Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 626403 times)

Offline martin

Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #675 on: January 30, 2012, 08:28:10 pm »
JasonW - Don't suppose we can celebrate yet, I really do not trust these people, as you say, is it just another delaying tactic? ,   That said, if the costs made against Muller is true that is indeed good news, hitting them in the pocket.   Please post any further news if you hear anything more.
DaveR - What would an estate agent do with the site?  They may just be interested in getting the site at a knock down price and sitting on it until the financial situation improves, which would leave us back to square one.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #676 on: January 31, 2012, 09:37:34 am »
Buying that site for £38k seems like a pretty good deal, depending upon what they intend to do with it. Why could CCBC not have bought it and just cleared the site, then grassed it over?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #677 on: February 01, 2012, 09:54:19 am »
THE chink of glasses and Iechyd Da! marked the launch of a new pub run by four local breweries.

The Albion Ale House in Uppergate Street, one of Conwy’s oldest hostelries, was officially reopened yesterday. It has been bought by a businessman who asked four local breweries – Bragdy Conwy Brewery, Bragdy’r Gogarth (Great Orme Brewery), Bragdy Nant Brewery (Llanrwst) and Bragdy Mws Piws (Purple Moose Brewery, Porthmadog) to run it for him.

The pub retains many original features including one of the best examples of a 1920s bar in Wales.

It’s believed this is the first time four competing breweries have joined forces to open a pub.

Mws Piws’ Lawrence Washington said: “People can come here and experience something they might not get in everyday pubs.”

Albion manager Stuart Chapman-Edwards, 35, said: “It’s a very exciting project. It’s going to be a pub for people who want a good quality product in good quality surroundings.

“It’s a passion of mine, real ale. The big draw is each of the ales from all the four breweries. We will have a good range of six to seven different ales served in rotation.”

Mayor of Conwy, councillor Anne Roberts, said at yesterday’s opening: “The fact that four small businesses have got together I think is a wonderful achievement. I hope the public will come and support you. I am sure they will because it is something different.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/02/01/breweries-raise-a-glass-to-pub-venture-in-conwy-55578-30239604/

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #678 on: February 01, 2012, 10:36:10 am »
An interesting concept!
Its like a shop run by its main suppliers.
I wish them all the best, and I hope it gets heavily publicised by the likes of CAMRA, because is not such an easy pub to find otherwise.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #679 on: February 03, 2012, 12:18:17 am »
Came out of work tonight and there's a horrible smell in Conwy.  I wonder if there's something wrong with the drains, honestly it stinks?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline martin

« Reply #680 on: February 03, 2012, 09:24:38 am »
Came out of work tonight and there's a horrible smell in Conwy.  I wonder if there's something wrong with the drains, honestly it stinks?
Having lived out in the sticks for many years, and often close to farms, the smell last night  is identical to that produced when a farmer is doing a spot of slurry spreading. 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #681 on: February 03, 2012, 09:32:48 am »

How's that job with the Conwy Tourist board going?  :laugh: 
   We get a smell like that every so often in Penrhyn Bay too!  horrible :'(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #682 on: February 03, 2012, 04:18:12 pm »
We get a smell like that every so often in Penrhyn Bay too!  horrible :'(

Normally when they are spreading silage!     ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #683 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »
Signs have gone up this morning at the Gyffin village end of Henryd Road saying  "Road Closed" and diverting traffic along the B5106 Llanrwst Road.

Anyone know why.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: February 07, 2012, 02:30:26 pm »
Harbour Gallery opening on the High Street in Conwy:
https://twitter.com/#!/C_Dearden/status/166885134598029313/photo/1

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #685 on: February 07, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »
Signs have gone up this morning at the Gyffin village end of Henryd Road saying  "Road Closed" and diverting traffic along the B5106 Llanrwst Road.

Anyone know why.

Daniels are doing work in the road at the Henryd end - road is still closed. As Daniels are involved it must be water pipe problems.

Overnight, a wooden stable just off this road was burnt down. Fortunately no horses inside.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #686 on: February 07, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »
Suspected arson attack on stables in North Wales - with video - North Wales News - News - Daily Post North Wales http://bit.ly/wWOK7N

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #687 on: February 08, 2012, 09:29:54 pm »
Overnight, a wooden stable just off this road was burnt down. Fortunately no horses inside.

Front page story in today's Daily Post.
Just what is the point of such a despicable act??

Cattle also straying on this road during last night/this morning.
The road has now re-opened following work by Daniels.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:50:03 pm by DaveR »

Offline dwsi

« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2012, 05:38:45 pm »
Demolition of Billington's Garage in Conwy ‘must go ahead’ - North Wales News - News - Daily Post North Wales http://bit.ly/xwd8VP

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #689 on: February 18, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
Two men with a digger clearing and tidying up the frontage of Billingtons' garage this afternoon. Is demolition finally closer?