Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202586 times)

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #645 on: May 08, 2014, 12:52:02 pm »
where is the car park wrex?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #646 on: May 08, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »
The Station Car Park is only a pound for all day at Weekends/Bank Holidays. It's to the right of the Station Entrance.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #647 on: May 08, 2014, 07:27:19 pm »
Very well laid out Car Park, plenty of specially allocated spaces for disabled and staff.  Good clear signage and plenty of room to manouver, for even the worst driver.  Charges are very reasonable, even for the all day commuter.

Now will CCBC get to work on the rest of the town?  ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #648 on: May 22, 2014, 09:44:33 am »
Thank you all we have enjoyed our time in your lovely town, the benches are due at the end of the month 

I could not locate them when I dropped in yesterday to collect two new timetables.

In fact, I could not find any printed timetables on display, or any other promotional material for that matter, so I had to ask for the new timetables at the Booking Office where they are now kept.

This must mean visitors may miss out on publicity material for the Conwy Valley line etc.

I also had to ask for the opening hours and surprised to find it all closes at 3pm midweek and 3.45pm on a Saturday.

If there is a notice displaying this somewhere then I certainly missed it.

I do not know if that it includes the public conveniences which are outside the new enclosed section as I forgot to ask.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #649 on: May 22, 2014, 09:54:35 am »
All the Station facilities, including the Toilets, get locked up at 3pm weekdays. This is because there is only one member of staff, who works 8-3pm (I think).

Crazy to think £5m was spent on the Station, yet there's no money to employ even one person there all day afterwards...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #650 on: May 22, 2014, 10:00:06 am »
So if your train arrives after 3pm there are no toilets open? That seems ridiculous!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #651 on: May 22, 2014, 10:00:43 am »
That's correct.  &shake&

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #652 on: May 22, 2014, 02:52:48 pm »
Do you mean that any daytrippers going home cannot use the waiting room or toilets after 3pm,

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #653 on: May 22, 2014, 04:16:38 pm »
They will be alright until 3.45pm on a Saturday.

You will often find it is also the case on Mostyn Broadway Coach Park for many daytrippers later in the day when Cafe Cais is shut.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #654 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

You will often find it is also the case on Mostyn Broadway Coach Park for many daytrippers later in the day when Cafe Cais is shut.

And they want have to worry about Sundays as there is no bloody trains at all to wait for!

I'd rather be in a rundown station waiting for a train to arrive than a plush 5 million station with no trains in it.  &shake&

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #655 on: May 22, 2014, 05:29:15 pm »

And they want have to worry about Sundays as there is no bloody trains at all to wait for!

I'd rather be in a rundown station waiting for a train to arrive than a plush 5 million station with no trains in it.  &shake&

For your information the Sunday service started over a month ago!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #656 on: May 22, 2014, 06:33:12 pm »
but are the station facilities open including the Booking Office on a Sunday?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #657 on: May 22, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
but are the station facilities open including the Booking Office on a Sunday?

I've no idea, the accusation was that there are no trains running on Sunday.
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #658 on: May 22, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »
Common sense would tell me to keep the station open when there are a few hundred waiting to go home rather than first thing in the morning when nobody is around.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #659 on: May 22, 2014, 09:52:52 pm »
Common sense would tell me to keep the station open when there are a few hundred waiting to go home rather than first thing in the morning when nobody is around.

On the contrary, people travelling first thing in the morning are more likely to purchase tickets than late afternoon when they are more likely to be using a return to get home.

As far as the toilets go, it's a sad fact of life that if left open overnight unattended they will get vandalised so Arriva are left with no option but to lock them when their only member of staff goes home. The obvious answer is for Arriva to employ more staff and man the station from 06:00hrs to 22:00hrs in line with Network Rail's staff at the signalbox but I think if they had their way Arriva would prefer to do away with staff completely and install ticket machines instead.
Valar Morghulis