Author Topic: Say Hello here if you're a new member  (Read 100148 times)

Offline Tosh

Re: Say Hello here if you're a new member...
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2012, 04:02:46 pm »
This is very interesting, Craigside bath house, mmmmmm.
It must be on the Little Orme.
I'm like a kid with a new toy.
Keep browsing.
Tosh

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
Re: New Member
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »
 D) What wonderful old photos of an old Llandudno Tosh. The streets look like they were when I was a kid. Must have been taken from a Sopwith Camel! Llandudno foolball ground; Jackson's fields; a naked Conwy Road; an almost naked Queens Road going straight up to join Conwy Road; the Oval cricket ground surrounded by empty fields and St Serial's Road backing onto empty fields and best of all, very few motors.  $good$ Cheers.

Mike.
Micox

Offline edwin

Hello, New Member to this Forum
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:16 am »
Hello

I am new to the forum, and although I live miles away, My mother and her family are from Old Colwyn, a long time ago now they moved to Cheshire.  Llandudno, Conwy and Old Colwyn have all played a massive part in my life, and Llandudno really is my favourite place, somewhere I come when I need cheering up, I feel relaxed and comfortable in Llandudno.

We used to Holiday there when I was younger and have great days out, the one I allways remember was the one in 1993 (I think, please correct if I am wrong), we had parked on the front down by Bodofon Fields, I had been pestering my mum and dad for me to go for a paddle in the sea, being somewhat younger then.  We were in town when the most horrific thunderstorm started, we ended up going back into some of the many corner toy shops in town, and finally one gave us some black bin bags to make some make do coats from, upon running back to the car, at the other end of the Prom, I got my paddle I had been asking for, I remember water pouring up out of the drains etc.  This is now one of my earlier memories.

More recently, I try to come to Llandudno several times a year, and the yearly trip is for the victorian fair, I normally help look after a steam engine during the day, and the Charabanc that leads the parade, and then I ride a Penny Farthing of an early evening.

I may just one day live in Llandudno, that would be really nice!

Anyway it is late and I have a big Job on tomorow, so will sign off, but look forward to lots of interesting threads on here, and hope being a "foreigner", not living in the towns, I am still Welcome to take part in the forum?

Best Regards

Edwin

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Hello, New Member to this Forum
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:08 am »
What a lovely introduction Edwin and welcome.
There are many "foreigners" to the forum including myself. One regular contributor is from Holland.
I hope you find lots to interest you as I have done.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2012, 07:29:21 am »
That was the year of the floods in the area.  It was on 10 June to be precise the day after my children's birthday.   

Welcome to this august Forum and enjoy!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ludo

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2012, 07:39:23 am »
Hello Edwin - Croeso!

I am Ludo, (the regular contributor from Holland) and I wish you 'veel plezier' (much pleasure) here in the 3 Towns...
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline kafan54

Another new member
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2012, 09:58:58 pm »
Hi

I've been visiting Llandudno and Conwy since I was very young and absolutely love the area.  We are thinking of moving to Llandudno and see it as a second home already.

Offline Blodyn

Re: Another new member
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »
Welcome, Kafan54.  We'll look forward to hearing more from you.   :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2012, 10:03:24 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, Kafan54!  :)   $good$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2012, 10:32:23 pm »
welcome kafan54 I'm sure you,l not be sorry if you do move to llandudno.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2012, 11:28:20 am »
welcome kafan54 I'm sure you,l not be sorry if you do move to llandudno.
have you been at the sherry Snowcap  :roll:
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: Say Hello here if you're a new member
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
grouse, Pen.

Offline MPM

« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2012, 08:54:27 pm »
Hello 3 Towns!  I was given details of this site by a very helpful chap in a shop Mostyn Street yesterday.  I had a very old photograph of what used to be my grandfather's family business which showed the frontage of their shop with a 'charabang' in front carrying what I think were their staff who were ready for their annual day out. The business's name was J. Roberts and they were drapers, furriers, milliners and the shop covered what is actually 4 shops now, with the Bengal Dynasty over the top :)  At first this guy thought I was mistaken but when he took a closer look and saw the detail of the canopy and the upstairs windows he agreed that it was.  I have another photo of the family home which was in St Mary's Rd and the house was named "Coolbawn" but having walked the length of the road we can't find one which still has that name but then again, this was a long time ago... My mum was born in Llandudno and her father's name was Gwilym Roberts but her parents separated when she was just 5 and her mother took her back to her home city of Norwich where she grew up.  I have photos but not much information as unfortunately my mum didn't like to talk about her childhood - what a shame :(
Still, we ended up growing up in Lancashire so not so far away from Llandudno after all and I've visited the town for many years as I love it.  It's only in recent years that my brothers and sister and myself have really started to wonder if we could find out more about our Welsh roots.  It's a long shot as it's going back a long time - my eldest brother is 62! but maybe posting on here might help us find out more. 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »
Welcome, MPM :-)) Plenty of help here, in several topics. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline MPM

« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2012, 09:43:24 pm »
Thank you Ian. I will certainly try to make the time to have a good look around, but if anyone can help point me in the right direction then I will be very grateful ;)