Author Topic: Say Hello here if you're a new member  (Read 100131 times)

Buff Orpington

Re: Say Hello here if you're a new member
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »
Hello Fester

Thanks for the welcome.

Truth be told I was born in Carlton a tiny farming village that was nearer Wakefield than Leeds (but no one willingly admits to coming from 'Wakey' though do they?) But I spent most of the last 30 years in Leeds.

One of the things I miss most from Yorkshire is the lovely Salts's Mill up the road from Bradford in Saltaire, rarely a month went by without a visit there.

I agree with your opinion of Whitby, I'd exhausted it's potential within the first month. The best thing was the Whitby to Robin Hoods Bay walk, but the 'town' (more like big village) seems to be little more than tea rooms, chip shops, charity shops and PUBS (way too many for such a small place). Bit 'lively' on a weekend too with Stag/Hen do's from the North East.

Had a nice day here today, took a walk to Colwyn Bay and back. I'm doing Conwy tomorrow weather permitting. I have a list of about twenty walks I intend doing (list is increasing all the time) the walking here is amazing I'm in my element.

Need to get better accommodation though (very 'laddish' place I'm in at the moment) so if you know anyone nice who is after a lodger please let me know.

Regards

BUFF

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2013, 09:41:44 pm »
Buff,  I can guarantee that the weather will be fine for your walks this weekend.  $good$

Wakefield??  Embarrassing??............. why do you think I got out of Bradford!!

One great thing about Whitby, it had the best fresh seafood and shellfish I have ever had.

Mmmmmm Crab!  $dins$ $dins$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline AndyC

« Reply #242 on: May 05, 2013, 05:08:26 pm »
Hello.

Just joined.  My name is Andy and I live in the Bay.  I work at Rydal Penrhos and am Chairman of the North Wales Junior Chess Association.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #243 on: May 05, 2013, 05:14:11 pm »
Hello Buff,  welcome to the forum.

From Leeds eh?.......Most here are very friendly, apart from me... because I'm from Bradford!   $angry1$    :laugh: :laugh:

Whitby is very nice, but gets boring after a while.

Hey Fest--- you aint the only Yorkshire person here !! I was born in Huddersfield.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2013, 05:22:26 pm »
Hi, Andy. Welcome aboard, and may you enjoy the odd ganbit.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Buff Orpington

« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
Hello.

Just joined.  My name is Andy and I live in the Bay.  I work at Rydal Penrhos and am Chairman of the North Wales Junior Chess Association.

Hello Andy.

BUFF

Buff Orpington

« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2013, 06:01:12 pm »
Hey Fest--- you aint the only Yorkshire person here !! I was born in Huddersfield.

It seems we are legion.

BUFF

Offline sam

« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2013, 11:27:05 pm »
Hello new members :) Buff...was just wondering what's the chicken thing about or have I missed something? It's just that when I saw your name I recognized it as a breed of chicken (the only one I know and I know not much else about chickens except how to cook 'em) and then noticed the avatar pic. Just curious  :)
P.S. Oh yeah I know Bantams too!

Buff Orpington

« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2013, 05:01:29 pm »
Hello Sam

Thanks for the welcome.

No great thought behind Buff Orpington, the name amused me and I've had it as a username on a couple of forums I've been on it always evokes comments. This one on Checkhookboxing is a favourite of mine:

Everyone loves a bit of Buff.

BUFF

Offline sam

« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »
......and goodbye.....  ???

Offline rhos.rover

« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2013, 02:28:13 pm »
......and goodbye.....  ???

:laugh:
Well put Sam

As always I missed everything. Only just catching up on events today.

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »
Hello
Justice for the 96

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »
Stumbled across this site because I saw a bloke with a monkey in a pram, spandau ballet on his CD player, walking down the road by the cross keys. Went home to Liverpool, googled it and this forum popped up! Joined, lurked for a while and now me and Paula are back here for the airshow in The Arvon, thought I'd say hello. Lovin that fella with the monkey by the way! Dave R, boss photos mate, paula is convinced that's me and her on the pier in the rain. She wants to buy a copy mate if that's possible and get it framed. Hope we might meet a couple of you lot over the weekend. Nice one, Alan and Paula. X
Justice for the 96

Offline jeanus44

Another Newbie!
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2013, 05:44:31 pm »
Hi, my name is Jean and I've just moved up to Llandudno from Shrewsbury in Shropshire with my husband Dave..We have been visiting the area for several years now and always said we would love to live here..Dave was born in North Wales and has family all across the coast..We moved in March and it was a big thing for me having lived in the same village for 56 years...Thats all my life if you were wondering  :o ..Now we are here I think its the best move we ever made..We are loving the new life...Dave is retired and I was made redundant 2 years ago..Prior to being made redundant I had a bad shoulder injury at work so now I find I cannot work..I would love to make some new friends in the area so anyone who wants to natter on here or maybe one of the chat programmes would be great..I am on Facebook so please get in touch if you want a new friend!  :)
Feel free to ask me anything!  $thanx$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:09 pm »
Welcome Jean, you should enjoy it here!  $3towns$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas