Author Topic: Everything to do with Conwy  (Read 626310 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2010, 09:05:37 am »
Never let the facts get in the way of weather related hysteria, Ian!

I know.  But these are the people who are supposed to know something about the sea.  Fills you with confidence, doesn't it?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2010, 10:08:00 pm »
Doesn't appear to be too many about tonight, currently -9C so people have stayed at home in the warm I suppose.

Pity about the fireworks, carols etc having to be cancelled earlier, it's become such a traditional event to attend on Christmas Eve to while away an hour or so. VV

Offline Trojan

« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2010, 11:17:25 pm »
Doesn't appear to be too many about tonight, currently -9C so people have stayed at home in the warm I suppose.

Pity about the fireworks, carols etc having to be cancelled earlier, it's become such a traditional event to attend on Christmas Eve to while away an hour or so. VV

It's becoming a traditional event to have fireworks cancelled Stan.  :-X

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #213 on: December 26, 2010, 01:06:41 pm »
Trojan, I know what you mean, but I think on this occasion things were so bad here in Conwy, that most people would have agreed it was the most sensible option. And conditions aren't any better today. ))* says he as he just had an unplanned slide on the drive.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2010, 12:58:12 pm »
Does anyone else in the Conwy area have milk delivered to the doorstep by Geoff Holley?  Apart from having had no milk deliveries since the week before last, I wondered whether he is OK. He has delivered our milk for several years since taking over the round from Tevor.

We have now had to make alternative arrangements which is no big deal because we can get milk and most other things we need from Gyffin Village Shop which is just down the road fortunately.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2011, 01:29:38 pm »
Felt sorry for parents with youngsters at Ysgol Porth y Felin today, the school failed to open after the Christmas break because of a boiler problem.  It maybe a good idea to check if it's open tomorrow before sending/taking your child.

The school is also closed today but will be open tomorrow with advice that children should wear warm clothing.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2011, 08:00:31 am »
I've moved the Housing posts into a new topic.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2011, 09:00:41 am »
Looks like you have also moved my posts about Ysgol Porth y Felin which is supposed to be open today after two days being closed because of heating problems.

HOWEVER it's snowing quite steadily at present.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:32 am »
Ian, you have also moved my two posts about Ysgol Porth y Felin which should stay under "Everything to do with Conwy".

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2011, 08:14:31 am »
Looks like you have also moved my posts about Ysgol Porth y Felin which is supposed to be open today after two days being closed because of heating problems.

Oops!  Sorry, Stan;  you're quite right.  I'd meant to separate that post and leave it in situ.

:(

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2011, 10:11:08 am »
Apology readily accepted Ian, and a belated Happy New Year to you and yours.

Stan

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2011, 12:55:27 pm »
Went in the Mail Coach yesterday, it's had a rocky ride over the last few weeks, Dawn and Keith are the new landlords and they are very nice people. They intend to stay so thats good. I hope they make a good go of it. I've always liked the Mail Coach.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2011, 03:46:19 pm »
Went in the Mail Coach yesterday, it's had a rocky ride over the last few weeks, Dawn and Keith are the new landlords and they are very nice people. They intend to stay so thats good. I hope they make a good go of it. I've always liked the Mail Coach.
I went past yesterday - they had wooden tables with those silver metal patio chairs inside the pub.  :o

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »
I went past yesterday - they had wooden tables with those silver metal patio chairs inside the pub.  :o
[/quote]Yes I know, they're waiting for new furniture.  We did question the decor lol
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »
I was surprised to see in the Weekly News that Bistro Bach (formerly Bistro Conwy) had closed down.