for the locals. ;)

What's this?   What's this??  I say
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Is Comet in Llandudno included?
« Reply #596 on: November 08, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »
Electronics retailer Comet has announced a "massive stock liquidation" ahead of store closures as early as next week.

The sale, which began at 9am on Thursday, is only available in its 236 stores, with customers unable to buy products online.

The electrical chain said gift vouchers would be accepted on sale items, following the temporary suspension of the tokens over the weekend.

But it warned customers it will not offer refunds, and any items ordered before the company went into administration that have not been paid for will not be delivered.

Comet's administrators Deloitte are in the process of winding down the business following its collapse on Friday, which leaves 6,600 jobs hanging in the balance.

But rival Dixons, which owns Currys and PC World, postponed hiring 3,000 Christmas staff by a week to allow Comet staff to apply.

It said it was "amazed" by the number of Comet employees that had enquired about positions so far.

Deloitte has been attempting to find a buyer for the business, but reports suggest stores could start to be closed next week.

If the chain does collapse, it will become one of the biggest high street casualties since Woolworths

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #597 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »
Yes - Comet is currently competing with JJB Sports store next door to it  to see who can have the biggest "Closing Down - Everything Must Go" Signs

Offline Jack

« Reply #598 on: November 08, 2012, 05:30:41 pm »
Oscar mentioned on Twitter that a sweet emporium is opening up in the Victoria Centre!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #599 on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:56 pm »
I popped down to Comet today (after seeing the Sale mentioned here) .. I needed some accessories anyway and I was pleased to get a 10 to 15% discount.

Unlike JJB, Comet are discounting by a sensible degree, given the nature of the product and the low profit margin attached to it.   So, no need to stampede down there, they ain't giving it away.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -