Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 644484 times)

Offline Sara

Re: Community TV -
« Reply #900 on: October 14, 2013, 11:27:34 pm »
My little grandson was on your clip of this years extravaganza, he loves seeing himself on it.

Offline TVConwy

« Reply #901 on: October 16, 2013, 10:37:53 am »
Thank you sara-glad we gave him 5 minutes of fame-

Offline TVConwy

« Reply #902 on: October 18, 2013, 12:04:33 pm »
TVConwy will be filming at the Cambrian Rally today and tomorrow (Sat 19th Oct)-

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #903 on: October 25, 2013, 02:05:30 pm »
Speaking to people in Conwy, there are very mixed feelings regarding the food festival. It doesn't appear that either local traders or residents are very impressed.

I wonder who benefits from the event considering the disruption it causes. Would there not be a better location for the event? As far as I am concerned, I've been every year, and each year it seemed a little bit worse than the year before. I won't be going this year. 
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline MarkJ

« Reply #904 on: October 25, 2013, 03:22:16 pm »
I'm a bit confused about the food festival in Conwy, I'm assuming it's nothing more than a big food market throughout the town... but from speaking to people they've said I would have to pay in order to access the market. How does that work?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #905 on: October 25, 2013, 04:14:26 pm »
I'm a bit confused about the food festival in Conwy, I'm assuming it's nothing more than a big food market throughout the town... but from speaking to people they've said I would have to pay in order to access the market. How does that work?

you probably have to pay to get in the tent - that's what Llandudno did. Bit silly if you ask me, forcing potential customers to have to pay will surely put people off. It would me.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #906 on: October 25, 2013, 04:21:56 pm »
And the traders pay no rates and just take business away from the local shops.  Someone is making a packet out of it, and it's not the ratepayers!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #907 on: October 25, 2013, 06:21:36 pm »
£ 8.00 to get in.  :(

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #908 on: October 25, 2013, 07:05:15 pm »
£ 8.00 to get in.  :(

:o I won't be going!

I could go and see a band for that and that is worth more of my doubloons than a load of stalls and a few bars.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #909 on: October 25, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »
£8!!  :o that's like paying to get into Asda!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #910 on: October 25, 2013, 07:32:01 pm »
It's like paying to go into a muddy field to spend hard earned (for some) money to relieve other people of rubbish from their car boot or ricketty pasting tables!   Or even, so called, Antique Fairs in Church And Town Halls.

M & S, BHS, C & A, and Billy Lals could snap up the idea of charging, so watch this space! :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #911 on: October 26, 2013, 01:06:21 am »
I am a F##King angry Fester tonight.
You see, I went round to the Conwy Feast and spent lots of dosh on the booze and food available, it was shaping up very nicely. We spent a lot of dosh in the Champagne bar, and the outside wine bar.
Then, we went into the Live Music tent and enjoyed the live music which was getting only muted response.
Local bands and musicians were doing their best, and some good talent on display.
But then, when two young local lads danced in front of the stage (harmlessly), the minimum-wage idiotic security guys waded in, and physically threw them out!
This is outrageous, and when I followed them outside to protest against this, they didn't seem to understand who was in charge or even why they had done it.
In other words, they are minimum wage bullies, spoiling for a fight.  They weren't so tough when confronted by an irate 50 year old, they can only knock teenage kids about.
Local lads in this area don't have much money by and large, and not many outlets. So why are they treated so shabbily when they spend the few quid they have got at a local event??

A great night was ruined by trigger-happy bullies. 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #912 on: October 26, 2013, 03:55:11 am »
The majority of the security are unpaid volunteers, surprised there were paid security  there. The stampede over the bridge when the light show finished, and they opened the road was frightening, hundreds of people trying to cross the bridge being jostled and shoved by some drunken oafs.  &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #913 on: October 26, 2013, 10:44:03 am »
when two young local lads danced in front of the stage (harmlessly), the minimum-wage idiotic security guys waded in, and physically threw them out!

Are you sure they got thrown out just for dancing in front of the stage? Were they pushing each other and rough housing?
Either way, ranting on here isn't going to do much why don't you send an e mail to the organizers.
Was Kev Chin in charge of the security again?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:40:48 am by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #914 on: October 26, 2013, 11:55:25 am »
B2R:  I've edited your posts twice to remove over-long quotes. If you want to quote someone's post, it's better to simply copy and paste the relevant bits and use the little 'quote' icon

[smg id=3247]

to insert it as a quote. Quoting entire posts rends to make people ignore them.  If you're not sure how to copy and paste, it's all in our FAQs..

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=faq
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.