Author Topic: Say Hello here if you're a new member  (Read 100156 times)

Offline Bigmurph

Re: Say Hello here if you're a new member
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2013, 07:49:56 pm »
Hello everyone  I am working on the redevelopment of the railway station for bgcl nice town and good people dave rs photos are great dave if u want to come to site and keep a record of the works u r more than welcome I am sure we can arrange something regards mike murphy bgcl

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2013, 07:52:21 am »
Nice offer, Bm. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2013, 08:23:14 am »
Thank you, Mike, I will be in touch.  $good$

Offline Lyndylou

« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:27 pm »
Hi ..........  another newbie for you.

We, myself and "him indoors", are a couple of young at heart, early retirees and looking to relocate to Llandudno. We hope this forum will be a mine of information for us. Bear with us as there will be a lot of questions  ;)

L.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2013, 01:49:13 pm »
Welcome, L.  Hope you enjoy the place.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »
Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to ask away, we're good at answering questions!  ;D

Offline Ajllandudno

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »
Lived in llandudno all my life, looking for a wedding venue for 2014 but catch being I (we) would like to hire land on the great Orme (west shore area) llys helyg drive would be perfect venue, looking at 200 guests for day/night. Marquee hire too. If anybody knows where I can start looking please let me know

Offline hardknox

• School Of Hardknox
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »
my names hardknox, youll probably know me if youre from the bay as ive lived there all my life. why i am called that,,well i came up the hard way,,not complaining just the way it was back then

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2013, 10:14:14 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.  Always good to have more representation from Colwyn Bay.  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2013, 09:48:22 am »
Welcome to the Forum Hardknox.

I suppose there is no point asking which ''school'' you went to?   :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Buff Orpington

« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2013, 10:25:04 am »
Hello

From Leeds originally I took early retirement at 50 (due to health issues) and decided to move to the seaside/countryside. My choices were between Seaford (East Sussex) Whitby (North Yorks) and Llandudno (all good walking areas, my main pastime). Unable to choose I decided to spend a few months in each before deciding on one.

I spent a year in and around Seaford, two months in Whitby (other than the walking that was a little disappointing and is now out of the equation) and as of April 20th I've been in Llandudno (well Penrhyn Bay to be precise).

Must be said (and I say this with sincerity, it’s not a facile attempt to win favour with the forum) Llandudno has been the friendliest and most welcoming this far. I’m hoping to spend the summer here at least before I make my final choice.

This forum has been a happy discovery and a very useful source of local knowledge.

Regards

BUFF

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2013, 10:55:29 am »
Good to have you here, Buff; Llandudno is a friendly town, by and large, and there's a fair bit happening.  This weekend will give you some idea of what a willing and exceptionally hard-working team of volunteers can achieve.

Buff Orpington

« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2013, 11:12:05 am »
Hello Ian

Thanks for the welcome  :)

I'm taking a look at the V.E tomorrow, looking forward to it. Very keen on volunteering myself due to some degree of disability I am limited to what I can do but I've already been in touch with: http://cvsc.org.uk/ to see what's available in the area.

Early days but really enjoying myself thus far, I'm two mins away from the Little Orme/Angel Bay here utter joy for a keen walker.

Do have some issues with my accommodation but I hope to find somewhere more suitable in the coming weeks.

Regards

BUFF

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2013, 12:20:44 pm »
There are plenty of helpful and knowledgeable folk here  on the forum, Buff, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »
Hello Buff,  welcome to the forum.

From Leeds eh?.......Most here are very friendly, apart from me... because I'm from Bradford!   $angry1$    :laugh: :laugh:

Whitby is very nice, but gets boring after a while.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -